1997 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Review: A great car... with medicore r

1997 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A great car... with medicore reliability
By Yoda46 on

1997 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new. I now have 115k miles on it. I like the car overall, but I wish my experience were as perfect as some other posters'. The car has not been a lemon, but has required several repairs that I would not expect to have needed on a Honda or Toyota in the same time frame (or on a Ford or GM for that matter): Replaced warped front brake rotors twice (and I am easy on brakes), replaced water pump twice, replaced power steering pump, replaced front tie-rods, replaced transmission support cradle, recharged AC twice.

Favorite Features

Stylish - inside and out. Excellent visibility, comfort, ride, and handling. Large and roomy. Great mpg for a car of this size and power. Excellent feature set and very reasonably priced.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability pleeease! I think Chrysler produces some of the most stylish (inside and out) cars on the market. But their reliability has lagged the field for DECADES - and it continues to do so. I really like Chrysler products, but please don't make me feel foolish for continuing to buy them.