1999 Chrysler 300M Consumer Review: Will it be a classic?

1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Will it be a classic?
By jefe4x4 on

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We bought in 1998 and had problems with the sound system right off. Finally replaced the whole sys. on warranty and worked fine after that. At 140K mi. it's as good as ever. Replaced frnt. tie rods @102K; the radiator @ 135K mi. I like the car, and I don't like most of the cars I've owned. It is our 'summer' car now as we live in snow country and with 4" of clearance it's not going to push snow like our Jeep, although the limited slip frnt diff works well on snow. It's not worth anything and just keeps going and going so we'll keep it till it stops moving. We try to keep it up as I'm thinking more and more like this will be a Mopar classic. We won't live long enough to know, however.

It is a great car for long car trips. Seats are very comfortable. Me thinks because of the arrow shape of the body, it gets very good mpg even at speed. Our average mileage @ 75 mph is 28 mpg. Huge trunk. Seats 5 big people easily. We ordered it without the sun roof. With the s. roof, it was too low for a tall person driving.

Battery is in an awkward place. small plastic interior parts break easily.