2002 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300M model:
2002 300M Special (Berline)
By pitmanoeuvre on 05/31/13 23:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would recommend this car , and I would also buy another one. Off the top , the car has been a welcome change - where "I" don't have to adjust to the car - "it" adjusts to me. I like that the most. Engine performance is very good , and fair on fuel , with it's 3.5L / 255hp (dual exhaust) application. In my opinion , there is nothing more "boring" than a car (it's engine performance) , where you are repeatedly confined by it's lack of power. I don't like driving vehicles that practically drive themselves. "Boring". If I want that , I'll ride in the passenger seat. The overall design is very good , while it's overall functions , are not limited to "driving". These are valueable.

Enjoying since 2007
By rish on 01/12/12 17:53 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I was looking for a car in 2007, a chrysler 300M was not even on my shopping list. I was looking at a couple of Pontiac Grand Prix's when my eyes caught this beauty. This car stood out in a room filled with more than 50 cars at a local dealer in Toronto. After road testing it with a couple of friends in the back seat, who by the way found the back seat to be ultra comfortable with support for the back of your knee, I instantly fell in love with this car. The performance from the engine was surprising awesome for a 3.5 lt V6 in a full sized sedan and so was the handling. Every time I take this thing out for a spin, I am very confident while taking turns that it wont under or oversteer.

Bought used and completely original
By pitmanoeuvre on 05/25/11 18:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a welcome change to buy a used car that doesn't start doing odd things or need more immediate attention mechanically. I bought my 2002 300m Special with 237,000km's on it , while the brakes , battery and exhaust were all original. I only needed to replace the brake pads. This speaks volumes to me in terms of value and reliability , not really seen on other used cars. While the transmission shifts ultra smooth and works as new , just like the previous owner claimed (as he said that the tranny never had any problems , just a fluid and filter change). The battery is a shock , being an Interstate Mega TronII , just like other ones at scrap yard that also had original batteries in.

It's been great for me
By PaulR on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new and currently have 65K trouble-free miles. I've done regular maintenance and had to replace the battery at the 5 year mark. Tires & brakes are original and in good shape. The car is quiet and performs fine. I've driven it from NY to Fla, SC, MO without any issues. It's everything I could ask for and hope to have it around fro a long time to come.

Not too shabby
By honestascanbe on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with high miles so my expectations weren't the greatest. The first few problems i ran into would have been minor had I owned any other domestic car. I don't understand why parts are so much and mechanics cringed at the thought of working on it. The tranny went out and drained my bank account but I have the previous owner to thank for that. I seem to continue to have issues with the power mirrors going haywire but otherwise no electrical problems. All told, I like the looks and feel of the car and if the new tranny takes it over 200,000 miles I'll be satisfied with my investment. Provided nothing else major goes wrong.

When it starts to break run away!
By Zengo on 06/21/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got the car with 45,000 km paid probably more than it should have, I traded my sebring for the 300M. First year no major problems, than it started. The front suspension started braking. I had to replace many times over the front end such as: Stabilizer bars, link-bars (upper-lower) bars, brakes etc. Parts were expensive like Mercedes or some foreign car (no wonder they are going-under). Too many electrical issues lights flashing, engine light. The sad part is, I actually liked the car and did regular maintenance. Stay away when it starts showing problems Sell fast! I had too many problems (spent over $10000.00 in repairs since 2005).

loved 1 bought 2
By super special on 02/27/10 22:03 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've loved the car since day 1 first I bought a 2004 300m special in 05. Loved so much went looking for another now I own a Grey 2002 special I've had no Major problems w the 2004 had the tranny replaced on the 2002 under warranty from dealer when u buy used always a? about previous owner I love the cars and they look good

300M Trade In Review
By Not sure on 12/31/09 07:19 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been driven to and from work (1 mile), up to other offices within New Jersey and to the New Jersey shore. Regular servicing by a local repair shop. No major problems. No accidents. Some blind spot in the back from a wide connection between back seat window and rear window. Other than that it has been a good car.

tranny went out
By lovely on 12/23/09 09:06 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought the car used two months ago, previous owner took good care of it, ran and purred smoothly for two months. went to post office, got back in car, heard a squealing noise and lost the umph to go - found out tranny went out all of a sudden, now will have to pay 2200 to fix it, but feel that this beautiful car is worth the money to put into it - going on 180000 miles and sstill looks/drives good except i have to replace tranny

The Best Car
By JKelly on 12/04/09 21:08 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best I've bought. Not a lick of trouble in the 9 years I've owned it. Would definitely buy again.