1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
An excellent car for the money
By JAC on 05/27/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have wanted one ever since I saw the unveiling in 1998. In 2004 I was finally able to purchase one. The car was everything I expected. The overall performance is quite good for a V6 powered car of its size. As a daily driver, I cannot think of any other car that could be better except for a new hemi 300. My only gripe has been having to repair the AC (an expensive procedure), and various sensors going bad over the years). The car has only left me stranded once when the battery died. I feel that most of the problems with these cars comes down to lack of maintenance, either by the current owner or the previous owners. Take care of the car and it will take care of you.

I got one of the few good ones
By Ken N on 03/27/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I got lucky. I have had only one tow bill for this car and it was for a tank of bad gas. The car is really picky about the quality of gas you put in it. I drive about 120 miles a day and get around 27 MPG. Yes the windows stick in the summer. (use baby powder between the rubber seal and the glass and it stops this) Plenty of room for the wife and kids. Bought it with 63,000 miles on it for $7,600 and now have 183,000 miles showing. Only have to change out the filters and the oil and it just keeps on going. Like I said I must have gotten one of the few good ones.

Inbetween
By amber on 02/25/09 13:10 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable and nice looking car. Have been through several tires due to the rims on the car. Almost weekly have a flat tire. The car is great if your not driving in snow, then it is awful. Locks also make a loud sound, they still work but is a screeching sound. Power windows get stuck occasionally.

I Hate my Car
By mrswoods0331 on 01/24/09 01:49 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've wanted a 300m since the 10th grade and finally purchased one. The day after buying my car it began to stall coming off the interstate. Had to have it towed to the dealer had to have a water pump and starter put on. Within weeks, My steering wheel had to be turned about a 90 deg angle to go straight. Had to replace tie rods and wheel bearings. Long to short, my car has been in the shop 8 times in 16 mo. I had problems with AC buttons going out at random, two broken window motors, crank sensor, and transmission. Just yesterday I have noticed the sound of air coming from under my hood when accelerating. It sounds like brakes would if they needed to be bled. I hate my Chrysler with a passion.

Oil pan blues
By inkfixx on 04/22/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I loved my car but every day that I go with out a new oil pan, cause Chrysler can't seem to make any cause I'm number 500 plus people looking for one. So what do I do just drive around with a leaking oil pan plug, get oil all over my nice car, and then someday it leave me on the side of the road cause I can't get a flipping oil pan come on Chrysler give me a break I work hard for a living I don't need this worry on back of my mind when I'm going on a road trip. See I use this car for my weekends and road trips it parked during the week. Every time I have the dealer change my oil I worry down the road... I have the oil pan blues

Really a great car
By k2211 on 12/24/07 23:18 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Chrysler did a good job when making this vehicle. No problems at all. Really good snow traction. very comfortable to ride in, and it drives smaller than it is. Huge back seat. Fuel consumption is about average for a V6. Interior design is great. Build quality is good, not great. But that's light years ahead of any Ford or GM product of the time could say. The materials used for interior construction is realy good in some parts, barly okay in others, but they are in spots you usually don't touch. I think most people who purchase this vehicle will be very pleased. It deserves its "car of the year" award for 1999.

Best car of the chryslers
By james & carrie on 07/31/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

The 300M is the best car we've driven. Other than having to replace the radiator and replacing a bolt, we've had no other problems. It rides very smooth. I would recommend the 300M to all my friends and family

Still Own and Drive It
By Russel Fischer on 07/15/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle new in early 1999 and still own and drive it daily because it totally serves our needs. The 300M has been very reliable, still has solid looks and is very comfotable, economical but sporty.

A great car except for a few nuisances
By Hans Gruber on 06/21/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Three perpetual problems: Brakes, front end alignment, and AC. Every year, I pay a different mechanic to take a shot at fixing these things. For a few months each year when everything works correctly, this is a fantastic car. The rest of the time, it's an OK car that looks great and provides transportation. Mileage (21 mpg combined) is quite good for the size/weight/power of this car. Engine and transmission have been rock solid.

Big Disappointment
By Brajules on 04/15/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Engine blew at 135,000 miles stranding my teenage son and his friends on the side of the road at night. We had already replaced 2 rims, tie rods, alternator, two window motors, heated seats all before 100,000. Fixed the roll back when in park issue that at the time Chysler denied a problem and then 9 months later, surprise! A recall of which even then Chrysler refused to pay for even though we sent them proof! The dash lights started flickering shortly before the engine blew! We had a Chrysler Town and Country that was in the shop 27 times in the first 7 months that Chrysler finally agreed to trade in for this car. I have two relatives that work for Chrysler and they drive Chevy's!