Enjoying since 2007
By rish on
2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
When I was looking for a car in 2007, a chrysler 300M was not even on my shopping list. I was looking at a couple of Pontiac Grand Prix's when my eyes caught this beauty. This car stood out in a room filled with more than 50 cars at a local dealer in Toronto. After road testing it with a couple of friends in the back seat, who by the way found the back seat to be ultra comfortable with support for the back of your knee, I instantly fell in love with this car. The performance from the engine was surprising awesome for a 3.5 lt V6 in a full sized sedan and so was the handling. Every time I take this thing out for a spin, I am very confident while taking turns that it wont under or oversteer.
Favorite Features
Great highway vehicle, awesome acceleration for such a huge car, and I mean HUGE, handles like a race car, again surprisingly great for such a HUGE car, decent fuel economy, awesome seats (front and rear), good quality of materials used inside (much better than the new chryslers which feels a lot more like cheap plastic). bought this with 140000 kms (87000 miles for my American friends) and its at 240000 now, not many repairs required. for an 02 vehicle, it has a lot of exciting features - heated leather seats, easy exit seats, heated mirrors, h.i.d headlamps, mirrors with turn signals, great exhaust note (though i upgraded that to a custom one), onboard computer and customization options.
Suggested Improvements
The metal used by chrysler is not the best kind, any major repair on the outside would require a lot of heating the metal to get the bolts/nuts cracking, or they'll just break, the inner rear view mirror shakes while driving/with base, but then again i have subs in the trunk which cause it to shake (another awesome feature - HUGE trunk, lots of space, i have a dual 10" box with enough space to put atleast 3 more). i would have really enjoyed this car in rear wheel drive and a manual transmission as I always use the tiptronic, which works flawlessly by the way.
By leslielbk
on 02/22/12 10:02 AM (PST)

I'd love to get your opinion, since you wrote your review so recently. I have the chance to buy a 2002 for $6,000 with 36,000 miles. It's in great shape, spotless maintenance history, and I'm afraid of what could happen to it that would cost me alot of money. I would be selling a 2010 Kia Soul that I owe $4500 on. I can't figure out what to do. Can you offer any advice? Thank you so much!