Used 1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

1994 Chrysler Concorde 3.5L
By tbolt2

1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan 4dr Sedan

We have not had the same experience as others. With only 108,000 miles on this car in July 2011, we have had the following experiences: 1. Had to replace whole AC system at 65,000 - cost $1500. 2. Had to have two intake and two exhaust rockers in right back overhead cam replaced in 2007 at 66,500 miles. 3. Had to replace engine timing sensor in crankcase at 82,000 miles in 2008. 3. AC compressor failed again at 92,000 miles in 2009 - replaced at $650. 4. Alloy wheels every 2 to 3 years have to be taken off and oxidation removed from tire bead area to prevent air loss. Worse in winter for some reason. 5. Whole front end tie rod ends and steering linkages replaced in 2011.

6. Exterior plastic strips on all 4 door fell off between 60K - 70K miles. 7. Headliner is falling off at rear window for years. 8. Transmission began to slip in 2010 when downshifting into first but only when below 40F. Did not repair yet. 9. Coolant overflow tank will not remain full, somehow loses coolant. Nobody knows why. 10. Never got better than 21 mpg in city, 25mpg on highway. Engine performance is good even when using regular unleaded. Brake system good when serviced properly meaning replacing rotors and calipers every 5 to 7 years. Paint has held up very well. Handling with good tires is superb. Good stereo sound system.

Leathers seats are very hot in summer. Cloth ia way better. Alloy wheels suck - need better alloy to prevent oxidation. AC system sucks. No engine should need major repair before 100,000 miles.

Best car built
By chips0735

1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan 4dr Sedan

I leased the 94 Concord for three years then paid it out and kept it. I never was a Chrysler fan, but this has got to be the best car they ever built. We have always got over 30 mpg (imperial gallons) highway and 20-25 city. It has the 3.5 engine which I feel is BULLET PROOF as it now has 353,243 kms and does not use any oil between changes. I have always used an oil stabilizer at each change and am sure that this car is good for at least another 100000 kms. Good looking, comfortable and the wide stance makes it a dream to drive at high speeds.My wife would be lost without the onboard computer.

Style, comfort, onboard computer, two 8 way power seats, Infinity sound system, traction control, and economy for a big car, driving ease. When we got it, it was classed as MID SIZE, now 2011, it is full size luxury.

Excellent car
By Big ole Al

1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Concorde used, from a friend that had owned the car for a very long time. It still drives and rides like a dream. The leather seats are comfortable, the ride is smooth. the acceleration is there if I need it, It gets great mileage for a car of its size. I usually average above 20 mpg in town and I have gotten as high as 28 mpg on a long ride. I can still spin the tires off the starting line after 16 years and 240,00 miles plus. My only 2 complaints are the cruise control. It still works -- but it is a little jerky on a down grade. And the paint. the quality of the original paint really is poor. If not for those two issues my car would still near perfect. Can't ask for more

The comfort both in ride and the automatic A/C settings it keeps the cabin temp just where you want it to be. It doesn't matter if its hot or cold outside; your nice and comfy on the inside of the cabin. The information center with trip computer is a great accessory

Better paint. Custom wheels instead of hub caps, and an air ride to assist the struts,

Chrysler Conconde
By ERMA PATTERSON

1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan 4dr Sedan

This 1994 Chrysler had major problems and recalls when I bought it in 2002. It had (2) recalls clucth and gear shift. also cv axles problems. It look like it was in and accident, but the dealer fail to tell that story.

Leather seats

Rims, plain will do fine.

one of the greats
By moman

1994 Chrysler Concorde Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1994 concorde in 2000 and had 130,000 miles on it. Now in 09 its at 312,387 miles and the trans shifts smooth as can be. only problem I ever had with this car was the tires. it has not failed me once. I am a firm dodge/chrysler man. I've fixed more cars then most. the 3.5 is a great motor along with the 3.3. Every dodge I've owned has given me my moneys worth. have a 1977 dodge powerwagon with a 360 that has 796,342 miles on it. Best truck I will ever had owned. just like this concorde is shaping up to be the best car i ever owned. you treat her right she'll treat you like a king. Plus it doesn't have pointless parts which go out that need replacing like chevy and ford.

The sound system is really good for a stock one. The best feature is the 3.5 engine it has alot of accel to it when needed and I still get 26-31 mpgs will driving. Trans has been amazing as well drop it to change the filter and never had little chunks of metal.

The front suspension should have been done different along with rear. Other then that it's a great car.