1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LXi 2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )
Amazing car
By coreyjames on 05/03/13 20:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Got this as my first car. Bought from my uncle who babied it everywhere and kept it maintained. It had 130k when i bought it just over a year ago year ago. Now has 155k and still counting. Replaced struts and ball joints at 140k which is a fairly common repair. One blower motor resistor. Being a 17 year old country boy, i knew my way around a car. I BEAT this car to no end. I chirp the tires about 5 days a week every week. Ive topped it at about 115, feels scary as any sedan should! Ive left massive burnouts and clouds of smoke behind me. My car has been up to the doors in mud. Been thru a foot of water. Jumped a few RR tracks...doesnt skip a beat! Quick acceleration, great handling. LOVE IT

Amazing
By 7hefury on 09/25/12 20:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I got the cirrus as my first car. It is simply amazing, I love the power it has and it looks great. The car has had barely any problems, usually cheap fixes and it has minor rust issues. I got it with about 75000 on it and now its at 80k. I'm planning on keeping this car til it won't run any more.

1999 Chrysler cirrus
By rikkia on 03/14/12 08:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I worked all summer to get a car and the 99 Chrysler cirrus was the one i bought. It has been the most reliable car anyone in my family has owned. i get between 25-30 MPG, and i have a slight oil and transmission leak but its no big deal right now. the Cirrus has wonderful handling, and it is definitely built for short people .

Great car the first seven years.
By moparman65 on 02/24/12 23:28 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in January 1999 and have had no major problems with it. Over the years it has given us dependable service with minimum cost. It has lots of spunk and pep and handles well on all roads. A pleasure to drive on the interstate at max speed. Comfortable seating for four. Could have had better cup holders.

Great Buy
By Ernie on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought my LXI in 2003 with 86,000 miles it has 151,000 now and runs great. It has been one of the best cars I ever owned. We like the style. It does not look 11 years old.

Crap Crap Crap
By Leah on 06/22/10 08:07 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I got this car used. It was my parents but then the couldn't stand it anymore so they gave it to me. I have had so many problems. The AC and heating went out and after over $800 spent no one knows why. The transmission crapped out in 2007 and had to be replaced. When it gets hot outside the door panels stick and you can't open the driver's side door. Now the horn goes off whenever I turn the wheel and the only way to fix it is to disconnect it all together. This car has no redeeming qualities. Also, the gas gauge is hardly ever accurate.

loooong term review from original owner
By Steve on 06/14/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new (1999). Still running well 10 years later with just under 77K miles. Only non-routine maintenance need was a glitch with the electronics for the automatic trans at around 30K miles. Trouble-free since. The 2.5 liter V6 engine is a winner - great mid-range torque for highway merging and passing, still gets great fuel economy in mid-20s mpg in mixed highway and city driving. Paint has held up remarkably well. Leather interior has held up well. Sunroof still works great. See no reason I won't be driving it another 2-3 years. If Chrylser had built all their models this well, the company would be in a lot better shape!

been through hell, still kikkin though.
By melbatoba on 05/05/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

my 1999 chrysler cirrus has 175000 mi on it. I love this car. I wish i had another one, with less miles. my sister bought it, traded it to my mom, and then it was given to me. i intend to give her hell until she falls over dead. i love the acceleration and the leather seats are wonderful to.(even though my 135 lb. dog punctured them with his toe nails). When this car goes i want another one just like it.

Reliable
By Grace Whitney on 01/25/09 01:08 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 87000 miles on it. It now has 139000. Replaced fuel pump and ball joints only. Excellent car.

Good overall everyday car
By jiminiowa on 02/18/08 17:27 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Have had this vehicle from dealer, it has been a very good car. It has had the water pump replaced, the transmission gaskets replaced twice but all under warranty. It is now burning some oil but I have 74000 miles on it, we don't drive it very much. After the initial problems worked out it has been reliable. We loved the sportiness of the vehicle, it looks very sharp with the alloy wheels. I would recommend this car to anyone. The cup holders in the back are poorly designed and needs more room in the middle compartment(ours broke). It has a lot of power for a V-6 also which has been nice to have when needed on the highway. Overall a 9.