Used 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:

Bought New
By floyd_p

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2001. It currently has 125K miles on it and have probably spent maybe $1700 in maintenance over the last two years. Before that only tires, brake shoes and oil changes. This car has been surprisingly reliable and comfortable.
I didn't expect to keep this car as long as I have but, it just keeps on going.
Had a little annoying issues like passenger rear windown would not roll down for a few years then suddently it decided to start to work and hasn't stopped since.

The only real beef with the car is where they put the drink holders. With the gear shift in park, you can't put anything larger than a soda can until you put it in gear. No CD player is the other.

Good accelleration, comfortable seats, good visibility, decent miliage.

CD player, larger better placement of cup holders. (picky I know)

51,000 miles and lots of problems
By Jaras500

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought the Cirrus two months ago and already I've had to fork over almost $700 in repairs. The car looks nice and the inside is beautiful but that's about it. The car won't start when it's hot outside or if it rained the night before. I am having a tuneup done on it to see if that will fix the problem but I'm not getting my hopes up. The parts for this car are very expensive and you have to take out the entire engine just to get a tuneup done. Stay far away from this bucket of junk and buy a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Prizm. At least with them you won't be stranded in a parking lot in 90 degree weather or pouring rain.

Nice interior, lots of leg room, and good pickup when it's running.

Anything mechanical and cheaper parts to fix it.

lots of problems
By tok

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

bought the car from a family friend with 40,000 miles on it, and have had nothing but trouble, electrical system junk, replaced alternator and distributor several times. Front end fell apart and had to be rebuilt, and front brakes replaced annually. Will not buy another Chrysler.

Quality, Quality, Quality...

It's still a great car!
By pltaylor

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

No major problems with this car at all. High road noise in car. Good sound system with 5 disc multi CD player and cassette deck. Excellent trunk space. Interior leather seats are very comfortable for driver. Also comfortable for other passengers. This is my 2nd Chrysler. I traded in my 2 door Sebring for a 4 door sedan. I had no reliability problems with the Sebring either.

6 way adjustable driver side power seat. Excellent performance and handling. I get excellent mileage on this car.

CD disc case and cup holders between front seats - VERY BAD ergonomics!!!

Nice car
By twokanslam

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I've heard people say stuff about this car but I like it' it looks nice and drives good. I wish they still made this car. I just would like it to have better gas mileage

Interior, and body