2000 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
14 years and still going strong
By duster7 on 01/21/14 23:24 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 300M brand new (ordered from the factory) and have had nothing but a great experience with it. The car was not as fast as my twin-turbo Stealth but very few cars could match that performance. But it has room. I am tall and even with the driver's seat in my driving position, I can sit comfortably in the back seat without my legs touching the driver's seat. The ride is very comfortable without being out-of-touch. The reliability has been nothing short of amazing. Other than normal wear parts (tires, break pads, bushings, wiper blades, air filters, etc) the car has not needed any significant work. Nearly 200,000 miles!

Decent Fullsize
By edmundsauto1 on 10/11/12 22:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I just got mine 00' 300m not to long ago, 263K miles now has 265K on it, Havnt had to do anything previous owner didnt really take car of it but it is a sound car i have gotton 28mpg out of it! not bad for a full size car alltho if you look at what you save you will have to put it back into it..... all in all seems like a decent car.

Great performance, mediocre reliability.
By donald9251 on 03/22/12 23:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 4 years so far. Bought it in 2008 with 77K miles on it. Since then I've had to replace the power door lock on the driver's side, the front suspension control arms, turn signal flasher and the oil pressure switch. The a/c also doesn't blow cold because there's a leak in the a/c system (the condenser, compressor, or evaporator). Not sure if I want to spend the money to fix the a/c. Also the interior instrument panel lights were flashing, so I replaced the headlight/dimmer switch assembly with a used on purchased from eBay (that fixed the problem). However the car has strong acceleration and smooth engine performance, but Chrysler needs to focus on reliability.

My Wonderful Chrysler
By bobekah on 01/06/12 17:04 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I got this car 2 years ago, It must have been when the car was completely falling apart but still looked good out side (thats what got me). I love my car but in the first year I put over 4000 into repair from Front end popping (which came back after replacing knuckles) constant creaking sound in my trunk area. Speakers blew a month after having the thing. Constant electrical problems. My dash flickers and my heated seats dont work. Ive gotten all new tires and they still leak! NEW rims and they still leak! This is my baby I spend alot of money but its a rip off for sure! The things only got 123,000 miles on it and the engine praformace is great

Still Love It
By Carloskid on 03/28/10 05:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

After 10 years of loving attention, my '2000 M still turns heads. With factory chrome wheels and slightly fatter tires on the 17" wheels, it looks very contemporary. Most newer cars still retain the look the 330M pioneered in 1999. No significant problems - Except for tires, all original equipment. (Almost all highway driving). I'd buy it again.

First family car
By EZG0_N on 02/05/10 15:39 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 2000 and have loved driving it! It now has 143K miles on it. Love the styling, performance and ride. I can get 3 car seats in back with enough (carefully packed) in the trunk for a short weekend trip. The HVAC has never works properly. There have been some problems with the dashboard blinking, radiator, driver’s window, headlamps foggy, dashboard cracked, rims leak – badly - and now some minor electrical and transmission problems. Otherwise the car is still sound, very minor rust on the door bottoms and acid rain spots. It’s going to be sad to trade it in once the 4th child arrives.

Huge Mistake Buying Chrysler 300M!!!!
By ChryslerJunk on 09/28/09 21:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I was stupid enough to go from owning a reliable, quality built Honda Accord to purchasing a Chrysler 300M in late 1999. Big mistake. I was suckered into believing in American made and falling for the cool exterior design...what was underneath was pure junk. I can't tell you the amount of money, worry, disappointment, and absolute frustration this vehicle has brought me. I remember bringing it home thinking I would baby it and have it for years...imagining it could be considered a classic some day...what a naive notion that was. It's a Chrysler stupid!!!! USA Auto Execs dismissed Dr. Deming who wanted to teach them about Total Quality Systems. So he went to Japan where they listened.

My 300M - 248,849 miles same eng and trns.
By Ray K on 07/31/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have put 248,849 miles on my 300M, still has the original engine and transmission. I have to say I did keep up with the oil changes, most of my driving was highway driving for about 100 per day. The 300M has served me well. The problems I have had with the car was that all 4 of the automatic door locks needed to be replaced, warranty handled the cost of 2 and I footed the cost for the other 2. I even tried to get them to replace the last 2 before the door locks failed and the warranty ran out but no luck. Also the air-conditioner required about 1,000 dollars of work to get fix after 7 years. If those items didn't go wrong I may have gotten another. Surprise, but I'm driving a Prius now.

hey
By derek on 05/26/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I bought my 300m with 44,000 miles on it. It now has 126,000. Its been alright but this past year stupid things have been happening. I had to replace my tie rods twice in 4 years. My rear doors locks are screwed up. My struts in the front end are bad. I think my muffler is ripped. Its all wear and tear stuff. Nothing Major. I have maintained it very well. Tune ups oil changes brakes. Its never left me stranded on the side of the road. Overall its an ok car. Not great but I hope it last another 3 4 years.

Liked almost everything about the car
By Ken on 02/20/09 13:47 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I had my 300M about 1 1/2 years. It ran and handled very well. Gas mileage was good at 21-25mpg, with an avg of about 23mpg. But, what was being stated in these reviews came to light. Condenser ($700), power steering lines ($200) and front end parts needed replaced. I replaced many parts under the front end and still couldn't get rid of the clunking noise. Finally, you need to remove the front fascia to replace a simple light bulb.