1995 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cirrus model:
Will never own again
By lexie on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on a whim, because I was pregnant, and the car had just gotten a new engine, so I figured it would run great. I was VERY wrong. I've put nothing but money in this car, and it is still very unreliable. It scares me to have my daughter in it, because it does what it wants when it wants, aka it dies all the time. my heater and the odometer do not work, I have to put a tie rod end in it, i've replaced numerous amounts of sensors. The speakers don't work well either. Also the computer is going out. This car has been nothing but a nightmare, and of course no one wants it, so I'm stuck with it. I personally will never own one again.

Pretty Junk
By Tracy on 06/15/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I would love to tell you about my driving experience but the car is always broke down. I see why Chrysler is bankrupt. Their cars spend more time with the mechanic than the owner.

Turned me off chrysler forever
By Cheryl on 06/02/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

AC works when it wants to, no problem can be found; horrible de-fogger; plastic around outside of windows shrunk and split then came off within a year after I bought the car; AC plastic control knobs cracked and came off; for a while when I stepped on the brakes the radio quit; front left sway bar joint needs replacing every couple of years since it can't be lubed; rear right break cyl. has broken twice; silver off of door strips by 1999, very poor acceleration. Overall a lousy car, and a good reason to avoid chrysler in the future. And they wonder why we don't buy American car brands.

Disappointing: Too Many Repairs
By Anne from Ohio on 06/30/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Cirrus new. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles and was religious about routine maintenance. It was a good car for the first 7 years. But then it all went down hill. It has been in the shop so often that I finally had to get rid of it so that I could get something reliable. Now the distributor needs to be replaced at only 86,500 miles! Several other things are also wrong, including a window motor and the A/C condensor. A new car payment will cost less than maintaining this disappointing vehicle.

Not very dependable
By David Ulvestad on 06/20/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a Cirrus when I came back from a year in England and at first was very excited about it. I was stepping up to a V-6 for the first time and the car had decent features. However I soon quickly learned that it was more than I bargained for. Even though it was Motor Trends Car of the Year in 95 (I still have the sticker in my window) it has had repeated problems. Transmission, lower ball joint, poor winter traction (w/new tires), A/C never works ($900 to fix), collant pump problems, dashboard lights burn out, etc. If the car is running properly, it is a great ride and fun to drive w/ the suspension it has but I to have had it behind a tow truck too many times.

Disappointing: Too Many Repairs
By Ann on 06/17/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I took good care of my car. Oil changes every 3000 miles, etc. Even though I only had 86,500 miles on this 10 year old vehicle, I did its 90,000 maintenance 2 months ago. And it croaked on the side of the road this week. It needs another $1200 to replace the distributor! The back window no longer works and I figure the exhaust system will need to be replaced soon. Forget it. I'm tired of keeping the car repair companies in business.

great affordable car
By Erica Roberts on 02/01/05 12:18 PM (PST)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

i would have to say this car has been great for me my parents bought me my first starter car and it has gotten me everywhere with great gas mileage and no break downs so far (knock on wood)

Run ... run fast from this cloud car
By Mike835 on 01/07/05 19:37 PM (PST)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

The Cirrus is a fine looking automobile. And that is the last good thing I can say about the car. I have owned this particular car for less than 6 years and it has seen the back of a tow truck about 7 times. A few years ago the starter quit and 2 weeks later the transmission needed replacement. Two weeks after that the front ball joint assembly had to be replaced. Other replacenments were water pump, power steering lines, tie rod ends, exhaust system, electronic spark distribution system, spark plugs, AC components, blower motor control resistor element, timming belt, rear defogger control module, and even the gas tank filler spout. The ABS system packed it in as well.

My green money pit!!!
By atms27 on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle used at 84,000 miles in 2002. Things that went out in less than 2 year time period: power steering pump, alternator, starter (x2), radio stopped working, tape player stopped working, it leaked coolant, (I would have to add it once a month at least. Once at 100,000 miles and again at 120,000 miles, there transmission problems. It barely made it to the dealership to be traded in at 120,000 miles only to find out that it was worth almost nothing because the lit numbers for the odometer reading only lit up 20% of the time. It's a good thing I had tripple a! I used it often!!!!

Dependable
By mspear on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and beside the usual recalls (on new models), I have not had any major problems. Through the years, it has done great on snow and ice, and wet driving. I think this car is comfortable to drive, but my husband doesn't agree. The car is better suited for an average women or small man. My husband feels crowded in the car and my dad cannot even get in the car. If my car didn't have so many miles on it (I put 40 miles on per day, approx.)I would keep it, but it's getting time to think of replacing. I would recommend this car to anyone, as long as you take care of it.