Used 2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (61 reviews )

I Won't Do That Again
By ddbates

2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 300m last summer. By December the transmission went out. When I bought the car it had picture perfect carfax. It was beautiful. I fell in love at first sight. However, the honeymoon did not last long. I had to replace the front struts and a tie rod end. $890. A couple months later the ac condenser went out. Even with repairs I felt the car rode rough compared to my Avalon. Finally the transmission went out. Really? I take care of my vehicles and even if I didn't I did not have enough time to neglect it. This car died at 175--- miles. I was the third owner and it came with maintenance records. Never again!

The body was pretty to look at. The seats were comfortable. It had awesome speakers and climate control. The display was pretty and I liked the classic clock.

Mechanical improvements needed. The battery should be able to be removed without first removing the fender in my opinion. The trunk braces failed and while I was leaning into it to get some groceries out it landed on my head, hard!

Amazing car
By holly25

2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I finally had to get rid of this car at 162,000 miles due to general mechanical failure. However, I feel like this car's "death" was well-deserved and reasonably timed and I couldn't be happier with how it served me over the last 12 years. I never had any major issues at all with the car until 120,000 miles. Drove super well, no complaints. These days I feel Chrysler has gone to much cheaper quality with some of their sedans (ie Sebring). This 300m is one of the great ones. Quality was wonderful inside and out. In its later years I did experience some condensation in the headlights which god knows annoys the crap out of me, but not a big deal. Most comfortable seats you'll ever sit in.

Seats were recliner-like quality. Nice interior detailing. Overall reliable car.

Awesome 12 Year Old Car Still Going!
By briangriffin1

2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome! 12 years old and still going haven't seen the check engine light in a year (was on for a oil change overdue). Was in the shop once for a new battery (which was a stock '01). Stock parts excellent acceleration and no road noise 169,598 miles on it. Would buy again and recommend! Nothing but good on this end!

Leather seats, Heated seats,Overhead Info System, Spacey front and back, Rear vents, Heated mirrors and sunroof. :) Still turn heads wherever I go!

Already Perfect! Don't change a bit!

Perfect Car!!
By briangriffin1

2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just got mine last year and has had no problems a whatsoever and it has 234,765 Miles on it and still looks great and has still got 30MPG city and 34MPG hwy

Leather Heated Seats.

Waiting/hoping to expect something good from America
By thafemann

2001 Chrysler 300M Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Hello all, I purchased a 1998 Dodge Ram Van, new, and vowed that it would be the last Chrysler product that I would ever own. The Van didn't last 10 years until it was in the junk yard. Recently I purchased a 2001 Chrysler 300M. The car looks really sharp and is fun to drive. I purchased it from a dealer who gave me a great price. I know of the previous single owner and they took great care of the car as all the records show. Second day with the car it began to shake at 50-70 mph. There were LOTS of new parts. Turns out the torque converter and timing belt need replacing. Another $3k. So much for a good deal. I want to buy American...quit making JUNK and I will.

Leather interior, heated seats, very stylish

Road noise, nicer carpeting, softer ride.