1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:
Keeps on Tickin'
By raschild on 11/18/09 13:09 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a faithful car for my wife and I. For the first three years of our marriage it was our only vehicle and handles the slopes of PA well. Only problems stem from lack of good maintenance by previous owner. This car uses brakes quickly as well. Otherwise it is running strong at nearly 157,000. Gets great mileage on open road, as high as 35, but normally around 30-31. V6 has just enough power, but is very hard to work on (cramped engine compartment). Good maintenance will keep it running for quite awhile. Great car for its age!

ok car
By red on 03/18/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

First off this car is NOT for some one who wants to do the work themselves. I have had it 10 years and had to have the trans seas repaced and a $1000 sensor. Brakes are bad I would say all in all for a car that is 12 yrs old it has been above average. It still is peppy

great car if u can afford the gas
By andy on 06/14/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I haven't had the car that long and only put maybe 6,000 on it over the last 2-3 months I had it. Not sure because the tack (or whatever the thing that tracks mileage is) doesn't always work. The inside is well designed and roomy. Has cup holder issues. Great stereo, lots of bass for stock. It got me to school everyday and so far to work everyday. Not something you wanna drive from Michigan to Florida because of the gas

Why buy Japanese?
By john herrmann on 11/12/07 06:03 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been in the shop once in 11 years for a minor repair other than normal service. I have consistently gotton 28 to 30 mpg and it handles as well as most sports cars. I have driven everything with 4 to 18 wheels and cannot understand paying 30 to 45 thousand for bells and whistles when this car can still be purchased in the low 20's.

171,000 miles and still going
By Mark in PA on 11/10/07 17:12 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

The car was purchased at 95,000 miles. I knew the person & needed something inexpensive. I you are the kind of person who will do oil changes every 3k-4k, transmission serviced every 30k, do the major overhaul/tune-up at 100,000 and again at 160,000 and not abuse the car over bumps/road, this car will last and last. At 171,000 miles now, its no luxury vehicle compared to what's on the road today but it is cheap to operate and and gets pretty good gas milage for a car built in 1997. If you are thinking of purchasing one with lower miles (if you can find one), I'd only purchase if you can be shown repair records. I figure this car will last till 200,000 miles.

Chrysler Cirrus
By nelson on 10/28/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Has been awesome vehicle for ten years well worth the experience proving depenability and better than expected gas economy. Clean cut with some age spots and slight details to tenfd to mechaniclly. Solid record keeping on meticulous periodics

Alright so far
By shunt on 04/08/07 02:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car and had to replace the ball joints, and needs brakes. I like the body style and interior. I am concerned with some of the reviews, I have never had a problem with any Chrysler's I have ever owned, hopefully this one won't disappoint me!

Excellent Car
By Bill on 03/30/07 18:09 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

205,000 miles and still going strong. The V6 motor has been great. The only above average maintenance item has been brakes.

Missed it by that much
By Ragtop preferred on 09/05/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Missed it by ... that much. Too much. In two years, I have had to service the brakes 3 times, replace ignition wires 2 times, and an idle knock has started in the lower end of the motor/tranny at 55,000 miles. Routine service was done. It averages only 18- 19 mpg around town with a 4 cylinder. It looks and handles nice, having lots of creature comforts. Also fast off the line and on the beltway. But, I plan to sell it. I was hoping for more mechanical reliability. I'm looking at Japanese cars now. I won't miss it much.

Best car for me
By Sherry Long on 08/12/05 16:02 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Since I have owned this vehicle I have not had any problems. It is not hard for me to keep the gas tank full and always starts gracefully. It also has enough room for my family to sit very comfortably. Thank you .