1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )
Fun to drive and noisy
By JPIERRE on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This car combines several qualities. No rust or sign of it after 6 years exposed to road salt in the Montreal winters. Still solid and no rattles. The reliability after the first 6 months of ajustments, is at par with other well renowned cars.

Even after 5 years, it's a great car
By husker1 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

After five years and 120,000 miles, I still love this car! Reliability has been excellent. The power, comfort, luxury and room has no match in this class or price range. Why DC decided to end the run is a mystery.

Looks Are Deceiving!!!!!
By Bad Choice! on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

The car only looks nice. I would never buy another Chrysler in my life.Everything that can go wrong, did go wrong.The car is in the shop every other month.Windows, Speed sensors, fans, modules, mirror controls, brakes parts, speakers etc. there are no warnings! the car just quits anytime, anywhere. One time I had not been out of it 30 minutes,I got back in,it would not start. (modules).One day I was one my way home from the repair shop and it quit, you fix one thing and something else goes bad!!! Chrysler needs to have a lifetime warranty on this car.

Loved it for years but now disappointed
By ListenupChrysler on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I used to love my 300M. What a great car at a good price. After 4 years and more than $8,000 in repairs I'm done with Chrysler forever. My dealership and Chrysler corporate have been nothing short of terrible. I was set to put down a deposit on the new 300C Hemi, now Chrysler will never get another dime from me. After replacing the window motors, AC evaporator, transmission computer, starter motor, seat motors and numerous other parts I'm broke and broken-hearted. I did not abuse this car, in fact I followed every maintenance interval and had the dealer service it every time.

TOO MUCH ROAD NOISE!!
By Paint Sales Rep. on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

My '99 300M is a company car. I drive 700 to 900 miles a week. All in all its not a bad car. I have had no problems in the first 50,000 mi. I find the ride very hard. The seats too firm and far too much road noise. The sound system is great. Probably not the car I would buy if given the choice. But would not rule it out.

Nickel and diming me.
By gr5ub on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Replaced the brain, a speed sensor, 3 window motors,2 door locks and now the air conditioner. NO MORE CHRYSLERS !!! and its only 4 years old.Called Chrysler they dont stand behind their cars I have 76,000 miles now. Gonna buy a Honda.

Great car
By cfleck on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Dealer was excellent. Virtually no service problems other than tire balancing and brake rotor vibration required work at several times.

to good to be true
By bsmooth on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This is a beautiful car, but not only does it have too many mechanical issues, the dealership people hardly knew how to properly diagnose the problems.In the first 3 months of ownership we'd spent over 3,000 on things that the warranty didn't cover. from the a/c going out, window motors, constant cooling system problems which eventually led to the engine having to be rebuilt, which took three days to properly diagnose. did i mention that chryler dealerships do not offer loaner vehicals? after finally getting the car right we had and accident which totaled the car out. blessing in disguise.

excellent car to drive and own
By j-ro on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

fun to drive, room for family, great combo of performance and gas mileage, looks/ appearance is like new if cared for and garaged regularly.

THE BEST OF THE BEST
By BENR on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

253 HP 254 TORKE IS ENOGH TO BIT ANY OTHER SEDAN IN THE STREET LIKE HONDA ACCORD , LEXUS IS300, TOYOTA CAMRY ETC. I KNOW CHRYSLER DO NOT HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN CARS HISTORY. BUT THIS TIME IS DIFERENT. THANKS TO MERCEDES TO BE PART OF CHRYSLER NOW CHRYSLER IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS IN THE STREET ONE OF THE MOST ATRACTIVE CARS AND FUTURISTIC STYLE IN THE MARKET. THE 300M IS AMAZING. GOT EVERYTHING, POWER, COMFORT,LUXURY, QUALITY AND SEXY. THANKS DAIMLER BENZ TO BE PART OF CHRYSLER CORP. AND MAKE THE 300M THE BEST OF THE BEST.