2003 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300M model:
Worst car ever made and worst ever owned
By nhevinw007 on 07/26/11 15:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

There is only one brand that where there are actual websites dedicated to the hate of these vehicles and all things the terrible company makes. The exterior of this vehicle is fairly nice, and the interior is roomy and comfortable. That is the good. It chews up rotors and pads. The paint started coming off at 90,000 miles. I have replaced 7 crank shaft sensors, 5 cam shaft sensors, 1 A/C compressor, at least 9 windshield wipers, and the oil has leaked since the week we bought it. It stalls all the time, and now the tranny is starting to go out. All I do is feel sorry for anyone who buys a car made by this company. [violative content deleted]

Chrysler is hit and miss, 300m is a hit!
By mrnest on 05/29/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in '03. Car has a bit over 100k on it now and has never had a single problem. Up to spec with most new cars in terms of power, handling, looks, overall enjoyability. Interior should be an upgrade from standard Chrysler fare for the 300m but is okay with the carbon fiber trim though. Car has plenty of power, interior room, great handling, and is stone cold reliable. The 18" wheels definitely make the car noisier, though. Also, the "special" is lower in the front so watch out for those high curbs! If you hit one it can bring the bumper out of alignment. Drawbacks of having a performance car. Absolutely love this car, they should have kept this one and made the newer 300 separate

should have been better
By larry neel on 02/02/10 10:01 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is a very pretty car. The inside looks very good. The quality of leather is very good. The gas mileage could be much better. You can use only one size tire and it cost $900.00 for a set of four. The brakes are really bad from the factory, and the ride is poor. The features on the car are really nice. The really bad part is how low it is in the front end.

2003 Chrysler 300M
By annette on 01/07/09 11:03 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used in 2006 but it was in excellent shape only 33K; looked like brand new. Besides one poor sensor, which caused my car to turn off while I was driving, I have had no problems. I bought a full warranty on it so I guess it will cover the sensor change. It combines luxury and sports style with a lot of space inside. Rides smoothly and has a lot of extras. Great handling. I love this car! I hope they continue with the production.

The Beauty of the Special
By CoolRunning on 07/20/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 1999 300M for my 2003 300M Special and never regretted it. Both are fine cars, but the Special was spectacular in comparison. It had larger wheels, better suspension, better looks, two tone interior and I feel like it even performed better. Both cars were equipped with a full load of features like the sun roof, CD changer, premium sound system and full leather interior, heated and full power.

Too much fun
By wes on 09/05/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car has been the a joy of a life time, the last time I had so much fun was in 1965 when I had a new Mustang fast back in Germany. Which can not compair to this rocket ship. The only problem I have had is that there is a left pull, and the front end shop says they cant set the caster, for there is no adjustments for it. The settings are reversed from what they should be (31/2 left 21/2 right. when I get this corrected I know I will be in love for sure.

Great Expectations
By 55DeSoto on 04/25/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I knew that the 300M Special would be a great driving, and handling machine since renting a, 2000 300M in 2000. The Special has met, and exceeded that model in every way, and I've only driven it 1500 miles! Plus, my graphite gray and charchol model is a great looker too! The only exception was that it didn't shift right until I changed the air filter, now it can show its stuff, and it's tail. It has almost all the features that Specials come with except the Nav/Satellite radio, and U-Connect, both on my wish list. Space, looks, comfort, higher performance, and the bells and whistles, make this a driver's dream. Today's gas prices make it a real value too.

Best Chrysler I ever owned.
By "Big Daddy" on 03/26/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had only two minor "glitches" in approx 4 and one half years of ownership. They were both associated with the transmission...A trans light on the dash which was reset by Mobil station Mechanic in July 2006 with no problem detected and a software update installed by Chrysler dealer in March 2007 which corrected a slight "hitch"in the transmission when it shifted from 3rd to 4th gear.The only other"problem" is with the "air dam" which is very low in front and has a tendency to ride onto the concrete car stops in every parking lot if I'm not careful.It is a little annoying to say the the least.Otherwise, its change oil and filters,gas-up and go (22 mpg). I also own a '93 Jeep Wrangler.

Good Styling Otherwise Disappointing
By K. Bronstrup on 03/04/07 10:51 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee on this vehicle. Gas mileage averages 21 MPH mostly open road driving (worse than our Jeep). Since we bought the car we've lost all the transmission fluid due to a 99 cent clamp coming loose. We were quoted over $175.00 to replace a simple plastic clamp that secures the transmission lines to the case. The power moon roof broke and it cost us $25 to get an estimate of $1,350 to repair it (we wont bother). Overall quality is quite poor compared to Toyota, Ford or Mercedes. Due to the ridiculous cost of repair and maintenance this will be our last Chrysler FOREVER. On a positive note we have always liked the styling of the 300M.

2nd 300M
By Jean Pierre on 08/15/06 21:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded my 1999, 300M for a 2003,300M. The reliabilty of this car makes Consumer Report lies, it is still excellent after almost 2 years and 40K. Considering the size and power of this car the gas mileage is good. Great fit and finish. Good handling and fun to drive. Inexpensive parts and servicing.