Used 2008 Chrysler Aspen Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

8 years, 85k miles, 0 problems
By Greg

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After eight years and 85k miles, I've not had a single problem with my Aspen. It has not a squeak or rattle, and the engine still runs without a trace of vibration. The interior still cleans up like new after detailing even after eight years of kid/dog abuse. Our dog goes on the leather seats a lot and her nails haven't so much as scratched the leather. My factory brake pads lasted past 60k miles. The 5.7 Hemi doesn't exactly sip fuel, but it sure does tow when needed. Other than seeing the trailer in the rear view mirror, I can hardly tell I'm towing at all. Off road handling has been good on mountain dirt roads and beach sands.

Other than scheduled maintenance and battery changes, I've not had to shell out a dime's worth of maintenance for the Aspen. AC is still as strong as ever; no seals, gaskets, belts or hoses have needed replacing; no degradation from wear and tear yet other than cosmetic items. As the original owner with a lifetime power train warranty, I don't see much incentive to replace the Aspen any time soon.

Knockoff of a Mercedes-Benz ML Class
By Chrysler is the Wal-Mart of Mercedes Benz

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My dad drives this car. He's had it since I was in the second grade. This car has had its ups and downs. It has a great radio. The wood is beautiful to look at. The suspension is buoyant. With interior quality, DiamlerChrysler cut corners. It feels like a cheapened Mercedes-Benz ML Class. If you want a family SUV, there are better choices out there for much less.
Examples:
Honda Pilot
Toyota Highlander
Ford Flex
Mazda CX9

Completely Fantastic SUV-already own 3!
By Jim Chalon

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my first Aspen in 2008 brand new. So far I've driven it 40k and it has NEVER had any problems of any kind! After owning it for 2 years I bought 2 more. The ride is extremely quiet and smooth and seats are comfortable. Leather interior is VERY high quality. Gas mileage is great at 22 mpg on the highway. This vehicle does VERY, VERY well on snow and ice. I tow a large boat and haul 6-7 adults with it regularly. Handling is SUPERB! When I found out they were going to be discontinued, I bought 2 more. All 3 have never had any problems. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, large, high quality, luxury SUV.

Exterior styling, towing capabilities, SUPERB traction and handling, AMAZING air conditioner and heater, smooth quiet ride, the list could go on indefinitely..

no suggestions!

Fantastic SUV!
By IOJ

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and I have to say that is CERTAINLY the best SUV we have ever had! We have had Durangos in the past-- although nice they do not compare to the Aspen--especially in looks! The Aspen's ride is incredibly smooth! These vehicles do EXTREMELY well on snow and ice! We put 37K miles on our Aspen, and it has never had 1 problem of any kind. We have had Nissan Armadas in the past which only get 16- 17mpg on the highway whereas the Aspen gets 20 mpg. With the towing capacity and luxury you get for such a low price, I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a completely reliable, luxurious, and high quality SUV for a reasonable price.

premium ride, excellent traction--due to the electronic stability and traction control, beautiful styling, comfortable seats, superb handling, and easy-to-turn steering wheel are among the many amazing features this fantastic SUV has.

Nothing!

mom
By mom

2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the size, appearance, and all the bells and whistles. Very cool to have an A/C power outlet in it as well.

Again, perfect size for family w/dogs and hauling items. There are so many conveniences that it's like a house on wheels.

I "skate" across the road over bumps and turns. It feels very unsafe because I've almost skated into oncoming traffic. A mechanic told me that Chrysler installed shocks that are too small for this vehicle. I'm shocked they haven't been recalled for this hazard. Gas mileage is bad, engine light too.