Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (102 reviews )

Woe is Chrysler
By boats

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I am laughing reading these reviews. I have literally had every problem listed: windows stopped going down; interior lights would not shut off; alternator needed to be replaced; motor fans stopped working; alignment is problematic; radiator replaced; battery (which is in a ridiculous spot) started leaking and burned hoses; and now, it is finally at it's death as the transmission is done. On a positive note, it does have 190,000k miles and if I did get the transmission fixed it might go 250k. But dang Chrysler! Come on!

Interior. Just a very comfortable ride.

Everything listed.

problems already..
By Hawk

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We just bought this car for our middle child.. Not alot of driving but daily use expected. Before purchasing i put this car through its paces; drove it hard, had it scoped twice then checked phyisically. No neg codes presentend but not all registered codes were recieved. Some kind of block in the link. Definite red flag!The car ran well and never showed complications. Once we got the car home the window in the rear stuck open. The interior lights above/front did not work anymore. Now none of the windows work fulltime and the marker lighting on the shift lever goes off/on. I would not recommend this car to anyone based on the electrical issues encountered in such a short period of time owned.

I own two of them
By 300 double owner

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This is the only car in my life that I bought a second one of. Both are 1999 models and I bought them both used from original owners about 5 years apart. The most comfortable driving car I have ever owned by far. The same problems in both such as speed sensors going bad at the front of the transmission. Between the two cars I have replaced 4 of them. Over all I would call them very reliable. As of 10-09 one has 199,000 miles on it (and still going strong) and the other has 88,000 miles on it. A very stylish car. When I take cross country trips or any trips where I drive more than an hour I ALWAYS turn on the heated front seats. You would be amazed at how much better your back feels.

Always Problems
By 99300M

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 10 years and although I only have 65,000 miles, I wish I could find a way to get rid of it. This has been one of the best performing cars I have owned but there is always something wrong with it. About 4 years my A/C went and the cost is approximate $2,000 which is what the car is worth. Most of the interior lights don't work, head light switch need to be changed annually, window motors, transmission sensors and the list goes on. Car is only good for the 4 miles I drive daily to the train station.

Chrysler should shut down production of all cars until they learn to build then wher ethey last more then one year.

Love this car
By BenT

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed this car for a long time now. Handling is good, decent power, great comfort. Interior is very tastefully done. I've had pretty good luck on reliability as well. There is no doubt that I would buy this all over again.

Style, sporty yet sophisticated.

Shave a couple pounds off it. There is power but some of it is lost to over 2 tons.