1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Fast car, alot of minor problems
By detritus on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

The 3.5 V6 really packs alot of power. However, Thankfully we got a warranty. The EGR valve went out 6 times on the car since we had it, and the air conditioner went out last year. The brakes have a weird feeling to them, and aren't as responsive compared to other cars. This was the last year of this concorde/intrepid series before the design was completely revamped. If you look at Consumer Reports, you'll see their ratings for the car jump after 1997. If you're looking for a Concorde, i'd definitely consider going with a 98 or higher, where alot of improvements were made.

My 1997 Chrysler Concord
By Jim Hedderly on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Weak Air Conditioning

Great Car
By dpat on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Owned since new. First Chrysler product I've had. This has been the most trouble free car I've ever owned. It has 80,000+ miles on the odometer and the only repairs other than normal maintenance items were replacing the air conditioning drier under the dash with related work (partly covered by a Chrysler) at 55,000 miles and replacing an oxygen sensor at 65,000 miles.

Chrysler Lemon
By jenser on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

2 blown head gaskets 3 Transmissions Sun/Moon Roof motor binds Cd does not work on radio 2 electrical problems - smoke from dash open sunroof trunk opens on its own.

Concord Emissions
By bill m on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Electrical problems: Windshield wiper intermittent problem in cold weather. Oxygen sensors - replaced about 7 in 123k miles. Lots of engine warning lights. Requested meeting with regional at rep on computer problems. Would not setup. Manager of Barton Chrysler - Union City GA. advised that I had over 100k miles - should expect to have car in for problems every three months or so! Have owned 5 Chrysler products. This has required the most repairs of any car owned since 1959.

Never again - 2 blown head gaskets
By Sharon Decker on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I will never again buy a Chrysler. At 50,000 miles the car blew a head gasket. This weekend it blew a second at only 71000 miles. I am going out now to buy a new car, and I guarantee it won't be a Chrysler. By the way, it also has an unreliable gas guage, guzzles fuel, and the air never works long. Two months ago, I replaced the bad front rack ($700). Also steers to the right even though the alignment is correct. Replaced both front tie rods. Other problems in the front as well that I hadn't fixed yet.

My trophycar is awesome
By TrophyCar on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Concorde because I thought it was pretty and had a lot of cool features. But after taking it home, I started to see real potential. I dropped it about four inches, changed to wheels to Arelli Vettas and added a touring wing to the back. I have seven first place trophies for my concorde and have never had any serious problems with the car. In fact the last sales offer I got for the car was well over 3 times what I paid for it.

I Love this Car
By Dan in GA on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

First 4door I've owned. Bought it used with 62000 miles. Never gave the gentleman who owned it before me a problem and it has given be nothing but bliss. I love its luxurious feel and design. It handles great and rides exceptionally.

My first luxury vehicle
By Paperdemon on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from a low end dealer with pretty low expectations. it was a 1997 with 145000 miles on it. only paid $3500 for it, and for the price i couldn't ask for a better car. i haven't had any problems with it, other than i will have to replace all four tires in the near future. oh, and the CD player stopped working a week ago or so. other than that, its a beauty. im positive it will go to 200000 and beyond.

No complaints
By Bob Burke on 03/03/02 11:27 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I plan on keeping my 1997 Concorde for several more years - looks good, drives well, comfortable to drive - and no payments!