Used 2000 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (74 reviews )

14 years and still going strong
By duster7

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 300M brand new (ordered from the factory) and have had nothing but a great experience with it.

The car was not as fast as my twin-turbo Stealth but very few cars could match that performance.
But it has room.
I am tall and even with the driver's seat in my driving position, I can sit comfortably in the back seat without my legs touching the driver's seat.

The ride is very comfortable without being out-of-touch.

The reliability has been nothing short of amazing.
Other than normal wear parts (tires, break pads, bushings, wiper blades, air filters, etc) the car has not needed any significant work.
Nearly 200,000 miles!

Reasonable performance, lots of room, good handling for a large sedan. I love the styling of the car and wish the current 300C was closer in style. I think the current 300C is a quality car but I can not get myself to own one as the styling is not as sleek as that of the 300M.

After 14 years a few of the speakers for the stereo have degraded to the point where they sound very poor. A non-paper based cone design could make them survive longer in the harsh environmental ranges that a car interior suffers. These days, the car is dated in technology but one can not expect a 14 year old car to be up-to-date with things like bluetooth and the like.

Decent Fullsize
By edmundsauto1

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I just got mine 00' 300m not to long ago, 263K miles now has 265K on it, Havnt had to do anything previous owner didnt really take car of it but it is a sound car i have gotton 28mpg out of it! not bad for a full size car alltho if you look at what you save you will have to put it back into it..... all in all seems like a decent car.

Leather, Heated front seats, 4 cd changer, 11 speaker sound system, cruise control, sporty, stock 17" rims, sunroof, Autostick, Indipendent suspension.

Engine maintenance "Timing Belt" Gasket Plugs, Coil on plugs, intake, Battery location, Climate control screen, speaker quality, dash quality/

Great performance, mediocre reliability.
By donald9251

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 4 years so far.
Bought it in 2008 with 77K miles on it.
Since then I've had to replace the power door lock on the driver's side, the front suspension control arms, turn signal flasher and the oil pressure switch.
The a/c also doesn't blow cold because there's a leak in the a/c system (the condenser, compressor, or evaporator).
Not sure if I want to spend the money to fix the a/c.
Also the interior instrument panel lights were flashing, so I replaced the headlight/dimmer switch assembly with a used on purchased from eBay (that fixed the problem).
However the car has strong acceleration and smooth engine performance, but Chrysler needs to focus on reliability.

Chrysler needs to focus more on building high quality, reliable vehicles. They also need to use higher quality parts. The vehicle assemblers at their factories need to more adroitly assemble the vehicles. More QA inspection needed.

My Wonderful Chrysler
By bobekah

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I got this car 2 years ago, It must have been when the car was completely falling apart but still looked good out side (thats what got me). I love my car but in the first year I put over 4000 into repair from Front end popping (which came back after replacing knuckles) constant creaking sound in my trunk area. Speakers blew a month after having the thing. Constant electrical problems. My dash flickers and my heated seats dont work. Ive gotten all new tires and they still leak! NEW rims and they still leak! This is my baby I spend alot of money but its a rip off for sure! The things only got 123,000 miles on it and the engine praformace is great

All leather interior. Very spacious. Slap stick. Sleek look of the car.

Front end cracking. Back end creaking. Better Electrical preformence. Also I live in Alaska and I have to plug the car in all day everyday in the winter...Even if its a warm 35 degree out. This is high on home energy use. Considering 7 months of the year is winter!

Still Love It
By Carloskid

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

After 10 years of loving attention, my '2000 M still turns heads. With factory chrome wheels and slightly fatter tires on the 17" wheels, it looks very contemporary. Most newer cars still retain the look the 330M pioneered in 1999. No significant problems - Except for tires, all original equipment. (Almost all highway driving). I'd buy it again.

Feels like an eight. Very comfortable, high-quality seats. Firm, stable ride with "Performance "option.

better door moldings for wind isolation