Used 1994 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

the hare beat my turtle
By stuart

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

it's ok when it's on a full tank,you have to constanly check the tranny fluid to make sure it's ok otherwise she'll only ride in first gear i used lucas tranny fix i've had no problems with it my other complain is the car has no giddy up and go. i used to think chrysler built damn good cars.i need to change my way of thinking. i bought the car used.joke is on me.

power windows,highway driving is great,huge trunk

chrysler should have put hemi engines in these cars.

~Purrs~even at old age! My Garden angel
By gwendolyn

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

This car was my first! I'm telling you, if this baby goes out on me with age (miles) I'm getting an exact model of this car. it has over 203,000 and runs great, even when i had minor stuff go out, it still ran! This car has never stop going... Safety is in this car carries a garden angel for sure! We had hit 3 deers, NO joke, last one was a huge deer horn deer running almost 60 mph and yes we felt the knock but when we got out thinking maybe not that much damaged we where totally WRONG! it took my front fender off hanging, pass side panel, hood was smashed in and the car still took us home! If you had seen this car you impact was not as bad as the damaged it caused. A+ RECOM!!

LOVE the room, comfort, power, style sleek design, can trick many with the yr as to say, it well fits in with the new models yrs if you do a little headlight change yrs can be added for a 97-98! Lots compliments, love the alarm system! Smooth drive, fun car upgrade and show off! I love it!

HMMMM.. I think they all should have come with a sunroof! :o) Front headlights needed better visibility when driving at night. Option taking key out when ON/ was not avalible. Gas was at the HIGH end $, I guess that comes in my part, when I gassed it on the go! Got addicted to speed with this one!?:/

My Frog gets up and goes
By My 1994 Concorde

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

A few reasons(even with 119+)to buy it. To start reliablity, space, and economy (fuel wise). Being able to haul what I do is a +. She's my own tow truck as well as mobile garage. I'm at 148+ with the origin tranny and my complaint was when the battery died on me. I had her over 3 yrs avr $160/yr in maintenance oil, coolant, etc and $300 for 4 brand new tires; even "superb imports" need them. I change my oil twice a yr (no racing or synthetic oil, reg 10W-30) and my filter once a yr. She's yet to let me down. My first/last car was/will be the Charger. Mopar built right. Thanks for the ride Diehard Fan.

Where to begin; the Infinity system rocks, the 18 Gal tank is cool, rides excellent (dad prefers it when I visit over his 04 Intrepid), the amount of cargo as well as passenger space is awesome, the visibility is great as well as the pick-up from the 3.3L engine(no not a typo)& accessibility cool.

Maybe could've used a higher grade metal or coating process to prevent hood corners from rusting, should've stayed with the springs instead of the low grade shocks for the hood. Should've kept the better and more durable "leaf springs" in the rear. Overall I still would'nt change a thing; it flows.

For want of a nail...
By MaxDrivesLikeANut

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first used car after college. I knew there had been recalls, but I wanted to believe that American manufacturers built a good product. 5,000 miles after buying it (with 58,000 on it) the distributor left me on the side of the road during rush hour. Torque converter locks up in reverse on cold mornings, until the car warms up. Told to get a new transmission by dealership for $3,600, but AAMCO guy suggested I run it until it failed. I just back into every parking space; been getting by for 40,000 miles. The turn signals fail when it's cold or wet. A/C went, front tie rods and the climate control just went.

Radio is very good, but needs more bass. I found the later radio with CD player is an exact fit, bought one on EBAY. Just make sure the mounting holes are identical. Traction control feature got me to buy the car, but the 3.5L V6 was certainly an incentive.

Please, Chrysler -- Build a reliable car, then give us a hassle-free Long- running warranty. Here's a hint -- the people I bought the car from had replaced it with a bottom-level Acura.

Nothin' but happy!
By mombandy4

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car used as a wedding gift to ourselves. What a great gift it was!!! The Concorde is a beautifully built car with lots of style. The transmission was replaced shortly after purchase, and was covered under warranty. That is the ONLY problem we have had out of it. It handles as well as any small car but with a big car attitude!!

LOVE the Infinity speaker system, leather seats and the overall look of this vehicle.

Transmission problems should have been dealt with quickly.