1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

1997 Concorde Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Not too bad
By FIT Pilot

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is my first car and was purchased with 57K on it. The car is great in acceration. It is a pile of mush when it comes to cornering. I'm not to happy about the gas mileage (approx 20-21mpg). Very comfortable and fits people of a larger size. The trunk is also able to hold quite a bit of cargo. The reliability isn't great, had to replace water pump and timing for $1300. Inner tie rods for $400. Thermostat broke into about 10 peices, but easily repaired by myself.

Favorite Features

The 3.5L engine can pack quite a punch. The infinity system rocks for a factory system with excellent bass and clarity.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage, Reliability, and tighter Suspension for better handling

This Concorde Still "Flying"
By Orange County Bill

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Was "gifted" this former company car about a year ago. Has been well maintained with frequent oil changes and preventive maintenance. Runs great and has more pick-up than my 2002 Olds Aurora, with more or less the same size engine ( 3.5 ) I had a prior Concorde ( a 1993 model ) that had more problems including a transmission failure at about 60k miles. A few maint. issues such as the fuel gauge replaced, oxygen sensors ( twice ), and power steering pump. No problem with "drive-train" on this one. Overall, good value for the money.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration- has not lost much compression over the miles/years. Gas mileage okay for a fairly big car. Does not use/burn much oil.

Suggested Improvements

Original tires ( Goodyear ) loud and poor ride. Upgraded to Bridgestone/ Uni - T - much better ride/handling. Some of the exterior plastic trim has discolored- was able to paint some of it- not other parts.

Shape up Detroit
By Siwel

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is a trojan horse. Nice car on the surface but has a number of potiental problems waiting to happen. I have spent $800.00 on a/c repair so far.The blower just went out and I was quoted $600.00 for that repair. The sun visor clips both snaped. Please build something that is made to last. The car is not cheap, so I expect some durability. I take great car of my car,but there is only so much I can do. Stop giving americans beautiful garbage to drive.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior. Seven speaker sound system. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Hollow door sound when you close them. Better a/c system. Build a car you can keep for a while.

Terrific car...very nice styling
By Opher

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Hello, I bought this vehicle being impressed with the interior leather seats and console design. True Chrysler don't have a resale value like Honda's, but who cares if you enjoy the vehicle as I have. I have had a Civic blow headgaskets twice, so much for Japenese reliability ha? There is nothing bad I can say about this vehicle, except for in wet pavement, it's a little slippery. The engine is great, and very powerful, I rate this vehicle 9 1/2. Opher

Favorite Features

Leather seats, ride comfort

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, I get about 18 to the gallon.

More leaks than a colander
By Hit -in-the-wallet

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Car had been dependable but has had numorous problems. Transmission, water pump, door locks, and inner tie-rod bushings have been replaced. Currently all transmission lines are leaking. Both valve covers are leaking. ERG sensor has gone out. Electrical wiring needs replacing. Throtle bodies need cleaning, injector need replacing $1300. Any car that has numorous leaks at 60,000 miles is poorly made. My dad said Chrysler was a piece of #%$@. I guess he was right!!

Suggested Improvements

They need to improve quality.

Better than average 4-dr sedan
By JMK

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Concorde from a dealer with 14K on the clock. It drives great and is good for long trips. Large trunk. AC evaporator had to be replaced at 63K, but covered under special extended warranty. Only major mechanical problem was water pump replacement at 70K (expensive because it's internal).

Favorite Features

Great mileage for a large car. Good mileage, 24mph mixed local and hiway. Automatic climate control. Comfortable seats. Good looking sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise. Smoother ride.

Fun vehicle to drive
By mattchri

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is a fast vehicle with alot of room on the inside.

Favorite Features

0-60 in 6.8 sec.

Suggested Improvements

The heater in the car could warm up a little faster.

Good Car
By Crysler Driver

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

After my mother's Intrepid went past 130,000 miles, and my brother's Concorde went past 100,000 miles, I bough my Concorde. I am very happy with it. It is a gourgeous car that is equally nimble around town and on the back roads. No problems with it so far. The 3.5 Liter 24 valve is a kick in the pants! I lover the big roomy interior.

Favorite Features

Interior Room, Trunk space, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Folding rear seats would be nice

This car is a lemon.
By Ruben

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

My mom bought the car brand new. Up to date it has been to the dealership more times than all the cars she has owned. It had had several problems with the brakes, rack and pinion, sensors, and a/c. The warranty covered most of these but the problems keep coming every year and its the same problems. She will never buy a Chrysles again and I never will either. Its a waste of time to have a car that spends more time in the repair shop than on the road.

Favorite Features

drives well

Suggested Improvements

change the engine and the transmission and everything else except the exterior and interior.

DON'T DO IT
By Chryslers are bad

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We bought my wife's Dad's car. The car had 22,000 miles on it after 3 years. Now has 73K. This car has been a piece of junk!!! Bad rack and pinion, (VERY PRICEY) numerous tie rod ends. Needed new Air Compressor, water pump, power steering pump, and now the transmission is going. I will NEVER buy another Dodge/Chrysler product again.

Suggested Improvements

Hey Detroit, why don't you engineer components to last??