Eat your heart out, Escalade owners
By majoroz on
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
The box didn't offer me what I have: Limited Hemi with all the bells and whistles except the kiddy TV. Bought it to tow a travel trailer. Had no idea how luxurious it was. Have been in Escalades, Tahoes, Burbs, etc.....this one has them all beat and costs WAAAAY less. I get 20-23 on the highway, empty, and got an honest, pen and paper, 12 at 9000 ft, towing a 7400 lb. travel trailer. Quiet, smooth, with all-weather confidence, and did I mention towing ability ? When my mechanic checked it out before purchase, he was amazed at the structural integrity: "You will win any collision".
Favorite Features
1. Height above the ground -- see everything. 2. Mileage for this huge beast. BUT....you must ensure that the second set of plugs is changed by 30K miles to GET this decent mileage. 3. Towing capacity. Passed a number of turbo diesels going up the Rocky's, while pulling my trailer. 4. Creature comforts and the fact that all "windows" -- radio, heat, dash, are configured for as little reflection as possible. 5. Fingertip controls for the sound system. Unlike everyone else, they are UNDER the steering wheel, where fingers are DUH ! Great idea. (my other Chrysler is the same)
Suggested Improvements
1. HUGE IRRITATION: When in cruise control, it wants to downshift going down a hill. HORRIBLE. There HAS to be a way to diddle the computer to do away with this. 2. You can see the status readouts OR the temp, but not both. GM has got it all over Chrysler in this area. 3. LOUSY, non-transferable warranty. Get your own.
By saldad
on 10/18/12 19:33 PM (PDT)

I also just bought a limited 2007 5.7 Hemi. My question to you is when your driving and going up your drive way or turning unto a hill does your car wobble? I had a Nissan Armada and never felt such a wobble. I had carmax check the suspension and they said everything was fine and that the wobble is normal. Please if you can let me know that would be great. Thank you