Used 2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan

View reviews for a specific 300M model:

I found a 300m Special GEM
By pitmanoeuvre

2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just recently bought a 2002 300m Special/dark sapphire blue/black interior , and it passed emissions testing (as like new readings) , with only having replaced the sparkplugs. The car has 237,000kms on it and is in completely original condition. Being the second owner , the original owner obviously had it in a garage since new and took good care of it , without needing anything at all. Judging by the short time I have had it , it is the best used car I have yet to see. The car was starting and running fine (no ticking sounds or noises) , even while the sparkplugs were still the originals. Even the air conditioning outclasses most others I have seen. It has not needed any service.

Favorite Features

Powerful airconditioning , ample smaller motor than a hemi , and with dual exhaust will get 34mpg highway. Higher output alternator , where the windings are insulated , like any other wiring. Comfortable ride , responsive steering and brakes. Premium sound system with a 5 CD changer. Starts and runs like a compact , and quite easy to park or move in parking lots , considering it's slightly larger size. Great trunk and interior spaces. The condition of the car is respectably approx. 95%+ , even after 237k , which includes winter driving. Easy underbody maintainence due to unibody front end. Excellent design and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Changing the design by scale only , to make provision for a slightly smaller motor with the transaxle transmission , to become more competitive with compact cars.

Repairs
By Kristine Meinhard

2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had my 300M now going on 4 years it's a great car to travel in and drive except my engine light is on all the time took it in 9 times to fix finally had the converter replaced fuel pump went at 68.000 miles fuel sensor replaced other than that it runs like a charm oh in the winter my transmission acts up I won't buy other now that I'm retired to bad this reoccurring problems I have with this car I like it just as soon as I pay it off I'm selling it or all the kinks will be worked out and maybe worth keeping

Favorite Features

sunroof cd player and the ride it's great smooth

Suggested Improvements

engine light and sensors need to be looked at and improved

Hard to say
By nickk

2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used and within the first couple of months I had to be towed twice and then a third time a few months later. Went through 3 transmissions! Power steering pump seized, had to replace rack and pinion, front axle, numerous evap stuff. But I still like it. When it works. Looks great even 7 years later people think its new. Interior is nice, but my tint keeps peeling and bubbling, climate display in blank so I cant tell whats on or off. Great gas millage for how big it is. Good handling as well. It's really hard to say if this car is worth it or not, I'm really frustrated with it but I'm also having a hard time getting ride of it and finding something similar that I want

Favorite Features

Looks in general, steering wheel controls, H.P. with great MPG. Shiftable transmission is nice to have on mountain roads.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability! transmission needs refinement, steering feels mushy, build quality in general. Hard to see out of as well, hydro-planes easily.

Not the Cadillac I expected as a kid.
By BoeingB17FF

2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car exceeds what I wanted in a car as a kid - classy styling - by adding aggressive handling. Boasting head-turning looks, it has no problem flying around corners near the speed limit with little assistance from the brakes. It's capable of stopping fast enough that I'm worried about air bags deploying. Sluggish out of early gears. Has no problem picking up speed at higher speeds. Mine was purchased used. After manufacturer PCM reprog for Tranny control error code, the system shifts gorgeously. Bad for the wallet as it coaxes me into driving 'a few extra miles'.

Favorite Features

Styling - interior and exterior. the Dash. The instrument cluster is just full of class.

Suggested Improvements

A little bit of extra chrome trim on the inside. Autochromatic lower front windshield.

Dream to Drive, Nightmare to Own
By diblasi

2004 Chrysler 300M Sedan Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was fast, had great European styling [i.e. Carbon Fiber dash, Xenon Headlamps & Turn Signals on the Mirrors]. It was great on the interstate or letting loose on county roads. However, I got to drive dealership loaners more than I got to drive this car. Purchased with 18,000 miles on it. This car had been babied & I babied it. It leaked transmission fluid non-stop. Thankfully I had a warranty, it was a $100 deductible each time it went in [7 total] which got to be steep but not as bad as the $1,100 they would've charged without the warranty. The problem never got fixed & I ended up trading the car in.

Favorite Features

Styling Speed Xenon 6 disc changer Moon roof Heated leather

Suggested Improvements

Transmission leak Road noise over 55 MPH Cost to repair Re-sell value