Used 2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

Last Chrysler I buy -- do NOT buy a ASPEN
By colleen

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Doors rust through because of paint error -
when you hit a bump in the road the car jerks -You must be prepared -- I have also bought new rims and tires
Window is stuck in the down position - figuring out why
Electronics in the SUV are a nightmare- short in head light wire
all dash lights are on
gate lift quit working
back up assist was the first thing to quit working
dual temp controls - down always change to both cold or both hot - 1 side stays hot then the other side can go cold - when you are trying to get both hot or both cold
back temp is always cold no matter the temp
can not change the digital clock unless you have bought the updated navigation disc

Outstanding vehicle
By tuna66

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a new 5.7 4x4 Aspen new in August 2008.
To date, this has been the most reliable
vehicle I have ever owned.
125,000 trouble free miles.
I have replaced one set of front and rear brakes, battery and two sets of tires, and that is all.
The suv rides like it did at 25,000 miles.
I would buy another in a second.
I live in Upstate NY and the bottom of all 4 doors are rotting.
This rig is thirsty.
Other than the rusting doors, this is one well built SUV.

Power - smooth and always available. A joy to drive on long highway trips. Fits a tall driver. Second row is tight for tall kids.

Used car-Aspen Chrysler
By riunite5

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Aspen Chrysler 2007 is an awesome vehicle.
We were looking for an SUV and saw this one, took it for a drive and were hooked right away. The comfort for my husband, who is disabled, was a big seller.
The luxury of the interior, with all the extras were just perfect.
The price was affordable which really surprised us too.

Sun roof, DVD player for the grandkids, heated seats, GPS, 4WD

Epic Fail om Customer Satisfaction
By chryslersuks

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Long story short, We paid Cash for a new 2007 Aspen and had issues from the first year with the air cond. "freezing up" on us when we drove over 2 hours. We use this vehicle for business travel. After several ( more than 3) attempts to correct the issue we filed under FL lemon law and sent letter in to Chrysler Corp. and they argued that the timeline was an issue. I fought and fought with over 5 "case mgrs." and 3 supervisors about the issues we have with the car for over the past six months in 2012. I only asked for a permanent solution, but after over 6 mechanics and 3 different dealerships, they just want us to keep going back to the dealer to try to fig. it out. To no solution, we are...

getting rid of this headache of driving a vehicle sold to us with a malfunction and the constant inconvenience of trip after trip to the service Dept. I am disgusted in the lack of customer satisfaction that we have been shown and the unprofessional way that the supervisors at Chrysler Customer "Care" have given us. I feel bad for the person who inherits the problem, as we are trading it in on a NISSAN. Shame on you Chrysler! We will never buy another product from you again, and I hope anyone reading this review will give deep consideration to do the same. A list of ALL the current problems of our 2007 Aspen : a/c freezes, had complete engine shutdown @ 70 m.p.h. on highway,fuel overflows...

after fill up, the electric windows fail randomly as if having a short,engine revs during idle ( up to 500 rpm intervals), makes loud "clunk" noise at stops from rear of vehicle, experiences severe "death wobble" (google it/common in Jeeps) on highway when going over a bump or small pothole. To avoid these and many other problems, PLEASE, Do NOT buy any Chrysler Products. Thank you.

Eat your heart out, Escalade owners
By majoroz

2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The box didn't offer me what I have: Limited Hemi with all the bells and whistles except the kiddy TV.

Bought it to tow a travel trailer.
Had no idea how luxurious it was.
Have been in Escalades, Tahoes, Burbs, etc.....this one has them all beat and costs WAAAAY less.

I get 20-23 on the highway, empty, and got an honest, pen and paper, 12 at 9000 ft, towing a 7400 lb. travel trailer.

Quiet, smooth, with all-weather confidence, and did I mention towing ability ?

When my mechanic checked it out before purchase, he was amazed at the structural integrity: "You will win any collision".

1. Height above the ground -- see everything. 2. Mileage for this huge beast. BUT....you must ensure that the second set of plugs is changed by 30K miles to GET this decent mileage. 3. Towing capacity. Passed a number of turbo diesels going up the Rocky's, while pulling my trailer. 4. Creature comforts and the fact that all "windows" -- radio, heat, dash, are configured for as little reflection as possible. 5. Fingertip controls for the sound system. Unlike everyone else, they are UNDER the steering wheel, where fingers are DUH ! Great idea. (my other Chrysler is the same)

1. HUGE IRRITATION: When in cruise control, it wants to downshift going down a hill. HORRIBLE. There HAS to be a way to diddle the computer to do away with this. 2. You can see the status readouts OR the temp, but not both. GM has got it all over Chrysler in this area. 3. LOUSY, non-transferable warranty. Get your own.