2003 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300M model:
Chrysler is hit and miss, 300m is a hit!
By mrnest on 05/29/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in '03. Car has a bit over 100k on it now and has never had a single problem. Up to spec with most new cars in terms of power, handling, looks, overall enjoyability. Interior should be an upgrade from standard Chrysler fare for the 300m but is okay with the carbon fiber trim though. Car has plenty of power, interior room, great handling, and is stone cold reliable. The 18" wheels definitely make the car noisier, though. Also, the "special" is lower in the front so watch out for those high curbs! If you hit one it can bring the bumper out of alignment. Drawbacks of having a performance car. Absolutely love this car, they should have kept this one and made the newer 300 separate

The Beauty of the Special
By CoolRunning on 07/20/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 1999 300M for my 2003 300M Special and never regretted it. Both are fine cars, but the Special was spectacular in comparison. It had larger wheels, better suspension, better looks, two tone interior and I feel like it even performed better. Both cars were equipped with a full load of features like the sun roof, CD changer, premium sound system and full leather interior, heated and full power.

Too much fun
By wes on 09/05/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car has been the a joy of a life time, the last time I had so much fun was in 1965 when I had a new Mustang fast back in Germany. Which can not compair to this rocket ship. The only problem I have had is that there is a left pull, and the front end shop says they cant set the caster, for there is no adjustments for it. The settings are reversed from what they should be (31/2 left 21/2 right. when I get this corrected I know I will be in love for sure.

Great Expectations
By 55DeSoto on 04/25/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I knew that the 300M Special would be a great driving, and handling machine since renting a, 2000 300M in 2000. The Special has met, and exceeded that model in every way, and I've only driven it 1500 miles! Plus, my graphite gray and charchol model is a great looker too! The only exception was that it didn't shift right until I changed the air filter, now it can show its stuff, and it's tail. It has almost all the features that Specials come with except the Nav/Satellite radio, and U-Connect, both on my wish list. Space, looks, comfort, higher performance, and the bells and whistles, make this a driver's dream. Today's gas prices make it a real value too.

Best Chrysler I ever owned.
By "Big Daddy" on 03/26/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had only two minor "glitches" in approx 4 and one half years of ownership. They were both associated with the transmission...A trans light on the dash which was reset by Mobil station Mechanic in July 2006 with no problem detected and a software update installed by Chrysler dealer in March 2007 which corrected a slight "hitch"in the transmission when it shifted from 3rd to 4th gear.The only other"problem" is with the "air dam" which is very low in front and has a tendency to ride onto the concrete car stops in every parking lot if I'm not careful.It is a little annoying to say the the least.Otherwise, its change oil and filters,gas-up and go (22 mpg). I also own a '93 Jeep Wrangler.

Good Styling Otherwise Disappointing
By K. Bronstrup on 03/04/07 10:51 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee on this vehicle. Gas mileage averages 21 MPH mostly open road driving (worse than our Jeep). Since we bought the car we've lost all the transmission fluid due to a 99 cent clamp coming loose. We were quoted over $175.00 to replace a simple plastic clamp that secures the transmission lines to the case. The power moon roof broke and it cost us $25 to get an estimate of $1,350 to repair it (we wont bother). Overall quality is quite poor compared to Toyota, Ford or Mercedes. Due to the ridiculous cost of repair and maintenance this will be our last Chrysler FOREVER. On a positive note we have always liked the styling of the 300M.

Domestic with European appeal
By Ryan Janicki on 03/09/06 09:56 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this vehicle for about 2.5 years. The most appealing features were its large size, sporty feel, and look. It met and exceeded my expectations in all categories with the exeption of quality. At about 40,000 mile it developed a leak from the transmission lines that needed replacement - $200 to fix - just as the vehicles warranty had expired. Secondly I had falures with the vehicles Air Bag system that were replaced under warranty after 10 visits to the dealership. I cannot be certain if it was the mechanics working on it or the parts they used, but 10 visits to the dealer on a 2 year old car seemed extremely excessive! The ABS system was fixed under warranty though.

2003 300M Special
By Tom M on 08/24/05 08:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own an 1993 Eagle Vision TSI, the predecessor to the 300M which has been my best car I've ever owned and I've owned close to 20 cars. It now has 160K. It's been extremely reliable and fun to drive. The 300M is more fun and has additional toys (e.g. Sirius and Nav). I expect the 300M to be more reliable than the TSI. It also looks great.

Love this Car
By Tommart on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the appearance and handling of this car. This car is both practical and fun to drive. I'm also impressed by how so many others have fallen in love with this car. This may be the best car that Chysler built in 2003. The new 300/300C carries the name, but is a very different car. The M compares to a 5-series BMW, the C compares with a Cadillac DeVille.

Fast car
By Russell Drygalski on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car handles great and also accelerates awsome espically when it is Put into Manual transmition. This car is fun to drive anywhere.