1997 Chrysler Concorde 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1997 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

LXi Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Review of '97 Concorde
By Mike P on 03/22/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about a year now, bought it used with 440,000 km on it, it now has almost half a million. No major problems at all. Changed brakes, oil, and a few other routine items, but an easy fix for someone with a little DIY experience. The 3.5 L V6 has awesome power and the transmission is very solid. I have driven this car across Canada three times now and all 3 have been without any problems. Very pleased with this car!!

Best car I have owned!!
By geogator on 09/17/09 10:59 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned dozens of cars (BMW, Cadillac, Honda, Toyota, Valiant, New Yorker, etc.). This 160K miles car has been clearly the best riding, best performing, and most comfortable of the lot. It still gets 25-26 mpg on the interstate and more than 20 around town. Yes, I have had to maintain it, but it has paid me back with great service. My wife howls when I say new car. I guess we will drive it until it stops.

Great car with a lil TLC
By Steve on 05/27/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Very dependable car with no large repair expenses, but I also do 90% of my own repairs. I love the 3.5 engine. Most issues after 60,000 miles, standard r/m in my opinion, except the poor quality paint. 30,000-40,000 miles change plugs. At 45,000 miles, replaced hood struts. 52,000, valve cover gaskets. 80,000 miles, EGR valve, solved drivability issue. Found spark plug tubes cylinder 2 & 4, not sealed at bottom, allow oil on top of plugs, removed tubes and applied RTV red sealant. Subframe bushings, sway bar struts, inner tie rod bushings at 90,000. For preventive maint, at 100,000, I replaced all 4 o2 sensors, fuel injectors, coil packs, wires and plugs. Easy car to work on for the DIY.

Simply Great!
By scatpack43 on 11/28/05 20:51 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2004 and have since logged about 20,000 miles on it. Have had no problems with this car despite the fact it has 190,000 miles on it. Lots of power, space, and a nice looking car for the money. Would definately recommend this car to anyone!

A great car.
By MC on 02/05/05 13:22 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new and it has been great. No major problems ever. Fun to drive and extremely dependable. The car now has 110,000 miles on it and still a great car.

Expensive to maintain
By unit_i on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Got a great deal on this car, but all of the repairs have cost me. In 4 years of ownership I have put nearly $6000 into this car, not counting stuff like tires and brakes. AC won't hold a charge for more than 6 months, but no one can find a leak. Various suspension problems totaling $3000. ABS and traction control failed, while the CD player frequently doesn't work. Driving experience is what you would expect from a large American sedan. Good on the highway, lousy most everywhere else.

Terrific car...very nice styling
By Opher on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Hello, I bought this vehicle being impressed with the interior leather seats and console design. True Chrysler don't have a resale value like Honda's, but who cares if you enjoy the vehicle as I have. I have had a Civic blow headgaskets twice, so much for Japenese reliability ha? There is nothing bad I can say about this vehicle, except for in wet pavement, it's a little slippery. The engine is great, and very powerful, I rate this vehicle 9 1/2. Opher

Good Car
By Crysler Driver on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

After my mother's Intrepid went past 130,000 miles, and my brother's Concorde went past 100,000 miles, I bough my Concorde. I am very happy with it. It is a gourgeous car that is equally nimble around town and on the back roads. No problems with it so far. The 3.5 Liter 24 valve is a kick in the pants! I lover the big roomy interior.

This car is a lemon.
By Ruben on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

My mom bought the car brand new. Up to date it has been to the dealership more times than all the cars she has owned. It had had several problems with the brakes, rack and pinion, sensors, and a/c. The warranty covered most of these but the problems keep coming every year and its the same problems. She will never buy a Chrysles again and I never will either. Its a waste of time to have a car that spends more time in the repair shop than on the road.

Fast car, alot of minor problems
By detritus on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

The 3.5 V6 really packs alot of power. However, Thankfully we got a warranty. The EGR valve went out 6 times on the car since we had it, and the air conditioner went out last year. The brakes have a weird feeling to them, and aren't as responsive compared to other cars. This was the last year of this concorde/intrepid series before the design was completely revamped. If you look at Consumer Reports, you'll see their ratings for the car jump after 1997. If you're looking for a Concorde, i'd definitely consider going with a 98 or higher, where alot of improvements were made.