Used 2000 Chrysler Cirrus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Cirrus

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:

Fun Car with only a few Quirks...
By SkyWlf77

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

This car is a blast to drive. The 2.5L V6 is a little sluggish to get going, but once you're moving, mash the gas and prepare for some fun. The gearing is very low in this car, so even in overdrive, the engine is in its powerband. Just keep in mind that this hurts fuel economy (I average 28mpg with a 75/25 city/highway split). The seats are not comfortable for long trips due to a lack of padding. The interior is plasticky and cheap looking/feeling. I've had issue with tie rods and strut mounts giving way prematurely. Tires make a large difference in ride quality. Car is still going strong at 150,000 miles.

Favorite Features

High-revving V6, low-geared transmission, exterior appearance

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the seats (for comfort) and the plastic (for looks and quality), Give the car an extra gear (for fuel economy) and upgrade the tie rods and strut mounts (for longevity)

Great reliable car
By steve Sherm

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 2001, my son had it for 2 years and now my daughter has it. 110,000 miles and no problems. I maintain it properly, I changed the timing belt at 90,000 for safety reason, I've had no problems with it. I think i could easily get 200k miles out of it.

Favorite Features

Fast, reliable

Suggested Improvements

nothing

Good car overall
By Skip

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I have over 157,000 miles on it and it still runs great and the AC is ice cold. I bought the car new in 2000 and like many went through brakes quickly. I had to replace brakes and rotors before 30,000 miles. Rust appeared on the hood lip within two years, but was out of warranty for miles. There was a recall on the power steering hose; mine blew a year before the recall. I will be giving the car to my son soon and expect it to last a couple of more years.

Favorite Features

Nice acceleration. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Poor quality on hood since it rusted quickly.

Cirrus Had It's Good and Bad Points
By SheRuss

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

The ball joints all had to be replaced, both tie rod ends, both front struts, rotors and pads, rack and pinion, drivers window regulator. But especially, hood rusted through at leading edge (saw this on many others). This all before 65,000. Was good car but had a high maintennce 'front end' (and ignition - wires and plugs). Was garaged and driven normally. Had the 98 Breeze before - same problems but it leaked oil by 30,000 miles to the tune of 1 quart a week. Am glad they stopped making it so I won't buy another. My brother had similar problems with his, plus the notorious 'front wheel bearing' problems.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy. Pick up (when it had it).

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the hood so the water doesn't get trapped under leading edge. Make front end components more durable (much more).

Excelent Car but the brakes
By Chris

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

Good car overall, lots of power but needs to be improved in areas like braking, front tie-rod ends, transmission leaks and sturdyness. It looks great, the design is still very modern.

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car and the acceleration on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

It needs better designed brakes for sure, I changed mine every 25,000Km.