Used 1996 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Monty

1996 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '96 Concorde new and have driven it regularly ever since. It has been completely reliable. I've done regular maintenance, and the few items that have been replaced were due to wear, not failure. I cannot say enough good things about my car. It is now to the point that many components are wearing out, but I don't mind spending the money to replace them. It's been such a good car that I will keep it indefinitely. This is one purchase that has paid off handsomely for me!

Exterior design, interior design, ease of maintenance under the hood.

3.3 V6 engine needs more power, headlights could be brighter

Not Too Bad
By richie91

1996 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Recently purchased this 96 Concorde from a friend. His mother went into a nursing home and the car had only had 3722 miles on it. hard to pass up right? first two months of owning the car went pretty well. changed the oil in the third month. (it was pretty much sludge) websites like edmunds and fuel economy.gov say I'm supposed to be getting around 21 mpg. WRONG. i have the 3.3 V6 and I'm averaging about 12 mpg. Still love the car though. Only complaints are the poorly made cupholders.

smooth ride even at high speeds. comfortable seating for six. (if you've got the bench seating and column shifter) love the digital climate control. Heat blows hot as hell and air is icy cold.

cup holders, better MPG, more HP.

Kind a nice
By jegolden

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

3.5l eats gas in town, but on highway it's great. I had the computer system in the car figure out my gas mileage all the time driving pizzas. I saw 14mpg in town b-4. Leather seats were AWESOME and so was the sound system. Bought car for 2500, lost it to tranny failure 6 months into it that would have cost me 2000 to fix. Good scape metal now.

leather seats, bose system, computer above dash.

TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this car!
By tgm49

1996 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Incredible! Of 21 vehicles I've owned, this one has been the most reliable by far. Bought it with 16k mi., now have 230k with original (not rebuilt) motor (3.3l) and tranny. All repairs done after 178k mi. Included timing chain, motor & tranny mounts, rotors, radiator, coil block, alternator, rad fan & water pump (3x since 70k); the rest is intact and in perfect working order including a/c, tranny, motor, abs and all accessories. The secret? change all fluids at the required time set by the manuf. And use the best brand-specific synthetics for all components. This holds true for any of today's vehicles, saving money in the long run; in 8 yrs this car has more than paid for itself.

Handling; economy (20 city, 31 hwy at70mph with A/C); room; looks; designed to be very easy to work on; longitudinal powertrain layout; very economical to repair for do-it- yourselfers.

Chrysler ought to pay closer attention to workmanship, noise/harshness control and utilitarian/ergonomic design. The new designs (2005+) are dissappointing in these areas, but then again, so is the rest of what Detroit has come up with lately.

Just not for me?
By ashley

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I have had my Concord for almost a yr now. My dad bought it for me it hopes it would be a good school car. The first night I had it, it had an oil leak my dad easily fixed it. I like it but it's not the greatest on gas. And it's a little big for me. Other wise great car. I just need something more fuel economy because I will be driving a lot because of college.

i loved the sun roof. and i like the automatic locks and windows and power seats

the only thing would be better gas, and maybe a little smaller