1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Monty on 07/08/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '96 Concorde new and have driven it regularly ever since. It has been completely reliable. I've done regular maintenance, and the few items that have been replaced were due to wear, not failure. I cannot say enough good things about my car. It is now to the point that many components are wearing out, but I don't mind spending the money to replace them. It's been such a good car that I will keep it indefinitely. This is one purchase that has paid off handsomely for me!

Not Too Bad
By richie91 on 03/25/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Recently purchased this 96 Concorde from a friend. His mother went into a nursing home and the car had only had 3722 miles on it. hard to pass up right? first two months of owning the car went pretty well. changed the oil in the third month. (it was pretty much sludge) websites like edmunds and fuel economy.gov say I'm supposed to be getting around 21 mpg. WRONG. i have the 3.3 V6 and I'm averaging about 12 mpg. Still love the car though. Only complaints are the poorly made cupholders.

Kind a nice
By jegolden on 08/06/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

3.5l eats gas in town, but on highway it's great. I had the computer system in the car figure out my gas mileage all the time driving pizzas. I saw 14mpg in town b-4. Leather seats were AWESOME and so was the sound system. Bought car for 2500, lost it to tranny failure 6 months into it that would have cost me 2000 to fix. Good scape metal now.

Love this car!
By tgm49 on 11/02/08 21:44 PM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Incredible! Of 21 vehicles I've owned, this one has been the most reliable by far. Bought it with 16k mi., now have 230k with original (not rebuilt) motor (3.3l) and tranny. All repairs done after 178k mi. Included timing chain, motor & tranny mounts, rotors, radiator, coil block, alternator, rad fan & water pump (3x since 70k); the rest is intact and in perfect working order including a/c, tranny, motor, abs and all accessories. The secret? change all fluids at the required time set by the manuf. And use the best brand-specific synthetics for all components. This holds true for any of today's vehicles, saving money in the long run; in 8 yrs this car has more than paid for itself.

Just not for me?
By ashley on 06/16/08 22:33 PM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have had my Concord for almost a yr now. My dad bought it for me it hopes it would be a good school car. The first night I had it, it had an oil leak my dad easily fixed it. I like it but it's not the greatest on gas. And it's a little big for me. Other wise great car. I just need something more fuel economy because I will be driving a lot because of college.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Capmaster on 02/29/08 10:39 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've owned quite a few, but this is the overall best car. The car handles like it's on tracks - ultra-stable and predictable. The only repair we've had in 5 years was the oxygen sensors, and I replaced those myself. It's a beautiful, reliable, fun car to own and I can't think of anything I'd change on it. What a great car! My wife also agrees it's the best car we've ever owned.

Can't get much better
By hjohnb on 09/09/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

You would have to dig pretty deep to find fault with this car. It really does get 27 mpg highway - 19.6 city - Rock solid - quiet (except for some time noise on concrete highways) and very reliable. The spacious interior - comforttable seating and superb interior design make this one a fun car to own.

ready to buy a 2005
By crabeye458 on 05/25/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This is the first car I have ever owned that I can honestly say I have no complaints about. I did buy it used but there have been no major problems with this car since I have owned it. The only money I have put into this car is for routine maintenance. Right now I am shopping to buy a new Chrysler, I would not buy another brand of car again.

Nice car good reliability
By dreamadj on 05/21/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

The car is a very nice, car it drives smooth, great stero system , nice heating and air, very roomy , great sleek look, and nice family car, the only problems i have had is the fuel pump and an axel. But over all very nice car

Turns on a dime!
By Plumbing Drummer on 05/07/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Love the way this car handles. I live in a mountainous area w/ lots for sharp curves & steep hills & this car handles them very well. I love the 7 speaker bose & creature comforts in general. I had to replace a fuel pump (really easy thanks to an access panel in trunk), wheel bearing 2 years ago & have the steering fixed last year, but considering the car has over 175,000 miles on it that’s not too bad. The air conditioning stopped working 4 years ago but considering everything else the car has to offer that’s a minor inconvienence.