2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:
Bought New
By floyd_p on 04/11/12 05:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2001. It currently has 125K miles on it and have probably spent maybe $1700 in maintenance over the last two years. Before that only tires, brake shoes and oil changes. This car has been surprisingly reliable and comfortable. I didn't expect to keep this car as long as I have but, it just keeps on going. Had a little annoying issues like passenger rear windown would not roll down for a few years then suddently it decided to start to work and hasn't stopped since. The only real beef with the car is where they put the drink holders. With the gear shift in park, you can't put anything larger than a soda can until you put it in gear. No CD player is the other.

51,000 miles and lots of problems
By Jaras500 on 09/02/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought the Cirrus two months ago and already I've had to fork over almost $700 in repairs. The car looks nice and the inside is beautiful but that's about it. The car won't start when it's hot outside or if it rained the night before. I am having a tuneup done on it to see if that will fix the problem but I'm not getting my hopes up. The parts for this car are very expensive and you have to take out the entire engine just to get a tuneup done. Stay far away from this bucket of junk and buy a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Prizm. At least with them you won't be stranded in a parking lot in 90 degree weather or pouring rain.

lots of problems
By tok on 08/30/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

bought the car from a family friend with 40,000 miles on it, and have had nothing but trouble, electrical system junk, replaced alternator and distributor several times. Front end fell apart and had to be rebuilt, and front brakes replaced annually. Will not buy another Chrysler.

It's still a great car!
By pltaylor on 06/07/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

No major problems with this car at all. High road noise in car. Good sound system with 5 disc multi CD player and cassette deck. Excellent trunk space. Interior leather seats are very comfortable for driver. Also comfortable for other passengers. This is my 2nd Chrysler. I traded in my 2 door Sebring for a 4 door sedan. I had no reliability problems with the Sebring either.

I Love My Cirrus
By geckisme on 03/29/09 21:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have 160,000 miles on my car and it's still running great. I commute 600 miles per week and it is very reliable. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!!
By 2000 Chysler Cirrus on 03/21/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I now have owned this car four years. It is without a dought the best car I have ever owued. I now have 237,000 miles on this car. It still runs fine and I hope to top 300,000 miles. I maintaine it properly and have had very few problems.

Nice car
By twokanslam on 12/10/08 21:26 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I've heard people say stuff about this car but I like it' it looks nice and drives good. I wish they still made this car. I just would like it to have better gas mileage

Poor product
By PHILLEE on 08/09/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This car presently has 61,000 miles. We bought it new and have had two radiators replaced due to leaking. Have had two transmission sensors go bad, both outer tie rod ends had to be replaced, the rusted hood had to be replaced and the blower motor resistor had to be replaced. Need I say more? You can see why my Dodge intrepid got traded in for a Honda Accord, which by the way has not had any breakdowns in four years and 52,000 miles. I have owned Chrysler for the last 36 years but this one will be my last one.

Always something
By Always something on 07/17/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my car but there is always something else I have to change. My brakes get changed annually and the whole front end is replaced too. Now the damn thing won't start! There's always something to do

Darn Good Car
By dougjohnson on 12/08/07 18:36 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Typically get 25 miles to the gallon. Good performance. No CD player installed--have to listen to radio or cassettes. Sadly, there are no ash trays. Nice looking car; both inside and out. My car is gold in color--it speaks loudly of the LXI model. Almost 100,000 miles on it now; no change of spark plugs or exhaust systems yet. No transmission problems with my car. Drivers door window motor went out--replaced it myself. Here's a good suggestion: take care of the car and it will take care of you. I wonder about the front light bulb assembly--plastic degrades and wonder when I won't be able to see if the light from the bulb can't get through the plastic lens cover.