Used 2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

Completely Fantastic SUV-already own 3!
By Jim Chalon

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my first Aspen in 2008 brand new. So far I've driven it 40k and it has NEVER had any problems of any kind! After owning it for 2 years I bought 2 more. The ride is extremely quiet and smooth and seats are comfortable. Leather interior is VERY high quality. Gas mileage is great at 22 mpg on the highway. This vehicle does VERY, VERY well on snow and ice. I tow a large boat and haul 6-7 adults with it regularly. Handling is SUPERB! When I found out they were going to be discontinued, I bought 2 more. All 3 have never had any problems. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, large, high quality, luxury SUV.

Exterior styling, towing capabilities, SUPERB traction and handling, AMAZING air conditioner and heater, smooth quiet ride, the list could go on indefinitely..

no suggestions!

mom
By mom

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the size, appearance, and all the bells and whistles. Very cool to have an A/C power outlet in it as well.

Again, perfect size for family w/dogs and hauling items. There are so many conveniences that it's like a house on wheels.

I "skate" across the road over bumps and turns. It feels very unsafe because I've almost skated into oncoming traffic. A mechanic told me that Chrysler installed shocks that are too small for this vehicle. I'm shocked they haven't been recalled for this hazard. Gas mileage is bad, engine light too.

Fantastic SUV!
By IOJ

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and I have to say that is CERTAINLY the best SUV we have ever had! We have had Durangos in the past-- although nice they do not compare to the Aspen--especially in looks! The Aspen's ride is incredibly smooth! These vehicles do EXTREMELY well on snow and ice! We put 37K miles on our Aspen, and it has never had 1 problem of any kind. We have had Nissan Armadas in the past which only get 16- 17mpg on the highway whereas the Aspen gets 20 mpg. With the towing capacity and luxury you get for such a low price, I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a completely reliable, luxurious, and high quality SUV for a reasonable price.

premium ride, excellent traction--due to the electronic stability and traction control, beautiful styling, comfortable seats, superb handling, and easy-to-turn steering wheel are among the many amazing features this fantastic SUV has.

Nothing!

Never Again
By me

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We traded in a Jeep Liberty for this Aspen and it is great as long as you do not hit any bumps. It has been in the shop 4 times for the same issue. It totally loses control going over bumps in the road. Barely missed a person on the sidewalk due to the vehicle bouncing so badly after hitting a manhole cover in the road. Going to have all the shocks replaced tomorrow (AGAIN) to see if it resolves the issue.

The stereo system and the heated seats.

A little more leg room in the 2nd row. My kids are very tall and they already are scrunched.

Not a bad truck just needs better gas mileage
By its ok

2008 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Eats up gas. Bad shakes at about 68 to 75. Some come with no foot boards.