2001 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (60 reviews )
Amazing car
By holly25 on 05/18/13 06:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I finally had to get rid of this car at 162,000 miles due to general mechanical failure. However, I feel like this car's "death" was well-deserved and reasonably timed and I couldn't be happier with how it served me over the last 12 years. I never had any major issues at all with the car until 120,000 miles. Drove super well, no complaints. These days I feel Chrysler has gone to much cheaper quality with some of their sedans (ie Sebring). This 300m is one of the great ones. Quality was wonderful inside and out. In its later years I did experience some condensation in the headlights which god knows annoys the crap out of me, but not a big deal. Most comfortable seats you'll ever sit in.

Awesome 12 Year Old Car Still Going!
By briangriffin1 on 10/22/12 14:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome! 12 years old and still going haven't seen the check engine light in a year (was on for a oil change overdue). Was in the shop once for a new battery (which was a stock '01). Stock parts excellent acceleration and no road noise 169,598 miles on it. Would buy again and recommend! Nothing but good on this end!

Perfect Car!!
By briangriffin1 on 06/24/12 16:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just got mine last year and has had no problems a whatsoever and it has 234,765 Miles on it and still looks great and has still got 30MPG city and 34MPG hwy

Waiting/hoping to expect something good from America
By thafemann on 03/15/12 06:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Hello all, I purchased a 1998 Dodge Ram Van, new, and vowed that it would be the last Chrysler product that I would ever own. The Van didn't last 10 years until it was in the junk yard. Recently I purchased a 2001 Chrysler 300M. The car looks really sharp and is fun to drive. I purchased it from a dealer who gave me a great price. I know of the previous single owner and they took great care of the car as all the records show. Second day with the car it began to shake at 50-70 mph. There were LOTS of new parts. Turns out the torque converter and timing belt need replacing. Another $3k. So much for a good deal. I want to buy American...quit making JUNK and I will.

Love my 300
By hollyberry206 on 03/14/12 17:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 300 in 2004 with 29K miles. No major problems in 8 years. In 2011, a bad oil change (at a shop) got me a rebuilt engine with 30K fewer miles than the blown one. Car now sits with 124K miles (so 94K on engine) I get an ave of 26 mpg - I Love this car! Driver seat has never heated for me (I didn't think about trying this when buying a 4 year old car in July, lesson learned). I have some rust inside the driver (lower) door and some around the sunroof, but no leaks. My son blew my front speakers a few years ago and I'm researching their replacement now. I am planning on keeping this car for a long time yet - NO complaints here.

A must
By donald45 on 11/10/11 14:18 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

10years old and has 171k and it is amazing. The car is fast, safe, and has plenty of room im a big guy and I fit anywere in car with plenty of room. one of my speakers rattles, a crack in the passenger side dashbord and a few blemishes of the exterior from rocks and a bad hailstorm is the only things this car shows for its age. ive lost maby 2mpg and thats not to bad had to replace a cracked water pump and a belt but this car is going to last me for quite some time and i will be buying another 300m.

what a POS!!! Transmission Timing belt!
By ambiegirl on 03/03/11 15:39 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car with only 68,000 for what i thought was a deal, a week after buying it the acceleration was off & would jut after 20mph, the allignment was so bad it balded the left front tire & the gas mileage...good lord i had a aztek before this car and my aztek suv got better gas mileage. so i take it to a mechanic to see why it would shake and jut after accelerating past 20 mph and it turns out a cost of $2000 min would fix the transmission, and a min of $1000 to fix the timing belt. 3 grand in just a week after having it? the mechanic told me to get away from it as soon as possible cuz chryslers are known for transmission issues, so thats what i did. She was a beauty on the outside

300 review
By manjim on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car! Bought with 55,000 miles on it. Now has 125,000. Very little problems. Brakes, tires, battery (tough to get at). One thermostat for overheating and transmission computer module 300.00) comfortable car!

Lou's 300M
By Lou's 300M on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car reminds me of some of the old time luxury cars. Had to replace two front door speakers $180.00 for the pair. At 30,000 all dash board functions went to key off position and would not return $800.00. I now have rust on the tip of the hood. To replace with OEM will cost about $2000.00. Sounds like a lot but keep in mind that this car has 90,000 miles on it and a is 10 years old. That comes to only $200.00 per year. Try to buy a new and equivalent for that money. I am going to do what ever work is needed to this car and will still have a great looking, riding, reliable car for years to come. BTW this car still turns heads when I drive down the streets and highway. Regards Lou

I Love this car!
By tallnsexy4545 on 06/23/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 300m back in July of 2007, it had 90,000 miles. I Loved it then and still love it now. Very low maintenance since the day I bought it! The Interior and Exterior of the car are wonderful! Only negative thing I have to bring up is the stereo system,other than that It's a great car!