Used 1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan

LXi 2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Dependable
By ernie28

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2003 with 86,000 miles and drove it to 204,000 very little repairs. I traded it on a 2015 200C and it was still running strong. The best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Style, Roominess, Dependability

Amazing car
By coreyjames

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Got this as my first car. Bought from my uncle who babied it everywhere and kept it maintained. It had 130k when i bought it just over a year ago year ago. Now has 155k and still counting. Replaced struts and ball joints at 140k which is a fairly common repair. One blower motor resistor. Being a 17 year old country boy, i knew my way around a car. I BEAT this car to no end. I chirp the tires about 5 days a week every week. Ive topped it at about 115, feels scary as any sedan should! Ive left massive burnouts and clouds of smoke behind me. My car has been up to the doors in mud. Been thru a foot of water. Jumped a few RR tracks...doesnt skip a beat! Quick acceleration, great handling. LOVE IT

Favorite Features

Durability, handling, power, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Optional 5 spd, Locking diff, AWD

Amazing
By 7hefury

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I got the cirrus as my first car. It is simply amazing, I love the power it has and it looks great. The car has had barely any problems, usually cheap fixes and it has minor rust issues. I got it with about 75000 on it and now its at 80k. I'm planning on keeping this car til it won't run any more.

Favorite Features

The amazing power it has and the design. Can definitely tell it from other cars.

Suggested Improvements

Add some more horsepower.

1999 Chrysler cirrus
By rikkia

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I worked all summer to get a car and the 99 Chrysler cirrus was the one i bought. It has been the most reliable car anyone in my family has owned. i get between 25-30 MPG, and i have a slight oil and transmission leak but its no big deal right now. the Cirrus has wonderful handling, and it is definitely built for short people .

Favorite Features

The handling and the audio are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

the only improvement i could think of is making it harder to speed. i have a lead foot and i sometimes find myself going about 90 MPH

Great car the first seven years.
By moparman65

1999 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in January 1999 and have had no major problems with it. Over the years it has given us dependable service with minimum cost. It has lots of spunk and pep and handles well on all roads. A pleasure to drive on the interstate at max speed. Comfortable seating for four. Could have had better cup holders.

Favorite Features

Nice styling. Good dashboard layout. Good acceleration. Good breaking. Smooth transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat leather started separating at the seams after two years. Did not get any worse after that. Electric windows had problems on both front and back passenger side twice after the fifth year and to the drivers door a year later. Door slides need frequent lubrication. Suspension rubber parts all got dry-rot by 2008 and needed replacing, including mounts for shocks and struts. Plastic over headlights got foggy after four years and has to be retreated every year since. Interior plastic parts started breaking down last year requiring replacement of knobs for AC controls. Motor for front seat only go forward and backward since January 2012. Will not go up or down any more.