2008 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:
Completely Fantastic SUV-already own 3!
By Jim Chalon on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my first Aspen in 2008 brand new. So far I've driven it 40k and it has NEVER had any problems of any kind! After owning it for 2 years I bought 2 more. The ride is extremely quiet and smooth and seats are comfortable. Leather interior is VERY high quality. Gas mileage is great at 22 mpg on the highway. This vehicle does VERY, VERY well on snow and ice. I tow a large boat and haul 6-7 adults with it regularly. Handling is SUPERB! When I found out they were going to be discontinued, I bought 2 more. All 3 have never had any problems. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, large, high quality, luxury SUV.

Fantastic SUV!
By IOJ on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and I have to say that is CERTAINLY the best SUV we have ever had! We have had Durangos in the past-- although nice they do not compare to the Aspen--especially in looks! The Aspen's ride is incredibly smooth! These vehicles do EXTREMELY well on snow and ice! We put 37K miles on our Aspen, and it has never had 1 problem of any kind. We have had Nissan Armadas in the past which only get 16- 17mpg on the highway whereas the Aspen gets 20 mpg. With the towing capacity and luxury you get for such a low price, I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a completely reliable, luxurious, and high quality SUV for a reasonable price.

mom
By mom on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the size, appearance, and all the bells and whistles. Very cool to have an A/C power outlet in it as well.

Never Again
By me on 06/07/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We traded in a Jeep Liberty for this Aspen and it is great as long as you do not hit any bumps. It has been in the shop 4 times for the same issue. It totally loses control going over bumps in the road. Barely missed a person on the sidewalk due to the vehicle bouncing so badly after hitting a manhole cover in the road. Going to have all the shocks replaced tomorrow (AGAIN) to see if it resolves the issue.

Not a bad truck just needs better gas mileage
By its ok on 04/07/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Eats up gas. Bad shakes at about 68 to 75. Some come with no foot boards.

Good for the money
By Louie on 03/09/10 14:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Aspen used with the 4.7 liter engine and so far has been impressed with the vehicle. The only problem we had is with the door panels leather coming unglued but they were replaced under the warranty. On a trip from Louisiana to Connecticut we Average 24 miles a gallon at 70 with 5 grown ups and luggage, that was very impressive. It was the best price vehicle in its class ,the third row seat can fit grown persons for long trips and the vehicle itself it not overly huge. Mechanically so far has been solid no problems.

Nice to look at, frustrating to drive
By Unhappy customer on 01/11/10 05:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 brand new after trading in my 2001 Dodge Durango, which was bought new. I was told the Aspen was a step up. WRONG. At 22k miles it started making this loud churning/humming noise. Dealer made me buy new tires. Didn't resolve the issue. They have replaced everything that rotates and spins from drive shaft, trainy, front end, rear end .. now the steering wheel vibrates. I have never had as many issues with a vehicle than I have with this. My Durango was in the shop once for a recall. I wish I had that SUV back!

Excellent Value
By RJS on 08/20/09 00:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Aspen is a very smooth ride and very quite. This makes listening to the Sirius Satellite Radio even more enjoyable! To me the interior is more like a high end SUV. The plastic on the outside however gives this away. I am very happy and do not agree with the editorial. The second seat leg room is fair but the fold down seats in second roll makes more third row leg room.

Super Vehicle
By popsicle on 06/07/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far, so good. This is an incredible SUV. It has everything and more that we were looking for in an SUV. It is roomier, and the best ride available. It was very reasonably priced and we loved it from the minute we looked at it. It drove and rode so much smoother than any of the other SUV's we test drove, that we just kept going back to it. This one is totally loaded with all of the extra features - I know I will love it!!

Aspen Worth the Money
By MarkE on 05/04/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

In preparation for the birth of our first child, we researched every make and model possible to best fit our key needs. The Aspen gave the best ride and overall cost-effective features of any large SUV under $40k. A comparably equipped Tahoe or Expedition would have been thousands more. With a little over a year and 12k miles into the purchase, I have no regrets and would buy one again.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.