Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler 300m - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Oil pan blues
By inkfixx

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I loved my car but every day that I go with out a new oil pan, cause Chrysler can't seem to make any cause I'm number 500 plus people looking for one. So what do I do just drive around with a leaking oil pan plug, get oil all over my nice car, and then someday it leave me on the side of the road cause I can't get a flipping oil pan come on Chrysler give me a break I work hard for a living I don't need this worry on back of my mind when I'm going on a road trip. See I use this car for my weekends and road trips it parked during the week. Every time I have the dealer change my oil I worry down the road... I have the oil pan blues

Favorite Features

i love the inside and outside of the car

Suggested Improvements

need a few oil pans on the shelf

problems already..
By Hawk

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We just bought this car for our middle child.. Not alot of driving but daily use expected. Before purchasing i put this car through its paces; drove it hard, had it scoped twice then checked phyisically. No neg codes presentend but not all registered codes were recieved. Some kind of block in the link. Definite red flag!The car ran well and never showed complications. Once we got the car home the window in the rear stuck open. The interior lights above/front did not work anymore. Now none of the windows work fulltime and the marker lighting on the shift lever goes off/on. I would not recommend this car to anyone based on the electrical issues encountered in such a short period of time owned.

BEWARE OF ELECTRICAL ISSUES!!! (but I'm going to miss it!)
By ekasser11

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I first bought this car at an auction at 195,000 miles and it was overheating and the lights were not working, cost me about $250 to fix. Later on, it kept randomly shutting down on me and ended up being the fuel sensor which cost me another $230. I got the car all checked out an drove it from Texas to New Hampshire up through Canada with NO PROBLEMS! Then a couple months after I got here, it shut down on me again, not to ever start back up...the guy now says that the problems are so extensive because of the electrical issues that even if I were to get them fixed it would just break down again in the future, BUYERS BEWARE!

Favorite Features

The heated seats, the stereo is AWESOME! Very comfortable leather seats, engine runs like a charm! Cruise control!! Woot! Plenty of space in the trunk and the back seat, remote starter, automatic headlights, slick design :)

Suggested Improvements

Alternator needs to be more reliable (it wouldn't start TWICE even though it had a new battery in it). Just everything in the car was sooo broken, the electrical issues especially!

Electrical Ghost Cost me serious money...
By mjanssen

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I loved this car, my kids loved this car, I enjoyed driving it...I hated giving it up! I was nickled and dimed with the windows and some other small electrical issues and the shifter had to be fixed as well and the air conditioner as well. But the killer was I lost my shirt when it just didn't start up or started up real ugly one day...never drove it again after spending THOUSANDS on "Well, it must be this" and "well, we'll try this"...it got so bad the dealership actually did most of the work at the end for free and brought in a professional who was baffled as well. A friend finally told me to dump it and go on from there...he was right. The ghost won on this one!

Favorite Features

LOVED DRIVING THIS, it was a great, comfortable and classy ride.

Suggested Improvements

It ws close to the ground and a little hard to get in and out of..and I beleive they straightened out the electrical issues on the newer models

Love this car
By BenT

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed this car for a long time now. Handling is good, decent power, great comfort. Interior is very tastefully done. I've had pretty good luck on reliability as well. There is no doubt that I would buy this all over again.

Favorite Features

Style, sporty yet sophisticated.

Suggested Improvements

Shave a couple pounds off it. There is power but some of it is lost to over 2 tons.