2000 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:
Fun Car with only a few Quirks...
By SkyWlf77 on 10/13/07 13:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

This car is a blast to drive. The 2.5L V6 is a little sluggish to get going, but once you're moving, mash the gas and prepare for some fun. The gearing is very low in this car, so even in overdrive, the engine is in its powerband. Just keep in mind that this hurts fuel economy (I average 28mpg with a 75/25 city/highway split). The seats are not comfortable for long trips due to a lack of padding. The interior is plasticky and cheap looking/feeling. I've had issue with tie rods and strut mounts giving way prematurely. Tires make a large difference in ride quality. Car is still going strong at 150,000 miles.

Great reliable car
By steve Sherm on 02/25/07 06:54 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 2001, my son had it for 2 years and now my daughter has it. 110,000 miles and no problems. I maintain it properly, I changed the timing belt at 90,000 for safety reason, I've had no problems with it. I think i could easily get 200k miles out of it.

Good car overall
By Skip on 08/24/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I have over 157,000 miles on it and it still runs great and the AC is ice cold. I bought the car new in 2000 and like many went through brakes quickly. I had to replace brakes and rotors before 30,000 miles. Rust appeared on the hood lip within two years, but was out of warranty for miles. There was a recall on the power steering hose; mine blew a year before the recall. I will be giving the car to my son soon and expect it to last a couple of more years.

Cirrus Had It's Good and Bad Points
By SheRuss on 07/27/06 21:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

The ball joints all had to be replaced, both tie rod ends, both front struts, rotors and pads, rack and pinion, drivers window regulator. But especially, hood rusted through at leading edge (saw this on many others). This all before 65,000. Was good car but had a high maintennce 'front end' (and ignition - wires and plugs). Was garaged and driven normally. Had the 98 Breeze before - same problems but it leaked oil by 30,000 miles to the tune of 1 quart a week. Am glad they stopped making it so I won't buy another. My brother had similar problems with his, plus the notorious 'front wheel bearing' problems.

Excelent Car but the brakes
By Chris on 11/16/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

Good car overall, lots of power but needs to be improved in areas like braking, front tie-rod ends, transmission leaks and sturdyness. It looks great, the design is still very modern.

Great styling and standard features
By Katrina Michaels on 08/28/05 10:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

For the past three years the only thing paid for other than my car note were oil changes. Great performance and low maintenance costs. Fun to drive. Easy to accelerate when passing other vehicles. Fast off the line.

Best Chrysler I ever owned
By DMAD on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Best Chrysler I ever owned. Excellent performance and fuel economy. No mechanical issues and easy to maintain. I wish they still built this style!

A GREAT CAR!
By owner of a great car on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

it's a shame that crysler stopped the cirrus, it's a fun car, that looks great.Unlike my parents cars, (toyota,and ford) i have had NO big problems with mine. Since 2000, the only thing that has happened is that there is 1 rust spotunder the hood,small,and not noticable unless u open the hood,and the window froze once. THE CIRRUS IS A GREAT,SPORTY CAR, WITH REMARKABLE HANDLING AND ACCELERATION FOR A 4 CYLINDER 155HP VEHICLE. IT'S A GREAT CAR FOR ANYONE, AND IT LOOKS,FEELS, AND DRIVES JUST LIKE NEW, 4 YEARS LATER!!!!!! I AM ONE HAPPY OWNER

Kathy's Car
By Kathleen Bayles on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Great vehicle. No problems. Handles like a dream. Rides like a dream. I don't understand the poor overall rating you gave this vehicle.

Hard fast milea
By Mew on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I use this car in business and usually drive 1000 miles/week. I service it regularly and keep an eye on fluids. It has been reliable with only a transmission servo and oil pressure sending unit going out. It has the V6 and performs well. One of my trips is 460 miles-- Interstate driving at 80 and still get 29 mpg. Comfortable and simple inside. I'm going to try to get 250 or 300K out of it as long as it is reliable.