1994 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )
1994 Chrysler Concorde 3.5L
By tbolt2 on 07/23/11 06:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

We have not had the same experience as others. With only 108,000 miles on this car in July 2011, we have had the following experiences: 1. Had to replace whole AC system at 65,000 - cost $1500. 2. Had to have two intake and two exhaust rockers in right back overhead cam replaced in 2007 at 66,500 miles. 3. Had to replace engine timing sensor in crankcase at 82,000 miles in 2008. 3. AC compressor failed again at 92,000 miles in 2009 - replaced at $650. 4. Alloy wheels every 2 to 3 years have to be taken off and oxidation removed from tire bead area to prevent air loss. Worse in winter for some reason. 5. Whole front end tie rod ends and steering linkages replaced in 2011.

Best car built
By chips0735 on 04/29/11 13:30 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

I leased the 94 Concord for three years then paid it out and kept it. I never was a Chrysler fan, but this has got to be the best car they ever built. We have always got over 30 mpg (imperial gallons) highway and 20-25 city. It has the 3.5 engine which I feel is BULLET PROOF as it now has 353,243 kms and does not use any oil between changes. I have always used an oil stabilizer at each change and am sure that this car is good for at least another 100000 kms. Good looking, comfortable and the wide stance makes it a dream to drive at high speeds.My wife would be lost without the onboard computer.

Excellent car
By Big ole Al on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

I bought my Concorde used, from a friend that had owned the car for a very long time. It still drives and rides like a dream. The leather seats are comfortable, the ride is smooth. the acceleration is there if I need it, It gets great mileage for a car of its size. I usually average above 20 mpg in town and I have gotten as high as 28 mpg on a long ride. I can still spin the tires off the starting line after 16 years and 240,00 miles plus. My only 2 complaints are the cruise control. It still works -- but it is a little jerky on a down grade. And the paint. the quality of the original paint really is poor. If not for those two issues my car would still near perfect. Can't ask for more

Chrysler Conconde
By ERMA PATTERSON on 07/13/09 08:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

This 1994 Chrysler had major problems and recalls when I bought it in 2002. It had (2) recalls clucth and gear shift. also cv axles problems. It look like it was in and accident, but the dealer fail to tell that story.

one of the greats
By moman on 07/07/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1994 concorde in 2000 and had 130,000 miles on it. Now in 09 its at 312,387 miles and the trans shifts smooth as can be. only problem I ever had with this car was the tires. it has not failed me once. I am a firm dodge/chrysler man. I've fixed more cars then most. the 3.5 is a great motor along with the 3.3. Every dodge I've owned has given me my moneys worth. have a 1977 dodge powerwagon with a 360 that has 796,342 miles on it. Best truck I will ever had owned. just like this concorde is shaping up to be the best car i ever owned. you treat her right she'll treat you like a king. Plus it doesn't have pointless parts which go out that need replacing like chevy and ford.

the hare beat my turtle
By stuart on 05/31/09 14:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

it's ok when it's on a full tank,you have to constanly check the tranny fluid to make sure it's ok otherwise she'll only ride in first gear i used lucas tranny fix i've had no problems with it my other complain is the car has no giddy up and go. i used to think chrysler built damn good cars.i need to change my way of thinking. i bought the car used.joke is on me.

~Purrs~even at old age! My Garden angel
By gwendolyn on 04/09/06 20:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

This car was my first! I'm telling you, if this baby goes out on me with age (miles) I'm getting an exact model of this car. it has over 203,000 and runs great, even when i had minor stuff go out, it still ran! This car has never stop going... Safety is in this car carries a garden angel for sure! We had hit 3 deers, NO joke, last one was a huge deer horn deer running almost 60 mph and yes we felt the knock but when we got out thinking maybe not that much damaged we where totally WRONG! it took my front fender off hanging, pass side panel, hood was smashed in and the car still took us home! If you had seen this car you impact was not as bad as the damaged it caused. A+ RECOM!!

My Frog gets up and goes
By My 1994 Concorde on 07/28/05 02:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

A few reasons(even with 119+)to buy it. To start reliablity, space, and economy (fuel wise). Being able to haul what I do is a +. She's my own tow truck as well as mobile garage. I'm at 148+ with the origin tranny and my complaint was when the battery died on me. I had her over 3 yrs avr $160/yr in maintenance oil, coolant, etc and $300 for 4 brand new tires; even "superb imports" need them. I change my oil twice a yr (no racing or synthetic oil, reg 10W-30) and my filter once a yr. She's yet to let me down. My first/last car was/will be the Charger. Mopar built right. Thanks for the ride Diehard Fan.

For want of a nail...
By MaxDrivesLikeANut on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first used car after college. I knew there had been recalls, but I wanted to believe that American manufacturers built a good product. 5,000 miles after buying it (with 58,000 on it) the distributor left me on the side of the road during rush hour. Torque converter locks up in reverse on cold mornings, until the car warms up. Told to get a new transmission by dealership for $3,600, but AAMCO guy suggested I run it until it failed. I just back into every parking space; been getting by for 40,000 miles. The turn signals fail when it's cold or wet. A/C went, front tie rods and the climate control just went.

Nothin' but happy!
By mombandy4 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler Concorde 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car used as a wedding gift to ourselves. What a great gift it was!!! The Concorde is a beautifully built car with lots of style. The transmission was replaced shortly after purchase, and was covered under warranty. That is the ONLY problem we have had out of it. It handles as well as any small car but with a big car attitude!!