Used 2009 Chrysler Aspen Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

Loves the SUV. But....
By Fiona

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the car 4 days and took it to Tampa Florida and only got 100 miles when my whole car cut off..scared me to death...I don't know what happened. pulled over turned it off and it seems to be OK so far. Has this happened to anyone else.please someone help me.

Best body on frame SUV for the money
By Shandor Weiss

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 09 Aspen with the 5.7L gas hemi engine. AWD, J package, 20" wheels. It's beautiful to look at, to sit in and to drive. Bought it used with 72K miles. This is a real SUV although it looks like a luxury car. I live in the mountains of Oregon down a long winding gravel road, and have to go over a 4300 foot pass on I-5. It handles like a dream, especially after getting new and better shocks and tires. The hemi has awesome power, even carrying a heavy load and going up a 6% grade it can accelerate like a sports car to pass trucks. Smooth, comfortable handling. The firm heated seats are great on my injured back, as is the remotely operated rear lift gate. I've had many other SUVs, from Subarus to the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer to a 99 Durango with the 5.7L hemi. The Aspen is far better than all of them. I need to tow a horse trailer and it has more towing capacity than bigger SUVs that cost a lot more. It is almost perfect, I just wish they still made them.

So far a great investment!
By cappecan

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased my 2009 Aspen hybrid used with 76K. I've owned it now for around 4 months, and have put 14K on it that short time. In this tine, my Aspen has been an absolute dream to drive and own. Most people who see the hybrid badging ask to see under the hood and are rather shocked when you cruise around on electric power alone. I've had no issues thus far aside from routine oil changes and tire rotations. It snows often where I live, and the AWD system handles wonderfully in the slippery slush.

The Aspen HEV comes fully loaded and includes every feature you could want in a luxury SUV. I was fortunate in my find because my Aspen has the optional "J" package which includes a few extra bonuses such as sun roof, rear heated seats ext... having a tow package is great, as well as the grippy AWD system. Bluetooth is awesome, as well as Sirius sat NAV and TV. The hybrid technology for the time the Aspen was released is rather impressive. Being able to propel a 6,000lb SUV on electric power alone is quite a milestone crossed if you ask me.

The build quality could be better. The styling is too much like the Aspen's counterpart, the Durango hybrid. They look much too similar. It seems Chrysler slapped the Durango and Aspen hybrid into production ASAP to please the market for a hybrid SUV at the time. I've had to glue back on some of the chrome trim here and there, which I guess you have to expect on a 6yr old vehicle. All in all, a great reliable purchase. I would buy another one. Kudos to Chrysler.

Lemon!!
By jweb909

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Bought my aspen hybrid used (2nd owner) in end of 2013. Drove it for less than 1000 miles and it started draining the batteries when it was parked. Been in the shop for over 80+++ days and chrysler refuses to take responsibility and own up to its flaws and buy me out of it. Tried over and over to get it repaired and finally the dealership may have the right part to fix the problem. Really stinks that they only made a handful of these cars, beautiful and very fast, but when they break down no one knows how to fix it. ARRRRgggh! I would never have bought it if I knew how expensive it was to repair it. Lemon car for sure in my book. Anyone else have issues that cost them thousands $$?

Rides beautifully, looks super clean too!!

Chrysler own up to their flaws in this vehicle for starters!!

VCT Hemi Aspen. 376hp/401tq. AWD
By car_enthusiast

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Edmunds should have the option of selecting the vct hemi aspen in the menu. The vct stands for variable cam timing. This SUV is fast, especially in cooler temps and is a huge improvement over the first generation hemi. It's an excellent SUV: it's safe, the interior layout is perfect, the steering is light but feels great, it's quiet when you're cruising but really roars when you give it a few or more rpms. MPG can be good when you're cruising at highway speeds but watch out for stop and go traffic - then it's a different story altogether. Reliability has been great so far. Also, these are incredibly rare to see. A complaint I have is that there is not a single hemi badge on the suv!!

Sport sedan acceleration, sound of the hemi, the traditional suv looks, the great feeling knowing you're one of the very few people driving these anywhere.

• SUV