Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler 300m - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )

I should have known better...
By TW

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've been hesitant at buying a Chrysler ever since the transmission problems of the 80's. This car caught my eye and made me forget about the way Chrysler didn't stand behind their product in the past. My two 7 inch long cracks in the dash around the airbag knocked me back to reality. Chrysler doesn't care and says that it's "environmental". Since I can't trade the car like this and it will cost over $1000 to fix it, this car has now become my official beater. Unfortunately, the internal dash lights are now starting to flicker and the transmission is sporadically jerking, so I don't think my beater is going to last much longer.

Favorite Features

-Solid engine -Ride comfort -Space

Suggested Improvements

-Interior quality, especially the dash! -Stand by your product. It's obvious that you were using (or still using?) a manufacturer who was producing a poor product. Do the right thing and your customers will be loyal. Ask Toyota.

mounding problems
By vegastyle

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

one month after purchasing the car - the gas pedal fell to the floor with no movement so i just sat there finally towed it was covered under warranty. computer malfunctions covered warranty. 63,000... 3000 passed the warranty transmission goes, two windows stop working then a short time later rack pinion needed replaced some other rod needed replacing... another short time later two rims needed replacing two fans went so car over heated...windshield cracked from having the heat on... battery connectors corroded.. alternator went... i used all 700 words allowed to complain about this car... every time i get into it i wonder what will be next... as soon as i can a new car is next.

Favorite Features

the engine hasn't died yet and the heated seats still work

Suggested Improvements

trash the car and start over....

I'll miss this car
By wythany

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've had my 300M for almost 7 years, the longest I've ever kept a car. (I bought my first in 1968.) I had always driven small foreign coupes before this car, but I fell in love with the styling and it was time for a "grown- up" car. I didn't expect to like driving such a big vehicle, but the engine has so much power I've enjoyed every minute behind the wheel. I've also loved all the cargo and passenger space. It has been quite reliable, though now, at 71,000 mi., I'm beginning to have electrical problems. And I've decided I need AWD, so I'm getting ready to trade in my M. I will miss it, no matter what replaces it. And it will always rank right up there with my very favorite cars.

Favorite Features

Heated seats! Nice leather on seats. Computer display includes Distance to Empty, current and overall MPG (21!), outside temp. Huge trunk and pass- through via split rear seats. Great value for the price.

Suggested Improvements

I wish AWD had been an option. I'd probably keep the car, as old as it now is.

Like a dream!
By like a dream

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car I have ever owned. It has been wonderfully reliable and I love driving it. I am only sorry they stopped making it or I would buy another.

Favorite Features

The auto stick is amazing for climbing Colorado mountains. It is quick and takes most cars traveling uphill.

Suggested Improvements

It needs cup holders in the back seat.

I Will Never Buy One Again!
By Haley

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but trouble since we bought it. It has been in and out of the shop for breaking down on the freeway. The dealership quit charging us when we brought it in because they don't know what is wrong with it. To add to it, the electric windows stopped working. As soon as we can get rid of it we will. I will never buy another Chrysler.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

They could improve the reliablity of the car!