1996 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:
bad problems
By vipcrunked on 01/17/10 10:18 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

their a po300 problem that no one can fix i replaced the following distributor, cap, rotor, egr, vac leaks, spark plug, plug wire, fuel pump, and still says po 300 dealers cant figure it out 6 garges cant figure it out and the funny thing is it run great and always has $2,500 later

Great Car for Value
By Chris Linkenhoker on 12/30/09 19:54 PM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I am the third owner of this vehicle and it has been great from day one. No major problems at all. Great fuel economy, large trunk, and plenty of interior room. A/C still blows ice cold, all power accessories work, and engine/transmission are great. Car has close to 150000 miles on it now and shows no sign of slowing down soon. Loved this car so much I bought an 06 Stratus and have been equally pleased, but still drive the Cirrus for my everyday car and even on long trips.

Love it
By SolBee on 12/28/07 15:12 PM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it is the best car I have ever owned! I love it. I had only minor problems except for rear brake lines bursting once. I also note the air conditioning is getting weak now. I guess it is getting pretty old and I hope my next car will be as good.

Luxury for very little
By ms a on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

The leather interior feels luxurious as do the comfortable seats. Mine is black ext. tan int. and it looks great! I love how it looks ageless. It's 8 yrs old and still fits in with the new crowd. I enjoy having a V6 and would never consider getting anything but. I've had a good time with the car, except for the AC problems. In '03, I had to replace the whole unit for $1200, and now it's broken again. I have had electrical problems also.

1996 Chrysler Cirrus - Dark Rosewood
By heyboys on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

It was my first time "NEW" car purchase. I do not regret the selection at all!

Enough to make me trust Chrysler . . .
By jmmailin on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

After owning a VW Dasher-fun to drive but mechanical disaster; Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt- reliable, great mileage, but small, poor acceleration, I wanted bigger w/a little style & power. Cirrus served well w/6 cyl providing extra power, comfort, surprisingly roomy interior, + decent mileage (26/30). Few probs but all expensive: computer control module, then A/C compressor, then condensor, major brake job, engine mounts went a early at 90000, but little else for 7 yrs. Extended warranty (both dealer & aftermarket) worthwhile. -Pts for hard to reach battery in driver wheel well; +pts for battery lasting 5 yrs in AZ.

A Good Car, But Repairs Costly
By Gene Yetter on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I use my Cirrus both for traveling the Interstates and getting around New York City. It's very maneuverable and reliable. Fun to drive even, especially since I installed Sirius satellite radio. However costs to maintain the car I find are shockingly high. For example, the OEM muffler or catalytic converter each sell for over $300 retail. To replace transmission seals requires the transmission to be dropped, and that can run over $600 at a discount transmission shop.

Terrific car!
By A Brown on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing but good driving from this car. It is zippy and fun, yet roomy enough and with features which allow haulage of larger items. Great!

currently looking
By nice carnot reliable on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought this car after looking at another chrysler LX. We liked the leather and sound better. since the buy, we have had lots of problems. rear tail light quit working due to a corosive electrical plate($50). then the ABS went out($500plus). and now the brakes wont work half the time. when we press the peddle down every once in a while it just wont move. very dangerous! no one can figure it out without ripping into it deep and charging an arm and a 2 legs. very unsatisfied.

Love This Car!
By Cirrusly Tuned on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Cirrus used in 1998 with 50K on the odometer and haven't had a problem with her since. I have done all my own maintenance on the vehicle even though I am a layman when it comes to car repair. I have found quite a few aftermarket parts available and I have spent a little time at the track. The ride quality is good and the engine is peppy. A big bonus is the ability to carry 5 full size adults.