Used 2009 Chrysler Aspen Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

So far a great investment!
By cappecan

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased my 2009 Aspen hybrid used with 76K. I've owned it now for around 4 months, and have put 14K on it that short time. In this tine, my Aspen has been an absolute dream to drive and own. Most people who see the hybrid badging ask to see under the hood and are rather shocked when you cruise around on electric power alone. I've had no issues thus far aside from routine oil changes and tire rotations. It snows often where I live, and the AWD system handles wonderfully in the slippery slush.

The Aspen HEV comes fully loaded and includes every feature you could want in a luxury SUV. I was fortunate in my find because my Aspen has the optional "J" package which includes a few extra bonuses such as sun roof, rear heated seats ext... having a tow package is great, as well as the grippy AWD system. Bluetooth is awesome, as well as Sirius sat NAV and TV. The hybrid technology for the time the Aspen was released is rather impressive. Being able to propel a 6,000lb SUV on electric power alone is quite a milestone crossed if you ask me.

The build quality could be better. The styling is too much like the Aspen's counterpart, the Durango hybrid. They look much too similar. It seems Chrysler slapped the Durango and Aspen hybrid into production ASAP to please the market for a hybrid SUV at the time. I've had to glue back on some of the chrome trim here and there, which I guess you have to expect on a 6yr old vehicle. All in all, a great reliable purchase. I would buy another one. Kudos to Chrysler.

Lemon!!
By jweb909

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Bought my aspen hybrid used (2nd owner) in end of 2013. Drove it for less than 1000 miles and it started draining the batteries when it was parked. Been in the shop for over 80+++ days and chrysler refuses to take responsibility and own up to its flaws and buy me out of it. Tried over and over to get it repaired and finally the dealership may have the right part to fix the problem. Really stinks that they only made a handful of these cars, beautiful and very fast, but when they break down no one knows how to fix it. ARRRRgggh! I would never have bought it if I knew how expensive it was to repair it. Lemon car for sure in my book. Anyone else have issues that cost them thousands $$?

Rides beautifully, looks super clean too!!

Chrysler own up to their flaws in this vehicle for starters!!

VCT Hemi Aspen. 376hp/401tq. AWD
By car_enthusiast

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Edmunds should have the option of selecting the vct hemi aspen in the menu. The vct stands for variable cam timing. This SUV is fast, especially in cooler temps and is a huge improvement over the first generation hemi. It's an excellent SUV: it's safe, the interior layout is perfect, the steering is light but feels great, it's quiet when you're cruising but really roars when you give it a few or more rpms. MPG can be good when you're cruising at highway speeds but watch out for stop and go traffic - then it's a different story altogether. Reliability has been great so far. Also, these are incredibly rare to see. A complaint I have is that there is not a single hemi badge on the suv!!

Sport sedan acceleration, sound of the hemi, the traditional suv looks, the great feeling knowing you're one of the very few people driving these anywhere.

Love My Aspen
By revbc

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I looked at alot of suv and bought a '09 Aspen and I love it. It runs wonderfully, and its fun to drive. I'm 6'4" tall and it is very comfortable. I don't know why Chrysler stop making them. I don't care what Edmunds says this is a great SUV. I know the gas mileage is average, but it is a truck.

The Beast
By rock47

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned an Aspen for 4 years now and it's been nothing but the best for me. I think the middle row has plenty of room and the seats lay back giving you more room. The third row is a little snug but don't anyone sit back there but the kids. I don't know what Aspen anyone else is driving but my Aspen rides smooth!. If I had to say anything bad about it I would say the price of the Aspen is a little steep! and the gas mileage could be a little better. The other sad part about it is they don't make it anymore and I don't wont to go back to a car.

My favorite features of the Aspen is the touch screen radio and the rear cam and I also like the running boards on the truck.

I think the should bring the Aspen back at the same size and make the gas mileage better on it. I know we are trying to make the cars and trucks smaller to have better gas mileage but some people are bigger then others and cant fit in little cars and trucks. I'm a big guy not fat guy!!