2004 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300M model:
I found a 300m Special GEM
By pitmanoeuvre on 05/20/11 23:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just recently bought a 2002 300m Special/dark sapphire blue/black interior , and it passed emissions testing (as like new readings) , with only having replaced the sparkplugs. The car has 237,000kms on it and is in completely original condition. Being the second owner , the original owner obviously had it in a garage since new and took good care of it , without needing anything at all. Judging by the short time I have had it , it is the best used car I have yet to see. The car was starting and running fine (no ticking sounds or noises) , even while the sparkplugs were still the originals. Even the air conditioning outclasses most others I have seen. It has not needed any service.

Repairs
By Kristine Meinhard on 07/28/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had my 300M now going on 4 years it's a great car to travel in and drive except my engine light is on all the time took it in 9 times to fix finally had the converter replaced fuel pump went at 68.000 miles fuel sensor replaced other than that it runs like a charm oh in the winter my transmission acts up I won't buy other now that I'm retired to bad this reoccurring problems I have with this car I like it just as soon as I pay it off I'm selling it or all the kinks will be worked out and maybe worth keeping

Hard to say
By nickk on 07/21/10 18:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used and within the first couple of months I had to be towed twice and then a third time a few months later. Went through 3 transmissions! Power steering pump seized, had to replace rack and pinion, front axle, numerous evap stuff. But I still like it. When it works. Looks great even 7 years later people think its new. Interior is nice, but my tint keeps peeling and bubbling, climate display in blank so I cant tell whats on or off. Great gas millage for how big it is. Good handling as well. It's really hard to say if this car is worth it or not, I'm really frustrated with it but I'm also having a hard time getting ride of it and finding something similar that I want

Not the Cadillac I expected as a kid.
By BoeingB17FF on 04/07/10 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car exceeds what I wanted in a car as a kid - classy styling - by adding aggressive handling. Boasting head-turning looks, it has no problem flying around corners near the speed limit with little assistance from the brakes. It's capable of stopping fast enough that I'm worried about air bags deploying. Sluggish out of early gears. Has no problem picking up speed at higher speeds. Mine was purchased used. After manufacturer PCM reprog for Tranny control error code, the system shifts gorgeously. Bad for the wallet as it coaxes me into driving 'a few extra miles'.

Dream to Drive, Nightmare to Own
By diblasi on 03/16/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was fast, had great European styling [i.e. Carbon Fiber dash, Xenon Headlamps & Turn Signals on the Mirrors]. It was great on the interstate or letting loose on county roads. However, I got to drive dealership loaners more than I got to drive this car. Purchased with 18,000 miles on it. This car had been babied & I babied it. It leaked transmission fluid non-stop. Thankfully I had a warranty, it was a $100 deductible each time it went in [7 total] which got to be steep but not as bad as the $1,100 they would've charged without the warranty. The problem never got fixed & I ended up trading the car in.

Piece of Junk
By Nate on 08/22/09 03:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 300M in Jan 07' with 54K. Has 93K on it now. Although this car is powerful, comfortable,it is te most unreliable car I have ever owned: Ignition problems, check engine light, $1,200 GAS LINE REPAIR, blinkers stopped working, power seat died, power windows don't work. It's embarrassing to have people in this car cause they can't put down the window. Don't judge a carby its looks, Chrysler builds garbage and it's no surprise they are in financial turmoil! I researched this car or 4 months before purchased and all reviews are "great". This is the honest truth about this vehicle- don't buy one. And I bought the 80,00 warranty.

Worth the price- by FAR!
By TSS on 03/25/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 300M cannot be passed for the price you pay. You get many features (heated seats, power everything) for much cheaper than most cars of it's class and mileage. This is my 2nd 300M, and can say, that repairs have been few, and the car has been great! Take good care of it, and it will take good care of you!

Nice Car But
By W. Pasco on 11/03/08 09:24 AM (PST)

2004 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 300 M as a lease returned car with 1500 miles. We have put about 60k miles on since. Car drives well and has good take acceleration. Had to change brakes and rotors with only 40K miles. Now at 76k the water pump went out. This is a major cost,$700. Also to change the timing belt at 100 K is about $1000.

Best car ever
By Ro on 10/04/08 22:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Clean design, smooth ride, great car! My 300 is a fun car to drive and I haven't had any complaints so far. It handles well on the road with the powerful engine, and the Autostick feature is fun to use.

My Extra Special
By Coolrunning on 07/07/08 00:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A beautiful car, it always turned heads. The handling was more like a much smaller car, and it had plenty of power to respond to any traffic situation without hesitation.