Used 1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:

Will never own again
By lexie

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on a whim, because I was pregnant, and the car had just gotten a new engine, so I figured it would run great. I was VERY wrong. I've put nothing but money in this car, and it is still very unreliable. It scares me to have my daughter in it, because it does what it wants when it wants, aka it dies all the time. my heater and the odometer do not work, I have to put a tie rod end in it, i've replaced numerous amounts of sensors. The speakers don't work well either. Also the computer is going out. This car has been nothing but a nightmare, and of course no one wants it, so I'm stuck with it. I personally will never own one again.

seats, and folding back seat

everything. I think the entire car could be redone, and thought out a lot better. And I work in a dealership, so I would know. Should have done my research first.

Pretty Junk
By Tracy

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I would love to tell you about my driving experience but the car is always broke down. I see why Chrysler is bankrupt. Their cars spend more time with the mechanic than the owner.

I wish I could think of one.

Take a lesson from Honda and Toyota. Learn to build a more reliable car instead of a prettier one.

Turned me off chrysler forever
By Cheryl

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

AC works when it wants to, no problem can be found; horrible de-fogger; plastic around outside of windows shrunk and split then came off within a year after I bought the car; AC plastic control knobs cracked and came off; for a while when I stepped on the brakes the radio quit; front left sway bar joint needs replacing every couple of years since it can't be lubed; rear right break cyl. has broken twice; silver off of door strips by 1999, very poor acceleration. Overall a lousy car, and a good reason to avoid chrysler in the future. And they wonder why we don't buy American car brands.

Reliable engine

Everything else. Quality of materials and workmanship.

Disappointing: Too Many Repairs
By Anne from Ohio

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Cirrus new. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles and was religious about routine maintenance. It was a good car for the first 7 years. But then it all went down hill. It has been in the shop so often that I finally had to get rid of it so that I could get something reliable. Now the distributor needs to be replaced at only 86,500 miles! Several other things are also wrong, including a window motor and the A/C condensor. A new car payment will cost less than maintaining this disappointing vehicle.

Comfortable seats. Lots of storage.

Better engineering under the hood.

Not very dependable
By David Ulvestad

1995 Chrysler Cirrus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a Cirrus when I came back from a year in England and at first was very excited about it. I was stepping up to a V-6 for the first time and the car had decent features. However I soon quickly learned that it was more than I bargained for. Even though it was Motor Trends Car of the Year in 95 (I still have the sticker in my window) it has had repeated problems. Transmission, lower ball joint, poor winter traction (w/new tires), A/C never works ($900 to fix), collant pump problems, dashboard lights burn out, etc. If the car is running properly, it is a great ride and fun to drive w/ the suspension it has but I to have had it behind a tow truck too many times.

Heated side mirrors when rear-defrost is on. Lumbar for the driver. Looks sharp, suspension is great.

To remove the battery, you have to remove a tire! My car has a child safety seat built into the back which makes does not allow the rear seats to be folded down making fitting my skies in the car a challenge. Trunk is rather small. Spare tire is donut.