1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Great Car for 10 years
By Penna on 02/27/07 18:27 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Very little maintenance required other than oil/lube. Did replace belts including timing at 120,000. Good looking car and fuel efficient.

4 years later
By RK on 11/10/06 08:27 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I wrote a review a few months after buying this car. In four years I have doubled the mileage. It seems then that every 65,000 miles things start to break. After putting 215,000 trouble free miles on a Mazda Protege this does not speak well for the quality of materials on the Chrysler. On a practical stance I bought the car wholesale and the economics of owning this car have still worked out in my favor. But there is no chance in hell that I will ever go into a Chrysler showroom when shopping for a new car.

Best Car for the price
By Jim G. on 10/17/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Owned it since it was new. Mialage is 24 city, 30 highway. have over 185,000 miles and just needed first non-scheduled service (intake manifold gasket.) My normal service is oil change every 3K miles with Mobile-1 10w-30, spark plugs every 30K-40K miles, trans filter/oil every 60,000 miles, and timming belt, accessory belts, water pump and radiator hoses at 120,000 miles. At 150,000 miles had to replace power steering hose and fuel pump. At 185,000 miles fixed the manifold gasket, and installed new struts, and engine cradle bushings.

Fun, But Always Broke
By Jake on 01/10/06 16:08 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Owned it for about two years now. Bought it with 65k and nothing but problems since. After reading some of these reviews, it seems as though the car craps out after 60k miles. Over the past two years I put roughly $4,000 and still going.

Simply Great!
By scatpack43 on 11/28/05 20:51 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2004 and have since logged about 20,000 miles on it. Have had no problems with this car despite the fact it has 190,000 miles on it. Lots of power, space, and a nice looking car for the money. Would definately recommend this car to anyone!

97 concorde best car ever owned.....
By Juergen Muthmann on 09/07/05 16:11 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned almost 50 cars since 1956. I looked for the best car for my retirement. Among Ford, GM, Honda the 97 Concorde has been so far the best quality and driving fun, safety. of course, maintenance is a must on any car. Just changed oil at 87000 miles. oil was clean and used about 1/3 quart over 3000 miles.

Simply Stunning, Classy. A Elegant Car
By MrLenny on 04/18/05 21:27 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My late father purchasrd the Chrysler LX for me. It was so alluring to me. I loved the colour, a Teal-Blue like colour, marvalous! I love to drive my car, had no real problems so far. Um.......it is a wonderful, and spacious vehicle. Love it, adore it, and well, trually a splendid job Chrysler. It's gets a 100!. Some may say different, i love it, and feel it was worth it. If you want a stunning, and large, luxurious vehicle, well get a 1997 Chrysler Concorde LX or LXI. You will see what i am talking about. Bye....

A great car.
By MC on 02/05/05 13:22 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new and it has been great. No major problems ever. Fun to drive and extremely dependable. The car now has 110,000 miles on it and still a great car.

After a rough start.....
By Ripdaddy on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 97 at wholesale. Good thing because I immediately had to replace the steering rack, ps pump, fuel pump, and rear struts. That was in the first two months of ownership with about 65000 miles on the clock. Since then, 30000 miles later, I've had no problems. The body integrity is excellent, a real stiff unit, fuel mileage is ok with my easy foot- about 23 city and 29 hiway. The engine is smooth but lacking in torque in lower rpm's. Externally this has to be one of most beautiful designs ever. I never approach it without thinking what a beautiful car.

Expensive to maintain
By unit_i on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Got a great deal on this car, but all of the repairs have cost me. In 4 years of ownership I have put nearly $6000 into this car, not counting stuff like tires and brakes. AC won't hold a charge for more than 6 months, but no one can find a leak. Various suspension problems totaling $3000. ABS and traction control failed, while the CD player frequently doesn't work. Driving experience is what you would expect from a large American sedan. Good on the highway, lousy most everywhere else.