Used 1997 Chrysler Cirrus Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chrysler Cirrus

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:

Chrysler Cirrus
By nelson

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

Has been awesome vehicle for ten years well worth the experience proving depenability and better than expected gas economy. Clean cut with some age spots and slight details to tenfd to mechaniclly. Solid record keeping on meticulous periodics

Gas economy and V6 performance

Engine gaskets and some touchup

Alright so far
By shunt

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car and had to replace the ball joints, and needs brakes. I like the body style and interior. I am concerned with some of the reviews, I have never had a problem with any Chrysler's I have ever owned, hopefully this one won't disappoint me!

Radio, spoiler, comfortable seats!

None

Excellent Car
By Bill

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

205,000 miles and still going strong. The V6 motor has been great. The only above average maintenance item has been brakes.

Performance and handling. A pleasure to drive.

Better headlights.

Missed it by that much
By Ragtop preferred

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

Missed it by ... that much. Too much. In two years, I have had to service the brakes 3 times, replace ignition wires 2 times, and an idle knock has started in the lower end of the motor/tranny at 55,000 miles. Routine service was done. It averages only 18- 19 mpg around town with a 4 cylinder. It looks and handles nice, having lots of creature comforts. Also fast off the line and on the beltway. But, I plan to sell it. I was hoping for more mechanical reliability. I'm looking at Japanese cars now. I won't miss it much.

Comfy interior and attractive rounded exterior lines in the cab forward design. Peepy motor and 4-speed auto.

ABS is first generation. Rear brake hoses defective. Premature auto transmission problem prevalent in those model year(s) Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth products.

Best car for me
By Sherry Long

1997 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

Since I have owned this vehicle I have not had any problems. It is not hard for me to keep the gas tank full and always starts gracefully. It also has enough room for my family to sit very comfortably. Thank you .

Roomy does not burn alot of gas nice interior abd exterior