Used 2001 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (64 reviews )

owned since 2005 and still in love
By Jess

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2001 300m since mid-2005 and I have loved almost every minute of it. The car is super comfortable which is nice as we travel down south a couple times a year from MN. I say almost because I feel the handling on our snow/ice roads was not the best prior to the purchase of my snow tires. Now it's been as good as a FWD vehicle could be. But I also had my first real issue with the car with the drivetrain (or drive shaft, I can't recall) going out. Lucky for me I know a great mechanic with a garage so it didn't cost me a fortune to fix. The worst part was it went out 300 miles from home on I-29 on a blustery (okay, for anyone that's been to SD - WINDY!!) winter day in SD. Fortunately the vehicle still ran so we were warm, even if we couldn't go anywhere. I'm still fortunate with only 130,000 miles on it, but I've been very happy with the vehicle considering the price paid and how reliable it's been for me.

I'm now looking for something larger with my son and family, and have my heart set on a GMC Acadia (I am NOT getting a mini-van!) for the ease of getting to the 3rd row for my dog (not having to fold down seats or jump over a center console). Unfortunately the reviews are very poor so it sparked me to post a positive one for my very reliable, yet 15 year old, Chrysler 300m. I often find people only post negative reviews, and don't take the time to post positive ones. I'll be sad to pass it along to a new family but I know from my experience, it'll take good care of them!

must have gotten the lemon
By Eric

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 120000 miles on it. Put about 15000 on since I've owned the car and nothing but problems. Engine consumes oil like crazy. Needs new valve seals and exhaust valve springs. Abs control module is out, tires keep going flat due to aluminum rims, ac compressor is out, all four struts need to be replaced, headlight switch makes headlights turn on by themselves and drain the battery at night, Egr valve went out, constant grinding from the brakes but pads and rotors are good. Can't figure that one out. Stuff is breaking on here so fast I can't keep up with all the repairs. Have no choice but to junk it or sell it to someone who can fix it.

A Beautiful reliable car
By Lavon Palmer

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car new in 2001 had it until 2012 put a hundred eighty thousand miles on it replace the engine twice because I loved it so much... I was in three car accidents and I never got hurt! Trusted it so much I gave it to my child.

I Won't Do That Again
By ddbates

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 300m last summer. By December the transmission went out. When I bought the car it had picture perfect carfax. It was beautiful. I fell in love at first sight. However, the honeymoon did not last long. I had to replace the front struts and a tie rod end. $890. A couple months later the ac condenser went out. Even with repairs I felt the car rode rough compared to my Avalon. Finally the transmission went out. Really? I take care of my vehicles and even if I didn't I did not have enough time to neglect it. This car died at 175--- miles. I was the third owner and it came with maintenance records. Never again!

The body was pretty to look at. The seats were comfortable. It had awesome speakers and climate control. The display was pretty and I liked the classic clock.

Mechanical improvements needed. The battery should be able to be removed without first removing the fender in my opinion. The trunk braces failed and while I was leaning into it to get some groceries out it landed on my head, hard!

Amazing car
By holly25

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I finally had to get rid of this car at 162,000 miles due to general mechanical failure. However, I feel like this car's "death" was well-deserved and reasonably timed and I couldn't be happier with how it served me over the last 12 years. I never had any major issues at all with the car until 120,000 miles. Drove super well, no complaints.

These days I feel Chrysler has gone to much cheaper quality with some of their sedans (ie Sebring). This 300m is one of the great ones. Quality was wonderful inside and out. In its later years I did experience some condensation in the headlights which god knows annoys the crap out of me, but not a big deal. Most comfortable seats you'll ever sit in.

Seats were recliner-like quality. Nice interior detailing. Overall reliable car.