Used 2002 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300M model:

Not too shabby
By honestascanbe

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with high miles so my expectations weren't the greatest. The first few problems i ran into would have been minor had I owned any other domestic car. I don't understand why parts are so much and mechanics cringed at the thought of working on it. The tranny went out and drained my bank account but I have the previous owner to thank for that. I seem to continue to have issues with the power mirrors going haywire but otherwise no electrical problems. All told, I like the looks and feel of the car and if the new tranny takes it over 200,000 miles I'll be satisfied with my investment. Provided nothing else major goes wrong.

Favorite Features

overall comfort. All the amenities at a low cost when purchased used

Suggested Improvements

Stability of the company making them.

When it starts to break run away!
By Zengo

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got the car with 45,000 km paid probably more than it should have, I traded my sebring for the 300M. First year no major problems, than it started. The front suspension started braking. I had to replace many times over the front end such as: Stabilizer bars, link-bars (upper-lower) bars, brakes etc. Parts were expensive like Mercedes or some foreign car (no wonder they are going-under). Too many electrical issues lights flashing, engine light. The sad part is, I actually liked the car and did regular maintenance. Stay away when it starts showing problems Sell fast! I had too many problems (spent over $10000.00 in repairs since 2005).

Favorite Features

Power, Style, Room.

Suggested Improvements

Yes take care of your customers Chrysler. One major improvement will be match the suspension and the quality/durability of the replacement parts to the car. Too bad I liked the car. But will not drive Chrysler even if it's on special two-for-one, ever again.

loved 1 bought 2
By super special

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've loved the car since day 1 first I bought a 2004 300m special in 05. Loved so much went looking for another now I own a Grey 2002 special I've had no Major problems w the 2004 had the tranny replaced on the 2002 under warranty from dealer when u buy used always a? about previous owner I love the cars and they look good

Favorite Features

power ,comfort and style

Suggested Improvements

more power

300M Trade In Review
By Not sure

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been driven to and from work (1 mile), up to other offices within New Jersey and to the New Jersey shore. Regular servicing by a local repair shop. No major problems. No accidents. Some blind spot in the back from a wide connection between back seat window and rear window. Other than that it has been a good car.

Favorite Features

Very reliable. Good gas mileage. Seat can be repositioned to fit driver.

Suggested Improvements

Probably new tires will be needed.

tranny went out
By lovely

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought the car used two months ago, previous owner took good care of it, ran and purred smoothly for two months. went to post office, got back in car, heard a squealing noise and lost the umph to go - found out tranny went out all of a sudden, now will have to pay 2200 to fix it, but feel that this beautiful car is worth the money to put into it - going on 180000 miles and sstill looks/drives good except i have to replace tranny

Favorite Features

the looks of the car and the sunroof - love the light color in the dash

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage