1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )
300M Best I've driven
By Houndster on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

There are a few words that come to mind when driving this car: solid, maneuverable, and enjoyable. This is the best automobile I have owned; and I used to drive only European cars befor ethis. It has tons of room, moves out when you need/want it, handles like a touring car from Germany, impresses people when they see it from the curb and wows them when they get in/drive it. It is a classic of design and capability.

fair
By Mikey Doodle on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

transmission went out steering went out

Great 300M
By Gregory Lake on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Original owner. Two minor repairs. Runs and looks great. Loved all of the standard features. Looks much better than new 300.

I have been fortunate...........
By Moparfan on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Unlike some of the reviews I've read here, I have nothing but good things to say about my 300M. Purchased used in 12/2001, it has been perhaps the most trouble free American car I have ever owned. In the 25,000 plus miles I have driven it, the only repairs needed were a driver power window switch and a control module for the seat/radio/mirror memory. Because I was fortunate enough to have purchased an extended warranty, my out of pocket cost was zero. I'm only sorry Chrysler has chosen to end its production. With only a few minor revisions, it could have soldiered on for a few years yet.

My 300M
By cfrank on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Fun car to own. No major problems, normal wear items only replaced.

Had to get rid of it
By panther on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

When I first bought this car and for the first three years (end of warranty), it was great. Only one minor in warranty problem. Then things started to happen. First it was a rear window motor, then the transmission module. Then the biggest one -- rack and pinion -- that was a dreamy $1500 repair. After that, corrosion of two of the chrome wheels. Finally, another window motor and the ac evaporator. Just did not want to spend any more money and just unloaded it. Extremely disappointed with reliability. None of these problems were caused by neglect. Just lousy manufacturing. Will not touch another Chrysler.

Good choice!!
By regwil on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I liked the 300M when it first came out, and when it came time to buy another car last year (12/2002) I searched for a 1999 (couldn't afford a newer one). I bought a one owner with 54,000 miles. I've had it 12 months, now have 69,000 miles & have replaced 2 window motors. I've had no others problems. Nice handling, quick, and great mileage, 20-22 mpg. When it comes time for another car, I would definately consider another 300M.

Have a spare car on hand...
By Geoff Boulden on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Replaced the brain $250. Cracked rim - dealer wanted $713 but found one on interent for $360 and considered my self lucky. 3 repairs of a/c cost me $2000. Replaced brakes at 30,000 and 55,000 miles.

No Regrets
By Fred R on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have been driving my 300M exclusively for almost 5 years. Has been very reliable in all weather. Had to have a sensor on the tranny replaced at about 40k, but otherwise no problems. It still looks new at 70k and is fun to zip through traffic in. Very nimble for a bigger car. It rides much better with Perelli's than those Good Years it came with.

High Performance with a Touch of a Style
By Jenkendan on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Great car for the money! I bought this car as used in 2001. I only had to replace brake pads & a starter...which went out on me after 3months. Besides that this car has been running beautifully. Design doesn't look outdated...actually still looks better than lot of other new cars in the market. The handling is awesome on this car. It corners like as if it's on rails like rollercoaster without any bodyroll effects! My friends had doubts for me when I bought an American car & even more when they saw that it was a Chrysler. But I have no doubts that I got an excellent car for tens & thousands less than what they had paid for with their imports!