1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )
I should have known better...
By TW on 01/12/07 15:57 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've been hesitant at buying a Chrysler ever since the transmission problems of the 80's. This car caught my eye and made me forget about the way Chrysler didn't stand behind their product in the past. My two 7 inch long cracks in the dash around the airbag knocked me back to reality. Chrysler doesn't care and says that it's "environmental". Since I can't trade the car like this and it will cost over $1000 to fix it, this car has now become my official beater. Unfortunately, the internal dash lights are now starting to flicker and the transmission is sporadically jerking, so I don't think my beater is going to last much longer.

mounding problems
By vegastyle on 01/11/07 12:37 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

one month after purchasing the car - the gas pedal fell to the floor with no movement so i just sat there finally towed it was covered under warranty. computer malfunctions covered warranty. 63,000... 3000 passed the warranty transmission goes, two windows stop working then a short time later rack pinion needed replaced some other rod needed replacing... another short time later two rims needed replacing two fans went so car over heated...windshield cracked from having the heat on... battery connectors corroded.. alternator went... i used all 700 words allowed to complain about this car... every time i get into it i wonder what will be next... as soon as i can a new car is next.

I'll miss this car
By wythany on 06/26/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've had my 300M for almost 7 years, the longest I've ever kept a car. (I bought my first in 1968.) I had always driven small foreign coupes before this car, but I fell in love with the styling and it was time for a "grown- up" car. I didn't expect to like driving such a big vehicle, but the engine has so much power I've enjoyed every minute behind the wheel. I've also loved all the cargo and passenger space. It has been quite reliable, though now, at 71,000 mi., I'm beginning to have electrical problems. And I've decided I need AWD, so I'm getting ready to trade in my M. I will miss it, no matter what replaces it. And it will always rank right up there with my very favorite cars.

Like a dream!
By like a dream on 05/20/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car I have ever owned. It has been wonderfully reliable and I love driving it. I am only sorry they stopped making it or I would buy another.

I Will Never Buy One Again!
By Haley on 05/10/06 15:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but trouble since we bought it. It has been in and out of the shop for breaking down on the freeway. The dealership quit charging us when we brought it in because they don't know what is wrong with it. To add to it, the electric windows stopped working. As soon as we can get rid of it we will. I will never buy another Chrysler.

Watch out!
By Fred on 12/31/05 11:20 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Looks great..fun to drive, but not reliable! Before the engine blew at 136,000 miles without warning on Thanksgiving Day, stranding my family far from home..mechanic was amazed because the car had been meticulously maintained mechanically: The car rolled backwards when parked and gear shift stopped shifting smoothly..fixed 9 months before the recall, Chrysler REFUSED to pay us back..they couldn't be sure the problem was actually fixed. I sent documentation. They didn't care! Replaced 3 defective rims, 2 power windows, tie rods and alternator before 90,000 miles. The Dash lights started flickering affecting radio and heater..computer was going out. Not buying a Chrysler again!

Great Car
By RB on 12/29/05 18:19 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This is a great car - distinctive styling (not like those Tupperware- looking foreign jobs) and high performance and great reliability. Plus, it's fun to drive and can take the sharpest curve at high speeds. Go Chrysler....GO U S A !

300 M
By Linda on 06/29/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This car has had alot of problems:AC, compressor, emergency flashers that come on by themselves, flickering headlights, courtesy lightcovers coming off, power windows that don't work (1 actually shattered and had to be replaced)and backing up very fast without the drivers foot even on the pedal and the paint has faded from red to pink.

Great America Car
By Neill on 03/18/05 13:04 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This car has been a pleasure to own and drive. It is very reliable, with absolutely NO mechanical problems. Just regular Maintenance. Long trips are very enjoyable in comfort, ride, and amenities such as an excellent CD stereo system. Gas milieage on highway is as high as 27, with about 21 city. Performance is very resonsive and quick.

Can't Find Anything to Replace It!
By Anne on 02/19/05 23:17 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I've ever owned. (And the first American car -- always been a Japanese car buyer.) Great styling. Huge trunk. Comfy front and rear seats. Lots of luxury for the price. Aside from routine maintenance, virtually no repair costs. GREAT bang for the buck. I sorta want a new car now, this time AWD. Thought the 300C would be it, but I hate the skimpy windows. Guess I'll hang on to my beloved 300M a while longer -- FWD isn't great on hills in snow, but we've had a fairly mild winter! If you can find this used in good condition w/ low mileage, don't hesitate. It's a WONderful car. Motor Trend Car of the Year in '99 and it deserved it.