Used 2000 Chrysler Cirrus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:

I regret buying this car.
By B

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car back in April 2015. 2000 Chrysler cirrus. With 193,000 miles on her. It is now November 23 rd 2015 and I'm ready to drive this car into the river and let the fish make it their new home. When I first got it we had to replace the sway bar, then the tie rod end in August. Come mid to late October the car starts cutting off. Everything dropped to 0 the transmission would jerk and she was back firing and missing pretty bad and I had about 20 seconds to get off the road before she cut off. But she would start right back up and go again. So I had several different mechanics check it out. The fuel pump had gone out so we replaced it and put spark plugs in it. The car still shut off again but this time nothing dropped to 0 it just straight cut off, and the missing and the back firing stopped It didn't matter if I was in a intersection or on interstate doing 75 mph ( I had both happen) so we replaced the manifold air intake censor and the map censor and she did great this morning going to work but coming home she cut out on me again but did not turn off. They said next thing to replace is crank censor. Sooooo before we started replacing things, I looked up this car and read issues with it etc. so basically from all the posts I've read, around 200,000 miles the computer chip screws up. I can't tell you how many posts I read trying to figure this out. Those folks replaced everything and some including the computer and it still didn't help. Soooo I'm going to replace the crank censor if that doesn't help. I'm getting rid of this car. I can not afford to put a computer in it and I only paid a 1000 for this car I've put a 1000 into it. I'm a single mother and i can't afford to keep doing this. If anybody out there has a solution please let me know. [contact info removed] I'd greatly appreciate help. I'm really sick of sitting on the side of the road or taking a bus to a certain place and having to walk the rest with a 1 year old. I just for once would give anything to drop my baby off and get to work on time and not have to worry or beg someone to pick my baby up and take us home. Thank y'all. Love and light to you all.

Bought New
By floyd_p

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2001. It currently has 125K miles on it and have probably spent maybe $1700 in maintenance over the last two years. Before that only tires, brake shoes and oil changes. This car has been surprisingly reliable and comfortable. I didn't expect to keep this car as long as I have but, it just keeps on going. Had a little annoying issues like passenger rear windown would not roll down for a few years then suddently it decided to start to work and hasn't stopped since. The only real beef with the car is where they put the drink holders. With the gear shift in park, you can't put anything larger than a soda can until you put it in gear. No CD player is the other.

Good accelleration, comfortable seats, good visibility, decent miliage.

CD player, larger better placement of cup holders. (picky I know)

51,000 miles and lots of problems
By Jaras500

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought the Cirrus two months ago and already I've had to fork over almost $700 in repairs. The car looks nice and the inside is beautiful but that's about it. The car won't start when it's hot outside or if it rained the night before. I am having a tuneup done on it to see if that will fix the problem but I'm not getting my hopes up. The parts for this car are very expensive and you have to take out the entire engine just to get a tuneup done. Stay far away from this bucket of junk and buy a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Prizm. At least with them you won't be stranded in a parking lot in 90 degree weather or pouring rain.

Nice interior, lots of leg room, and good pickup when it's running.

Anything mechanical and cheaper parts to fix it.

lots of problems
By tok

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

bought the car from a family friend with 40,000 miles on it, and have had nothing but trouble, electrical system junk, replaced alternator and distributor several times. Front end fell apart and had to be rebuilt, and front brakes replaced annually. Will not buy another Chrysler.

Quality, Quality, Quality...

It's still a great car!
By pltaylor

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

No major problems with this car at all. High road noise in car. Good sound system with 5 disc multi CD player and cassette deck. Excellent trunk space. Interior leather seats are very comfortable for driver. Also comfortable for other passengers. This is my 2nd Chrysler. I traded in my 2 door Sebring for a 4 door sedan. I had no reliability problems with the Sebring either.

6 way adjustable driver side power seat. Excellent performance and handling. I get excellent mileage on this car.

CD disc case and cup holders between front seats - VERY BAD ergonomics!!!

• SUV