1999 Chrysler 300M - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Electrical Ghost Cost me serious money...
By mjanssen on 11/13/12 18:59 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I loved this car, my kids loved this car, I enjoyed driving it...I hated giving it up! I was nickled and dimed with the windows and some other small electrical issues and the shifter had to be fixed as well and the air conditioner as well. But the killer was I lost my shirt when it just didn't start up or started up real ugly one day...never drove it again after spending THOUSANDS on "Well, it must be this" and "well, we'll try this"...it got so bad the dealership actually did most of the work at the end for free and brought in a professional who was baffled as well. A friend finally told me to dump it and go on from there...he was right. The ghost won on this one!

Will it be a classic?
By jefe4x4 on 08/27/12 16:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We bought in 1998 and had problems with the sound system right off. Finally replaced the whole sys. on warranty and worked fine after that. At 140K mi. it's as good as ever. Replaced frnt. tie rods @102K; the radiator @ 135K mi. I like the car, and I don't like most of the cars I've owned. It is our 'summer' car now as we live in snow country and with 4" of clearance it's not going to push snow like our Jeep, although the limited slip frnt diff works well on snow. It's not worth anything and just keeps going and going so we'll keep it till it stops moving. We try to keep it up as I'm thinking more and more like this will be a Mopar classic. We won't live long enough to know, however.

BEWARE OF ELECTRICAL ISSUES!!! (but I'm going to miss it!)
By ekasser11 on 01/25/12 16:49 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I first bought this car at an auction at 195,000 miles and it was overheating and the lights were not working, cost me about $250 to fix. Later on, it kept randomly shutting down on me and ended up being the fuel sensor which cost me another $230. I got the car all checked out an drove it from Texas to New Hampshire up through Canada with NO PROBLEMS! Then a couple months after I got here, it shut down on me again, not to ever start back up...the guy now says that the problems are so extensive because of the electrical issues that even if I were to get them fixed it would just break down again in the future, BUYERS BEWARE!

I am going to Miss This Car!
By nursediesel on 08/23/11 10:24 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Had this car since it was a 2002 and had to give it up after 8 years of ownership. Nice styling, power and a comfortable ride. Changed the oil ever 3K and pampered it. Only problems were 1: Power Window Regulators (replaced 3 of them) 2: Chrome wheels began flaking and wouldn't hold tire pressure - had 4 wheels resurfaced $500. 3: Had to update the radio finally after CD stopped working This car would have probably gone to 250K miles, but it began to nickel and dime me. Latest quote was $2,000 for new struts and tranny was slipping a bit between 2nd and 3rd so it was time to move or have a possible money-pit starting.

I Hate To Give It Up
By Art on 08/09/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Mine just got totaled! Daily driver commuting to work from 12/99 until I retired 6/06. Since then occasional use only. Serviced at recommended intervals and Mobil 1 and filter every 3K miles. The ONLY repair it has ever required is replacing the drive motor on the driver's window and I live in a very icy climate that destroys power windows and windshield wiper mechanisms. It is the only vehicle I've ever owned that I can literally say I never had problems with it and it ran as well on the day it died as it did on the day I bought it. I kept telling myself that it was getting old and I should get a new car but I never found anything I liked better that didn't have a 3-pointed star.

Woe is Chrysler
By boats on 06/19/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I am laughing reading these reviews. I have literally had every problem listed: windows stopped going down; interior lights would not shut off; alternator needed to be replaced; motor fans stopped working; alignment is problematic; radiator replaced; battery (which is in a ridiculous spot) started leaking and burned hoses; and now, it is finally at it's death as the transmission is done. On a positive note, it does have 190,000k miles and if I did get the transmission fixed it might go 250k. But dang Chrysler! Come on!

problems already..
By Hawk on 12/24/09 19:53 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We just bought this car for our middle child.. Not alot of driving but daily use expected. Before purchasing i put this car through its paces; drove it hard, had it scoped twice then checked phyisically. No neg codes presentend but not all registered codes were recieved. Some kind of block in the link. Definite red flag!The car ran well and never showed complications. Once we got the car home the window in the rear stuck open. The interior lights above/front did not work anymore. Now none of the windows work fulltime and the marker lighting on the shift lever goes off/on. I would not recommend this car to anyone based on the electrical issues encountered in such a short period of time owned.

I own two of them
By 300 double owner on 10/24/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This is the only car in my life that I bought a second one of. Both are 1999 models and I bought them both used from original owners about 5 years apart. The most comfortable driving car I have ever owned by far. The same problems in both such as speed sensors going bad at the front of the transmission. Between the two cars I have replaced 4 of them. Over all I would call them very reliable. As of 10-09 one has 199,000 miles on it (and still going strong) and the other has 88,000 miles on it. A very stylish car. When I take cross country trips or any trips where I drive more than an hour I ALWAYS turn on the heated front seats. You would be amazed at how much better your back feels.

Always Problems
By 99300M on 08/23/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 10 years and although I only have 65,000 miles, I wish I could find a way to get rid of it. This has been one of the best performing cars I have owned but there is always something wrong with it. About 4 years my A/C went and the cost is approximate $2,000 which is what the car is worth. Most of the interior lights don't work, head light switch need to be changed annually, window motors, transmission sensors and the list goes on. Car is only good for the 4 miles I drive daily to the train station.

Love this car
By BenT on 06/17/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed this car for a long time now. Handling is good, decent power, great comfort. Interior is very tastefully done. I've had pretty good luck on reliability as well. There is no doubt that I would buy this all over again.