Used 2002 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler 300M

View reviews for a specific 300M model:

Safe for Families, Cool for Teens and Adults
By slytherinqueen

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently bought this car with 152,000 miles on it. It has been sitting since 2013 and started and sounded beautiful. I am comfortable driving my little brothers and 3yo cousin. There is also enough room both in front and back for me and all my adult friends when we go out! The trunk is huge and perfect for any Equestrian and Builders or if you just have alot of stuff! I love the built in inner trunk release for when my brothers lock each other in it. I came from a '98 VW Passat Turbo TDI into this. My dad keeps trying to steal it when he goes out of town because of its comfort and seats that lay flat back. I would buy this car again and again! [and not just for the sporty looks!]

Favorite Features

I love the memory seats that make it easy to get in and out [or search for lost items under the seat.] I also like the peek-a-boo cup holders in the back and the front so that they are not in the way. The A/C is different and the HUGE trunk is a must! I have comfortably fit 4 adults in it! I like the over-all sporty look, so it doesn't look like an old grandma car [important for a 20yo]

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would make would be a bit more "pick up and go", but once she's going, she's gone! I would also recommend a code lock system for when you lock your keys in the car like i constantly do >.>

Just bought a 2002 300M with only 52,000 miles on it.
By hjmswm1

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Did a lot of research on this car and this was the model year I zeroed in on. I always loved the look of this version of the 300. I got a really great deal on it and with only 52k on it I couldn't have found a more comfortable sports car. I've read around the web to stay away from using the Autostick function and I'll follow their advice. Car runs and rides like it's brand new.

Favorite Features

Only had it a couple of days and have taken it for a long drive over the Christmas holiday. Very comfortable and powerful. Low miles. I love it.

Suggested Improvements

None so far. It has everything you could want, comfort, luxury and power.

2002 300M Special (Berline)
By pitmanoeuvre

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would recommend this car , and I would also buy another one. Off the top , the car has been a welcome change - where "I" don't have to adjust to the car - "it" adjusts to me. I like that the most. Engine performance is very good , and fair on fuel , with it's 3.5L / 255hp (dual exhaust) application. In my opinion , there is nothing more "boring" than a car (it's engine performance) , where you are repeatedly confined by it's lack of power. I don't like driving vehicles that practically drive themselves. "Boring". If I want that , I'll ride in the passenger seat. The overall design is very good , while it's overall functions , are not limited to "driving". These are valueable.

Favorite Features

I favour the small 218ci engine , based on it's performance and reliability. Great air conditioning front and rear. The body and paint on the car is still well over 95% decent - to say the least (original). I like , and prefer the : driver's power seat , that moves to allow you to enter , and exit the vehicle , each time you : open the door , or remove the key. Excellent 365 watt stereo system. Ample , daylamps / foglamps and halogen headlights. I think the best feature of the 300M , is it's very useable trunk , which is extended by being able to fully fold down the back seats for cargo. This is a huge selling feature. Being driven is only part of a car's abilities.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have seen a gascap entry door , that can be opened from the interior only - for security. I would also have liked to see the 4 -wheel disk brakes , have upgraded calipers that completely bolt onto the steering knuckles , and don't rely upon anything else for caliper installation. Larger car - better brakes , even though the brakes are "ample". It's difficult to suggest any improvements to this vehicle , when you have all of the available options installed. That's what makes the car a worthwhile investment in it's class.

Enjoying since 2007
By rish

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I was looking for a car in 2007, a chrysler 300M was not even on my shopping list. I was looking at a couple of Pontiac Grand Prix's when my eyes caught this beauty. This car stood out in a room filled with more than 50 cars at a local dealer in Toronto. After road testing it with a couple of friends in the back seat, who by the way found the back seat to be ultra comfortable with support for the back of your knee, I instantly fell in love with this car. The performance from the engine was surprising awesome for a 3.5 lt V6 in a full sized sedan and so was the handling. Every time I take this thing out for a spin, I am very confident while taking turns that it wont under or oversteer.

Favorite Features

Great highway vehicle, awesome acceleration for such a huge car, and I mean HUGE, handles like a race car, again surprisingly great for such a HUGE car, decent fuel economy, awesome seats (front and rear), good quality of materials used inside (much better than the new chryslers which feels a lot more like cheap plastic). bought this with 140000 kms (87000 miles for my American friends) and its at 240000 now, not many repairs required. for an 02 vehicle, it has a lot of exciting features - heated leather seats, easy exit seats, heated mirrors, h.i.d headlamps, mirrors with turn signals, great exhaust note (though i upgraded that to a custom one), onboard computer and customization options.

Suggested Improvements

The metal used by chrysler is not the best kind, any major repair on the outside would require a lot of heating the metal to get the bolts/nuts cracking, or they'll just break, the inner rear view mirror shakes while driving/with base, but then again i have subs in the trunk which cause it to shake (another awesome feature - HUGE trunk, lots of space, i have a dual 10" box with enough space to put atleast 3 more). i would have really enjoyed this car in rear wheel drive and a manual transmission as I always use the tiptronic, which works flawlessly by the way.

Bought used and completely original
By pitmanoeuvre

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a welcome change to buy a used car that doesn't start doing odd things or need more immediate attention mechanically. I bought my 2002 300m Special with 237,000km's on it , while the brakes , battery and exhaust were all original. I only needed to replace the brake pads. This speaks volumes to me in terms of value and reliability , not really seen on other used cars. While the transmission shifts ultra smooth and works as new , just like the previous owner claimed (as he said that the tranny never had any problems , just a fluid and filter change). The battery is a shock , being an Interstate Mega TronII , just like other ones at scrap yard that also had original batteries in.

Favorite Features

Service is not seasonally required and the ground effects have done a super job keeping the running/rocker panels free of rust , even behind them. 2 windshield washer sprayers that provide a 6-stream cleanup of the windshield is a good feature. The auto return power driver's seat makes it so that when you take the key out , your seat moves back , so you can exit the vehicle easier. The driver's seat also moves back when you use your keyless entry to enter the vehicle , making it easier to enter the vehicle. Steering is great with a full set of chrome 17" wheels , and a full set of 17" BF Goodrich TA's.