Used 1997 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chrysler Concorde

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

A real stinker
By leftatdunkirk

1997 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

The Concord smelled like gas from day one. Although there was a recall listed regarding this, the local Chrysler dealership refused to fix it and suggested we pay them $90 for a diagnostic test. Lucky for us, we sold it literally the day before the head gasket blew. Unlucky for the poor buyer, he is in that piece of junk for another $1,500 in repairs. If this car is indicative of other Chrysler products, I would NEVER own one. The entitlement mentality of our local dealership doesn't surprise me either, seeing how the parent company has been a corporate welfare mooch for decades. I would highly recommend this car to my enemies.

Favorite Features

Sold it before it died.

Suggested Improvements

Stop subsidizing car makers like Chrysler who keep turning out these lemons.

Smells like gas
By leftatdunkirk

1997 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We acquired this vehicle through a family member and are working to pass it on to some other unlucky soul. Took it to the dealership to have the gas smell checked out under a recall. They said the recall was not active for our vehicle, but they would gladly do a diagnostic for $90. The ABS and traction control have failed and the thing feels like a category 4 earthquake when it idles. The only good that will come of this vehicle is when we get it sold and buy a Volvo.

Favorite Features

Fancy wheels should make it easy to sell.

Suggested Improvements

Well, there is nowhere to go but up.

Review of '97 Concorde
By Mike P

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about a year now, bought it used with 440,000 km on it, it now has almost half a million. No major problems at all. Changed brakes, oil, and a few other routine items, but an easy fix for someone with a little DIY experience. The 3.5 L V6 has awesome power and the transmission is very solid. I have driven this car across Canada three times now and all 3 have been without any problems. Very pleased with this car!!

Favorite Features

3.5L V6 has great power, lots of room, rides smoothly and is not noisy.

Suggested Improvements

A water pump that is not buried underneath of EVERYTHING would be great! As well, Chrysler should really think about changing their paint supplier!

Best car I have owned!!
By geogator

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned dozens of cars (BMW, Cadillac, Honda, Toyota, Valiant, New Yorker, etc.). This 160K miles car has been clearly the best riding, best performing, and most comfortable of the lot. It still gets 25-26 mpg on the interstate and more than 20 around town. Yes, I have had to maintain it, but it has paid me back with great service. My wife howls when I say new car. I guess we will drive it until it stops.

Favorite Features

Large trunk and back seat. Rides very well and you can clearly see out and around.

Suggested Improvements

Hood air shocks, body letters, space between front seats (every thing falls there), and front seat arm rests

reiview of all the concorde reviews
By helen

1997 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We purchased our concorde new with only 7 miles on it. After reading all the previous reviews it is funny because I can agree with all of them. I love the style , comfort and size of the car. Also through out the 12 years of ownership have had to go through the AC problems Chrysler dealers could never get it right but another private mechanic fixed the problem something with the thermostat once that was taken care of ir only requires the normal TLC since it is a big engine and takes midgrade gas we are going to trade it in when the gov. CARS program is official it qualifies. I will miss it great sound system , great on the turnpike, and roomy enough to keep kids happy on long trips

Favorite Features

size, sound system, great power