Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (103 reviews )

Love this car
By BenT

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed this car for a long time now. Handling is good, decent power, great comfort. Interior is very tastefully done. I've had pretty good luck on reliability as well. There is no doubt that I would buy this all over again.

Style, sporty yet sophisticated.

Shave a couple pounds off it. There is power but some of it is lost to over 2 tons.

An excellent car for the money
By JAC

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have wanted one ever since I saw the unveiling in 1998. In 2004 I was finally able to purchase one. The car was everything I expected. The overall performance is quite good for a V6 powered car of its size. As a daily driver, I cannot think of any other car that could be better except for a new hemi 300. My only gripe has been having to repair the AC (an expensive procedure), and various sensors going bad over the years). The car has only left me stranded once when the battery died. I feel that most of the problems with these cars comes down to lack of maintenance, either by the current owner or the previous owners. Take care of the car and it will take care of you.

My favorite features have to be the heated seats and the autostick. Besides being fun to manually go through the gears, it makes winter driving easier by allowing 2nd gear starts from a standstill.

At speeds above 70, the car does get a bit noisy. The only other thing I would consider improving is they keep a closer eye on the quality of the suppliers they use, since small things like cam and crank sensors seem to be a common failure point on these cars.

I got one of the few good ones
By Ken N

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I got lucky. I have had only one tow bill for this car and it was for a tank of bad gas. The car is really picky about the quality of gas you put in it. I drive about 120 miles a day and get around 27 MPG. Yes the windows stick in the summer. (use baby powder between the rubber seal and the glass and it stops this) Plenty of room for the wife and kids. Bought it with 63,000 miles on it for $7,600 and now have 183,000 miles showing. Only have to change out the filters and the oil and it just keeps on going. Like I said I must have gotten one of the few good ones.

Heated seats, nice exterior and interior styling. The 254HP from the 3.5 H/O. Its fun when the 18 yr old in the loud civic pulls up beside you at the light. Cruising 110 MPH on the interstate at only 3100 RPM isn't bad for a car in this class.

Road noise. From what I have read in most other reviews, its good that they started over with the 300C's from the ground up.

Inbetween
By amber

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable and nice looking car. Have been through several tires due to the rims on the car. Almost weekly have a flat tire. The car is great if your not driving in snow, then it is awful. Locks also make a loud sound, they still work but is a screeching sound. Power windows get stuck occasionally.

Heated seats and spacious

I Hate my Car
By mrswoods0331

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've wanted a 300m since the 10th grade and finally purchased one. The day after buying my car it began to stall coming off the interstate. Had to have it towed to the dealer had to have a water pump and starter put on. Within weeks, My steering wheel had to be turned about a 90 deg angle to go straight. Had to replace tie rods and wheel bearings. Long to short, my car has been in the shop 8 times in 16 mo. I had problems with AC buttons going out at random, two broken window motors, crank sensor, and transmission. Just yesterday I have noticed the sound of air coming from under my hood when accelerating. It sounds like brakes would if they needed to be bled. I hate my Chrysler with a passion.

I love the appearance of the whole car.

Everything