2009 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:
Lemon!!
By jweb909 on 08/08/14 14:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Bought my aspen hybrid used (2nd owner) in end of 2013. Drove it for less than 1000 miles and it started draining the batteries when it was parked. Been in the shop for over 80+++ days and chrysler refuses to take responsibility and own up to its flaws and buy me out of it. Tried over and over to get it repaired and finally the dealership may have the right part to fix the problem. Really stinks that they only made a handful of these cars, beautiful and very fast, but when they break down no one knows how to fix it. ARRRRgggh! I would never have bought it if I knew how expensive it was to repair it. Lemon car for sure in my book. Anyone else have issues that cost them thousands $$?

VCT Hemi Aspen. 376hp/401tq. AWD
By car_enthusiast on 03/29/13 12:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Edmunds should have the option of selecting the vct hemi aspen in the menu. The vct stands for variable cam timing. This SUV is fast, especially in cooler temps and is a huge improvement over the first generation hemi. It's an excellent SUV: it's safe, the interior layout is perfect, the steering is light but feels great, it's quiet when you're cruising but really roars when you give it a few or more rpms. MPG can be good when you're cruising at highway speeds but watch out for stop and go traffic - then it's a different story altogether. Reliability has been great so far. Also, these are incredibly rare to see. A complaint I have is that there is not a single hemi badge on the suv!!

Love My Aspen
By revbc on 10/13/11 18:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I looked at alot of suv and bought a '09 Aspen and I love it. It runs wonderfully, and its fun to drive. I'm 6'4" tall and it is very comfortable. I don't know why Chrysler stop making them. I don't care what Edmunds says this is a great SUV. I know the gas mileage is average, but it is a truck.

The Beast
By rock47 on 07/27/11 15:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned an Aspen for 4 years now and it's been nothing but the best for me. I think the middle row has plenty of room and the seats lay back giving you more room. The third row is a little snug but don't anyone sit back there but the kids. I don't know what Aspen anyone else is driving but my Aspen rides smooth!. If I had to say anything bad about it I would say the price of the Aspen is a little steep! and the gas mileage could be a little better. The other sad part about it is they don't make it anymore and I don't wont to go back to a car.

Mileage is Terrible
By gomer99 on 07/01/11 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Just traded my 2008 Silverado pickup for a more elegant puller for my travel trailer. Big mistake! The Aspen is, indeed, elegant, with all the bells and whistles. And, with a tow rating of 8900 lbs, it outpulls my truck -- and any Suburban or Expedition on the road, BUT: Mileage empty tops out at 12.5, feather-footing on country roads, and was 7.7 for towing the trailer. Looks good, but will be dumped for a diesel next week.

Happy Camper
By GREAT VEHICLE on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This vehicle has so many options that others in this price range don't. I looked at so many trucks & SUVs and am so glad I purchased this one. It can be a lady with it's cool vanilla color or powerful machine with an engine that doesn't back down!

Aspen Limited HEV Excellent so far
By tpedwards on 04/28/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I wanted to replace my 2005 Durango Limited with another exactly the same. Problem is, they are no longer made. After looking at Jeep Commander (ugly), Ford Explorer (too small), Ford Expedition (too big), Chevy Tahoe (rear not flat), Toyota Sequoia (too expensive) I finally decided to try to find a used Durango or Aspen. I found an Aspen HEV for a reasonable price. I drove from Battle Creek, MI to Indianapolis, IN spent the weekend then on to Bowling Green, KY and finally had to refuel. 553 miles of mixed highway and city on one tank! I love this SUV, but I have to imagine that Chrysler discontinued due to sluggish sales and expensive to build.

I know why they really quit making these
By Travis on 01/13/10 09:38 AM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have only put on 2000 miles on this and its been to the shop twice. And still has problems. Won't start all the time. Engine light is one, sometimes flashes (that means there is something seriously wrong and not to drive it). The ignition light flashes, going back to the shop tomorrow. Only goes 35 mph right now. My navigation system is broken again. It lasted two days. The dealership says there is nothing wrong. But then I get it and it wont start. There is not much leg room in the second row. No cargo space. If you travel you need a luggage carrier. If it didn'e keep breaking down I would love it, but there is always something wrong. I only have 2000 miles on it.

Nice Vehicle
By Nice Vehicle on 12/29/09 17:13 PM (PST)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the dealer demo in Jan. 09 and received an AMAZING deal for what we got. I love all the neat accessories like remote start, heated seats, anti roll, and all those other features you don't even know you have. Have had some issues with the roof racks warping and wind noise. Took to the dealership and they did not take care of issue. Thankfully there is another dealership in the area we can take it for service. We just had a blizzard and the car did EXCELLENT on the snow and ice.

Nice Car Poor Reliability
By Ken on 10/20/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased the Aspen HEV in Feb. 2009. I love the car as far as looks and comfort. I meet all my needs. But since I purchased the car it has been in the repair shop 5 times. for a total of 37 days down time. Part of the problem is only quailified trained mechanic's can work on the car. My dealership has one, so if it is his day off we are out of luck. We have had trouble with check engine light, transfer case, leaking sunroof, computer control module, catalic conveter,paint peeling and now it has been in the shop for 12 days and I still don't have it, because it needs a starter battery. The battery has been on back order since October 12, 2009. I love this car, but it is a lemon

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chrysler Aspen in VA is:

$151 per month*