2002 300M Special (Berline)
By pitmanoeuvre on
2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I would recommend this car , and I would also buy another one. Off the top , the car has been a welcome change - where "I" don't have to adjust to the car - "it" adjusts to me. I like that the most. Engine performance is very good , and fair on fuel , with it's 3.5L / 255hp (dual exhaust) application. In my opinion , there is nothing more "boring" than a car (it's engine performance) , where you are repeatedly confined by it's lack of power. I don't like driving vehicles that practically drive themselves. "Boring". If I want that , I'll ride in the passenger seat. The overall design is very good , while it's overall functions , are not limited to "driving". These are valueable.
Favorite Features
I favour the small 218ci engine , based on it's performance and reliability. Great air conditioning front and rear. The body and paint on the car is still well over 95% decent - to say the least (original). I like , and prefer the : driver's power seat , that moves to allow you to enter , and exit the vehicle , each time you : open the door , or remove the key. Excellent 365 watt stereo system. Ample , daylamps / foglamps and halogen headlights. I think the best feature of the 300M , is it's very useable trunk , which is extended by being able to fully fold down the back seats for cargo. This is a huge selling feature. Being driven is only part of a car's abilities.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to have seen a gascap entry door , that can be opened from the interior only - for security. I would also have liked to see the 4 -wheel disk brakes , have upgraded calipers that completely bolt onto the steering knuckles , and don't rely upon anything else for caliper installation. Larger car - better brakes , even though the brakes are "ample". It's difficult to suggest any improvements to this vehicle , when you have all of the available options installed. That's what makes the car a worthwhile investment in it's class.