Used 2007 Chrysler Aspen Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Aspen

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

After one year its still a lot of fun
By Lorne

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow, I am still having fun driving this beast after one year. I own a 5.7 hemi limited all equipped except for the NAV. I believed that all reviews are pretty accurate. However, I will comment on Canadian winter driving with lot of snows, freezing rains, icy conditions the driving is OK with the 20' tires but would strongly recommend winter tires but hard to find. This is my 1st year with winter tires and nothing can stop me. The 4 wheel drives is extremely precise and can not feel anything when all wheels are slipping. My wife, kids and I feel extremely safe in the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Style, interior design, seats, engine powers, roomness.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage consumption, rear cargo cover,

Better than most thought
By Lee

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

To set the record straight, I own a 5.7 HEMI Limited. I've driven most all the SUV's in its class and this one feels the lightest due to its power. The fit-and-finish comments I am reading just aren't true; the Chrysler interioir is on par with what you will find on the market. The fold-up second row seats are the easiest to use for my small wife.....use one hand and 2 clicks. My Jeep Commander, in contrast, is much harder. Styling is hit or miss but everyone looks at it and asks us about it because they have never seen one before and they all comment on how pretty it is. Bottomline is that it hauls, hauls all 4 of my daughters, wife loves the bells/whistles.....great buy!

Favorite Features

I love the HEMI most and I think the wife loves the ease of use of the second row pop-up seats and the hands free back door opener. My 7 year old, 45 pound daughter can pop the seat up and climb in the rear on her own.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a darker interior offered. A black interior w/ med. grey inserts. I also would have liked to have HID options.

Sweet
By jason

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just bought the Aspen. This thing rocks. We got the HEMI, DVD, NAV, leather heated seats and so on. We bought this as a lease return and noticed the fuel is a little poor, but it is a big suv with lots of power. Everyone who has seen it has loved the interior and the exterior as well. Mention it has a HEMI and they say wow. The gas mileage is about 16 mpg in rush hour traffic, not to bad.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, Nav, DVD (for the kids) 3rd row seats, plenty of power and lots of towing capability 8900lbs. Saturn only pulls 4500lbs. my jeep liberty tows more than that. pretty sad for saturn to be in the big SUV catagory towing that little.

Suggested Improvements

Get better gas mileage. Put in HID head lights and fog lights. Put bigger mirrors that fold out for towing, like the dodge ram trucks.

So far so Good
By WWooten

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is the bomb. I get compliment after compliment on it. It's loaded and I feel rich driving it. It came with a lifetime powertrain warranty, however, I purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty which is lifetime as well. Yes, I said lifetime bumber to bumper. What can I say, I have had past problems with American made vehicles. Although, I doubt it will give me as many problems as my Chevy Trailblazer and Buick Rendezvous. That Hemi just hums. You will be noticed and you can't beat the price-period.

Favorite Features

The interior is as great as the exterior. Many, Many options with a great price.

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel cruise buttons need to light up. Currently, they just have feeler bumps.

Chrysler has a head-turning hit
By aspenlover

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Hemi (1st was Dodge RAM truck which I also loved) and my 1st SUV. The Aspen is a total headturner. I constantly get asked about it. Love the ride and the J package rocks with the black metallic paint and leather interior. My husband can't stop raving about how comfortable the vehicle is and he does a lot of driving. Although he has to ask permission to drive my Aspen! Ordered all the options except DVD entertainment pkg. LED interior lights are great also.

Favorite Features

Hemi engine, roomy interior, UConnect, satellite radio, nav system, leather seats, interior lighting, power lift gate, backup sensors make parking a breeze.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage, less body roll. Brake pedal is a little soft. Rear cargo compartment is pretty shallow.