1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LXi 2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Cirrusly
By earzy on 02/21/11 15:47 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Car handles well, and seems to hold the road greatly. I never feel like I"m going to go out of control. The gas mileage isn't great considering it's such a small V6. The airy cabin provides a lot of sunlight which can make the a/c work harder in the summer, but helps warm the car in the winter. Plenty of headroom for 6+ footers, and the large bottom seat cushion provides good thigh support not found on most imports. A lot of standard features make you feel like you're in the top of the line Chrysler model, and not the lesser equipped Dodge Stratus/Plymouth Breeze. The engine wants to rev to make it's best power, but doesn't require everything it's got to pass people.

Still running great after 12 years
By Bob on 06/08/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This car runs as good today as it did 12 years ago. I've replaced all the normal things like the timing belt and breaks. My only dislike is the AC! It's never been very cold.

Decent Car
By Karthik on 10/29/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 2004 (had 63 k miles on it) Nice Spacious car, had a good mitsubishi v6 engine, good power and loaded with good features (for 1998). Ran fine till 84 k mile. I had a motor belt replaced at 85 k (65 $) A leak in some engine part ( 200 $ ) Antifreeze leak at 90 k (200$) Fuel Pump replaced @ 103 k ( 500 $ ) Gaskets replaced @ 105 ( 200 $) So good car till say 90 k miles and then it starts showing its age. But performance has never gone down. Still peppy and has lot of power. Is a stable and reasonably reliable car.

Solid Car Until 150k
By Tim Lindfelt on 07/05/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Comfortable car. Feels heavy and bulky on turns, but overall nice drive. DO NOT use dealership for maintenance - not trustworthy. Needed quite a few small repairs (keep in mind i drove it heavily 25k per year): new battery, brakes wear somewhat quickly ignition cylinder replaced, then broke key lock in steering column and had to replace entire column, can move shifter with car off, etc. That said no MAJOR drivetrain repairs, so thats good...until the dreaded 150k...Began to stall and misfire. Had leaky valve cover gasket. Replaced spark plugs, ignition wire, cover gasket - $650. Runs better but still misfires and stalls occasionally so i gave it to charity. Overall happy until 150k

Don't bother
By Liz on 02/21/09 13:11 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Transmission leaks, has sudden stop syndrome which has happened to me on the highway and city. Gets worse when it snows or rains. Not worth the trouble

Great car if you can stand the ride.
By Sam on 12/08/08 06:52 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This is a great looking car, very reliable, fun to drive, easy to maintain and a great car for the money. The downside, it rides like a truck, you feel every bump in the road and you will have to utilize the radio to drown out the wind and road noise. Will I keep the car long term, without question considering the cost of new cars.

Awesome automobile
By JohnnyG on 02/19/08 22:20 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This is easily the best car I have ever owned. It needs less attention to maintanance, repair, and recovery, than most, while providing comfort, styling, and efficiency well above the norm for a car in this price class. Given the chance to purchase this car (newer and more expensive) again, I would not hesitate. P.S. I bought the car w/140000 miles. It's still going strong. It'll probably go another 140000!

Our 98 Cirrus
By Horvath on 10/14/07 19:16 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This car has provided an excellent value. We have never had any problems and in fact we haven't even had to replace the original battery. It has been a pleasure to drive.

not the best
By janelle theme on 11/03/06 11:43 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

there have been repeated problems with it and whenever i take it in to be fixed the mechanics always tell me these cars keep them in business

Oh Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!
By P. T. on 09/12/05 01:06 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

My parents bought it for me used and I have not had any problems. The looks good, drives good, and rides good.