Used 2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Aspen - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

Epic Fail om Customer Satisfaction
By chryslersuks

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Long story short, We paid Cash for a new 2007 Aspen and had issues from the first year with the air cond. "freezing up" on us when we drove over 2 hours. We use this vehicle for business travel. After several ( more than 3) attempts to correct the issue we filed under FL lemon law and sent letter in to Chrysler Corp. and they argued that the timeline was an issue. I fought and fought with over 5 "case mgrs." and 3 supervisors about the issues we have with the car for over the past six months in 2012. I only asked for a permanent solution, but after over 6 mechanics and 3 different dealerships, they just want us to keep going back to the dealer to try to fig. it out. To no solution, we are...

Favorite Features

getting rid of this headache of driving a vehicle sold to us with a malfunction and the constant inconvenience of trip after trip to the service Dept. I am disgusted in the lack of customer satisfaction that we have been shown and the unprofessional way that the supervisors at Chrysler Customer "Care" have given us. I feel bad for the person who inherits the problem, as we are trading it in on a NISSAN. Shame on you Chrysler! We will never buy another product from you again, and I hope anyone reading this review will give deep consideration to do the same. A list of ALL the current problems of our 2007 Aspen : a/c freezes, had complete engine shutdown @ 70 m.p.h. on highway,fuel overflows...

Suggested Improvements

after fill up, the electric windows fail randomly as if having a short,engine revs during idle ( up to 500 rpm intervals), makes loud "clunk" noise at stops from rear of vehicle, experiences severe "death wobble" (google it/common in Jeeps) on highway when going over a bump or small pothole. To avoid these and many other problems, PLEASE, Do NOT buy any Chrysler Products. Thank you.

Love my Aspen!
By azmomof3

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had our Aspen 5.7L Hemi for 3 years now. We bought it brand new for the lifetime Powertrain warranty. We wanted a vehicle that would tow and boy does this baby deliver! We currently tow a 5500 lb. travel trailer and our Aspen pulls it seamlessly. We pass larger vehicles going up mountains. My husband likes to say, "Yeah, that's my Hemi passing you!" We also wanted seating for extra kids and got the 8 passenger model. Ride is so quiet - after 3 years of living on a bumpy road, we don't hear any rattles, or squeaks at all. Brakes have not gone out in 3 years either. Only thing changed out was rack and pinon steering, after 2 years of ownership. Aspen is a reliable work horse!

Favorite Features

power, quiet ride, sleek exterior styling. Gas mileage surprisingly good - not uncommon to get 18-19 mpg on hwy.

Suggested Improvements

interior a little plain, frequent alignments needed to offset shimmying around the 60-65 mph mark. (when not towing) 2nd row cup holders on floor get tripped over.

Gracious SUV
By Walter

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle drives like a dream SUV. I am very impressed with the interior and exterior components along with the overall smooth ride and drive.

Favorite Features

Interior design along with exterior design with the exception of the heavy dark tinted windows. It makes it look more like a liminsine.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion with the economy right now is to make your future SUV in V6 engine design,

Love My Vehicle!!
By Lady Di

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I definately would give give this SUV a FIVE-STAR. It is such a great vehicle to drive. It's reliable, classy, and fun. All the kids and their friends fit in just fine. When it's just the adults, it's certainly a nice ride. I compare it to the other SUV's out their, and this one tops them all, especially the for the price you pay. Chrysler did good, just wish you were continuing to make them. My lease is coming up and I now want a HEMI. Oh, what's a girl to do!!!

Favorite Features

Cool Vanilla gleams, body style, classy look of interior.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I had running boards!!

Very cool vanilla
By EZRIDER

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Oh I do love this car! Overall best car I have owned, my 11th new car. I'm retired now and don't drive a lot anymore so mpg not an issuse for me, but I had back surgery and my Durango was very uncomfotable after that. The wife said "do not bring home a white car" so this vanilla color bailed me out! I average 14 mpg around town, my first Hemi got 8 and, I like having the accelleration getting onto the expressway and passing. My adult kids call it dad's pimp mobile.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, especially down, no slaming. Heated seats front & second row, temp controls front & rear. Running boards & handles for getting in & out. Power. DVD was nice on trip, first trip in years without backseat helpers!

Suggested Improvements

Cargo net